Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

Give it a rest. That's what makes it a play on words, the fact that there is a "double meaning," or a "pun." Obviously they capitalized "Buffalo" to reference the city (ie Kane's home town) while also making reference to the animal of the same name. How are you not familiar with this concept? Our hockey team's name is the "Buffalo (as in the city) Sabres" and yet our logo is a buffalo (the animal).

This has been TSB's common sense lesson of the day. Hope you learned a thing or two.

BOOM BABY!

reading your comments at times folks does make it hard.....

You're not alone.

Anyway, random thought of the day. This one's been floating around in my mind lately. If Phoenix by some chance makes it all the way and wins the cup, should Rafi Torres get his name on the Cup? It just doesn't seem right to me.

You're not alone.

Anyway, random thought of the day. This one's been floating around in my mind lately. If Phoenix by some chance makes it all the way and wins the cup, should Rafi Torres get his name on the Cup? It just doesn't seem right to me.

I just don't see how they can stop it from happening.

Me either, but it would just seem strange to reward a guy for an accomplishment that they banned him from playing for.

Hopefully, he won't feel rewarded, though, and I think even his name on a cup wouldn't stop him from realizing that he didn't contribute to, or deserve it.

its the offseason for them, isnt that ok that they do that?

I'm ok with partying any time but they just lost to the U.S. in o.t. and were out at 3am. As far as I'm concerned if they want to be professionals representing their country they can wait til they are on their own time not their countries time and dime. They are acting more like professional partyers but maybe its all overblown. The story is on puckdaddy.

I'll add that the former miss Finland looks real fine.

I'm ok with partying any time but they just lost to the U.S. in o.t. and were out at 3am. As far as I'm concerned if they want to be professionals representing their country they can wait til they are on their own time not their countries time and dime. They are acting more like professional partyers but maybe its all overblown. The story is on puckdaddy.

I'll add that the former miss Finland looks real fine.

Does Canada care about that tournament at all? I have a hard time picturing North Americans taking it very seriously with the way the rosters are allowed to change on a daily basis.

You're not alone.

The requirement is to play a certain amount of games during the regular season (41 games for the team), or a certain amount of playoff games (apparently 1 game in the SC Finals) to get your name on the cup

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/stanleycupbunker/f/stanley_cup_nam.htm

Why doesn't Torres deserve it? He did play for the 'Yotes this season and was a part of the team

Does Canada care about that tournament at all? I have a hard time picturing North Americans taking it very seriously with the way the rosters are allowed to change on a daily basis.

I dont think so, no one I know of really cares and alot don't even know its going on.

Me either, but it would just seem strange to reward a guy for an accomplishment that they banned him from playing for.

He isn't getting his name on the cup because he hit a guy, he is getting his name on it for being a member of the team that won the cup

He isn't getting his name on the cup because he hit a guy, he is getting his name on it for being a member of the team that won the cup

You misread that one a bit. The "accomplishment" I was talking about was winning the Cup. They won't let him play for it but they would put his name on it. You want to make the punishment even more severe? Don't put his name on there. That would really make someone think twice.

You misread that one a bit. The "accomplishment" I was talking about was winning the Cup. They won't let him play for it but they would put his name on it. You want to make the punishment even more severe? Don't put his name on there. That would really make someone think twice.

But the requirement to get your name on the cup is playing in 41 regular season games or one game in the SC finals. Does he meet one of those requirements? They aren't punishing him by saying he can't play in the finals. If they make it or not, he still is suspended for however many games til he reaches 25. The punishement is already overly sever compared to hits they let others get away with. The only reason they reacted the way they did was because Hossa left on a stretcher.

Well I certainly don't care about that tournament. I couldn't tell you where things stand as far as the Canadian team nor when and who they play next. My point was that when you represent your country you should be professional about it and carry yourself as such. That being said, where can I find a cold beer and some hot foreign chicks ?

That eliminates one of those 3rd line center guys we could have used...

He was never going to play another year anywhere but Anaheim though. It would have been nice to see him as a Sabre, but I think he'd have just as soon retired instead of moving to another team.

He was never going to play another year anywhere but Anaheim though. It would have been nice to see him as a Sabre, but I think he'd have just as soon retired instead of moving to another team.

It makes me wonder if Selanne will return for one more year.

Archived