Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

your not going to include things about Hodgson in this?

Right! He kills talent, other coach/gm combos around the league take players he's destroyed, and they have decent numbers afterword. Proof further that he is a loser and always will be. :)

Duds officially named assistant GM for Montreal

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=632777

Wonder what kinda deal he has with Burke now? Rumors before were that even though he had an out clause to leave TO, Burke wanted something for letting him go cause he was worried about him leaving after working so closely with the Leafs Draft plans this offseason. I remember hearing somewhere that Burke wanted to make a deal that required him to not leave until after the draft

Wonder what kinda deal he has with Burke now? Rumors before were that even though he had an out clause to leave TO, Burke wanted something for letting him go cause he was worried about him leaving after working so closely with the Leafs Draft plans this offseason. I remember hearing somewhere that Burke wanted to make a deal that required him to not leave until after the draft

Those guys are old school trustworthy. My guess is if Dudley brought a guy to the table for the Leafs, he's fair game. If another scout got them on the train, it's the Leafs to take a shot at. I wouldn't be surprised if those 2 are in communication on draft day to set things clear.

Those guys are old school trustworthy. My guess is if Dudley brought a guy to the table for the Leafs, he's fair game. If another scout got them on the train, it's the Leafs to take a shot at. I wouldn't be surprised if those 2 are in communication on draft day to set things clear.

its being reported that part of the agreement is that Dudley will not work this years draft. It really could be as simple that Dudley on Vacation until after the draft. It obvious that if Canadians used what was preferred information that Dudley would have regarding Leafs draft moves , it would be clear to all and as such not looked upon favorably in the industry. There would be honor amongst them . Likely up to and during draft though got to think a few courtesy calls being made.

its being reported that part of the agreement is that Dudley will not work this years draft. It really could be as simple that Dudley on Vacation until after the draft. It obvious that if Canadians used what was preferred information that Dudley would have regarding Leafs draft moves , it would be clear to all and as such not looked upon favorably in the industry. There would be honor amongst them . Likely up to and during draft though got to think a few courtesy calls being made.

That would work. Like I said, those are old school handshake boys and i assume they will play fair. I deal with this with the ponies many times. I know my budget or that of those with me, but will scout for others and point out horses to friends. If they weren't on the horse to begin with, it is an unwritten rule I get to go at the auction price til I say no mas, then it's all theirs. I have had a time where a trainer fell in love with one I loved, and he had an unlimited bankroll and could have crushed me, but since he hadn't done his own legwork, he let me steal him and wished me luck. There are also times where a "friendly" is on the same horse, and I know they can crush me, so I just stay out of the way and hope they get them. It's really a giant honor system.

If Montreal ends up with 4 guys on the Leafs board at the similar spot, I'm sure there will be a bar fight.

Adding quality hockey people to the front office makes any team better. It may be a while before that translates to on-ice improvements. This in the exact type of move many here have been hoping the Sabres would make.

How does Dudley, so early in his exec career, already qualify as "quality hockey people"?

How does Dudley, so early in his exec career, already qualify as "quality hockey people"?

He had a part in building a Stanley Cup Champion. And was doing a good job for the Thrashers/Jets bringing in players like Byfuglien and Ladd, I'm not sure why they let him go.

He had a part in building a Stanley Cup Champion. And was doing a good job for the Thrashers/Jets bringing in players like Byfuglien and Ladd, I'm not sure why they let him go.

What Stanley Cup Champion? Dudley had little to no role in building that Tampa team, he completely destroyed their minor league affiliate after he was promoted to GM, and was subsequently fired after failing to get his team to the playoffs. Lecavelier and Richards were drafted by Demers. Yes, Dudley brought in Andreychuck, but Tortorella was the one who used him effectively.

You're giving Dudley way too much credit.

What Stanley Cup Champion? Dudley had little to no role in building that Tampa team, he completely destroyed their minor league affiliate after he was promoted to GM, and was subsequently fired after failing to get his team to the playoffs. Lecavelier and Richards were drafted by Demers. Yes, Dudley brought in Andreychuck, but Tortorella was the one who used him effectively.

You're giving Dudley way too much credit.

Tampa and Chicago both won Cups with him at the top of the talent evaluation position.

I love what Winnipeg looks like going forward. I think they are playing for a Cup within 3 years. Next year they are in the playoffs.

Dudley has also been a coach and can buffer between the front office and locker room.

You can do a lot worse than Dudley.

Tampa and Chicago both won Cups with him at the top of the talent evaluation position.

I love what Winnipeg looks like going forward. I think they are playing for a Cup within 3 years. Next year they are in the playoffs.

Dudley has also been a coach and can buffer between the front office and locker room.

You can do a lot worse than Dudley.

Dudley takes partial credit at best for those cups. His predecessors set him up pretty well in both places and he just got to makes some tweaks and ride it out.

I'm not buying the hype. His failures don't seem to be relevant to anyone.

Dudley takes partial credit at best for those cups. His predecessors set him up pretty well in both places and he just got to makes some tweaks and ride it out.

I'm not buying the hype. His failures don't seem to be relevant to anyone.

I'm not taking either side on this - but just wanted to ask if those tweaks were what was needed to push those teams over the top?

Since there is no salary cap for coaching/management; would bringing in a Dudley type or two or 3 help the Sabres?

I'm not taking either side on this - but just wanted to ask if those tweaks were what was needed to push those teams over the top?

Since there is no salary cap for coaching/management; would bringing in a Dudley type or two or 3 help the Sabres?

I think the question is can Dudley actually build a team? He's shown he's okay in secondary roles and coaching at lower levels (IHL), but can he be the main man? If he's that kind of exec why didn't Toronto try to keep him instead of Burke, who hasn't done the best job ever in his tenure?

Lots of questions to be answered before there can be any true opinion of Dudley as a GM. Montreal will me much harder than Tampa, Florida and Atlanta. He's going to be the whipping boy there if he doesn't absolutely kill it.

Deluca seems to want to give him the key to Montreal already.

I think the question is can Dudley actually build a team? He's shown he's okay in secondary roles and coaching at lower levels (IHL), but can he be the main man? If he's that kind of exec why didn't Toronto try to keep him instead of Burke, who hasn't done the best job ever in his tenure?

Lots of questions to be answered before there can be any true opinion of Dudley as a GM. Montreal will me much harder than Tampa, Florida and Atlanta. He's going to be the whipping boy there if he doesn't absolutely kill it.

Deluca seems to want to give him the key to Montreal already.

he isn't the GM in Montreal, he is in a role secondary to the GM.

As for the question about him being good in a secondary role in Buffalo, I don't know if thats a question thats possible to answer because it all depends on how much control he is given and what Darcy would allow him to do.

he isn't the GM in Montreal, he is in a role secondary to the GM.

As for the question about him being good in a secondary role in Buffalo, I don't know if thats a question thats possible to answer because it all depends on how much control he is given and what Darcy would allow him to do.

Whoops, I thought they made him GM. You're right. Either way he's unproven and is being given too much credit simply because he's not Darcy.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Montreal/2012/05/28/19809351.html

A number of reports are saying Montreal Canadians will hire Bob Hartley to be their next Coach and current Memorial Cup winning coach

Eric Veilleux will become assistant coach. Hartley helped Veilleux the past month giving advice as Shawinigan Cataractes prepared for Memorial Cup.

Archived