Enroth Vs. MacIntyre

LGR4GM

• 2 weeks later...

Good article on MacIntyre

Interesting but I'm not sure that I can believe he's been a victim of circumstance since 2003.

In any event, if he is NHL-ready for backup duty, that gives the Sabres some trading options (but no cap room, dammit!).

OMG! the excuses are tiresome. You want 1 more year, why? He has had 6 already. Are you suggesting he needs an all star cast infront of him to succeed? Yeah, Miller was a rookie and so was Cam Ward. Who won that duel? or the Ray Emery duel or the Tukka Rask duel, or the 3 headed Philly monster duel? I could accept it if he had been bested by Marty Brodeur, Tim Thomas(when healthy) or Lundqvist, but those other 3 or 6(cause of philly), c'mon! Miller was even the higher seed twice, and had been playing way way better than Philly at the end of last year.

07/08, my bad I meant 06/07 team. The President Trophy team.

Miller is a Veniza winning all star goaltender, his not Hasek, his not Roy, his not Brodeur but he is damn good and has saved our bacon more than enough times to earn his place as UNQUESTIONED starter. Enroth has proved nothing and now gets his chance, what is wrong with that?

And breath...

It was because he had a preexisting(hurt in 08/09) labrum injury in his hip, in which he had surgery to repair it during the summer of 2010. He thought he could play through it in 09/10 but realized he could not, enter Tukka Rask. Miller started because Thomas was injured. Miller may have been the Olympic starter anyway as he was good leading up to the Olympics, but had Thomas not been injured, I think Miller would have been Thomas backup.

I think if Thomas never hurts his hip, and played in 09/10 like he did in 08/09 and 10/11, we would be talking about Thomas being a 3 peat Vezina Trophy winner.

Pure assumption.

Whether this is true or not is really pointless, the fact is you have to look at Millers success that year, especially in the olympics.

When it comes to the hometown goalie, there is just no talking to some people.

Anyone expecting Hasek-like performances is crazy. He was a once-in-lifetime player.

The reasonable expectation is someone who gives you a chance to win every night.

Ryan Miller has 215 wins since the lockout, fourth in the league.

If you offered him straight across for any other number one goalie in the league, 20 to 25 GMs would have their hands up.

He is not the problem.

The problem is there is just optimism, no bad run of results, no front office stupidity. We've had so much crap to hate on but now things are looking up. Most fans love that, some fans need something to bitch about. Thats the way I see it anyway.

Miller isn't perfect, but he's damn good. We've not had a team that's performed well in the playoffs since Drury and Briere left, Miller is not our 'playoff problem'. We'll see what happens this year.

Archived