Enroth Vs. MacIntyre

LGR4GM

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Kevin-Freiheit/Enroths-New-Competition/157/36953

So we signed this guy and hes got decent numbers and so does that mean we would entertain moving Enroth? I don't think so as Maclntyre is older but its interesting to look at. Thoughts? (what its a slow sabres news day)

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP4eb0434b78714f0397c8faac0654f255.html 2nd source, i never trust hockey lies and crap

So we signed this guy and hes got decent numbers and so does that mean we would entertain moving Enroth? I don't think so as Maclntyre is older but its interesting to look at. Thoughts? (what its a slow sabres news day)

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP4eb0434b78714f0397c8faac0654f255.html 2nd source, i never trust hockey lies and crap

Camp competition. The soaring value of Enroth is only happening in the 50 miles west of the Genesee.

From every report I've heard and read, MacIntyre is a very good goalie, and will challenge for a NHL spot with the Sabres. One has to wonder if Enroth may be trade bait in a package for a center. Either way, apparently another good move by Darcy...this guy is apparently very good, and adds good insurance in goal in case of injuries. I would like to see whoever the backup is play 20 to 25 games. Miller looks too tired by the end of the season.

From every report I've heard and read, MacIntyre is a very good goalie, and will challenge for a NHL spot with the Sabres. One has to wonder if Enroth may be trade bait in a package for a center. Either way, apparently another good move by Darcy...this guy is apparently very good, and adds good insurance in goal in case of injuries. I would like to see whoever the backup is play 20 to 25 games. Miller looks too tired by the end of the season.

IMO, he won't be competing for the backup job in the NHL, but rather the starting spot in the AHL. I think Enroth has earned his dues, and I believe management sees that now. They now know what they have in him, and know more or less what to expect.

I don't see them trading Enroth away right now either.

No matter what, October cannot get here soon enough :(

First time since Biron we have a backup goalie capable of playing 20 games during the regular season. Unlikely Enroth is moved, unless someone overpays.

I guess maybe I don't see the value of resigning Enroth to wasting away as a backup when he could be playing a full schedule and getting better.

Now thats an interesting thing to discuss. Enroth has played well in his short time in the NHL, however he is still young and could spend another year in the AHL with no harm to anything (does he have to clear waivers?) Mclntyre on the other hand wants to be a NHL backup and hes only signed for 1 year so do you see if he can back up miller and tell enroth hes gonna sharpen his skills more in the AHL or is Enroth more valuable up here. Either way if he has to clear waivers than I wouldnt send him anywhere but i am sure someone else could shed some light on that.

I would rather do w/e makes Enroth better in the long run because I think he could become miller's replacement in 3ish years (Enroth is only 23).

The safe bet would be that there will always be competition in camp, but Enroth will be #2 behind Miller and finally there will be some stability at the backup position. With Enroth moving up though, Regier had to make a move for a goalie because our pipeline is empty with goaltenders who are ready at an AHL level. MacIntyre will probably start for the Amerks though keeping Leggio at #2.

You guys aren't being creative enough. What if they're trying to be prepared for a possible Miller trade? :angel:

I see where you're going with this :angel: ... but no, no way. Not even in video game land does DR move Millsie.

Similar to what was previously mentioned: I say Enroth is Millers back-up unless injury or poor play ensue. Then the alternating back-up goalie scheme is set in place.

It's all a form of competition and it's good for the team.

I see where you're going with this :angel: ... but no, no way. Not even in video game land does DR move Millsie.

Similar to what was previously mentioned: I say Enroth is Millers back-up unless injury or poor play ensue. Then the alternating back-up goalie scheme is set in place.

It's all a form of competition and it's good for the team.

If Philly can trade their captain, Buffalo can trade Miller :lol: I don't really think they'd even consider it, but just food for though, maybe the guys have lost confidence in him and much like the Richards trade, perhaps there were locker room issues? hahaha i doubt it seeing as how ryan is usually pretty quiet and calm (besides a couple lashouts) but he has been known to throw his team mates under the bus. what if it's Miller for someone crazy good haha.

It is very probable that Miller will play fewer games this season, thereby slowly introducing Enroth to the NHL grind. I expect Miller to play in about 60 games total.

Are the Sabres expecting Enroth to replace Miller next season?

If Philly can trade their captain, Buffalo can trade Miller :lol: I don't really think they'd even consider it, but just food for though, maybe the guys have lost confidence in him and much like the Richards trade, perhaps there were locker room issues? hahaha i doubt it seeing as how ryan is usually pretty quiet and calm (besides a couple lashouts) but he has been known to throw his team mates under the bus. what if it's Miller for someone crazy good haha.

One man's "throwing his teammates under the bus" is another man's "being the only guy with the balls to speak up and say what needs to be said" ... just sayin' ... I think the guys in the room respect him and don't take it as being thrown under the bus, but if they are that sensitive and don't like being called out, I am not sure I want them on the team anyway. Not to mention they better grow some thicker skin with Robyn Regehr around. That guy pulls zero punches.

EDIT: And yeah, I contributed nothing to the actual goaltending discussion. Sorry.

Archived