Montador signs in Chicago

cdexchange

Monty's rights traded:

http://blogs.buffalo...to-chicago.html

Nice job getting a pick for someone you weren't going to resign anyway.

I'm as big a sabres fan as you're gonna find, but with all the "free agent frenzy" and the 2 trades we've seen the sabres make, I totally forgot Montador was on our team. As I think of the lineup in my head, I always left him out. Oh well, have fun in Chicago. We'll probably see them in the finals.

while I have the opportunity to kick a guy on the way out...

I see that Sabres view Monty the way I did... not worth keeping. Here we are doing whatever we can to bring in dmen and we aren't even looking at Monty's way.

I see that Sabres view Monty the way I did... not worth keeping. Here we are doing whatever we can to bring in dmen and we aren't even looking at Monty's way.

Well, when one of the guy's biggest selling points is he's a vet on a rookie heavy squad it's not that big a selling point w/ Ehrhoff (hopefully), Regehr, and Myers all playing over 20 minutes / game and Leopold there as well.

Ehrhoff - Myers

Regehr - Leopold

Weber - Sekera/Gragnani

That looks like it should be entertaining to watch.

Kudos to DR for getting even a 7th for him.

He'll prolly get a raise over last year, but we need to step over and above him, not go sideways.

The Sabres saw him for what he would be on their team, an expensive 6th Dman. He was actually pretty solid for long stretches this season. He avg one minute less of ice time than saint myers. He really struggled in the playoffs but then again so did ehrhoff.

The Sabres saw him for what he would be on their team, an expensive 6th Dman. He was actually pretty solid for long stretches this season. He avg one minute less of ice time than saint myers. He really struggled in the playoffs but then again so did ehrhoff.

True this

I enjoyed Montador as a Sabre. I wasn't too thrilled when we signed him, but he turned out ok. He gave his all for the blue and gold and that's all you can ask for. He will get a solid cheer when he returns with Chicago or whomever he decided to sign with.

Sob story aside, it is a business and he wasn't worth keeping. He broke down often late in seasons and his consistency, especially later part of the season was a mess. He wasn't going to be kept even if we didn't plan on signing Ehrhoff. Just no room for him here.

A REAL GM would have gotten at least a 6th and probably a 4th for his rights. :censored:

:rolleyes:

Chicago reporters saying that the Hawks tried to get him at the trade deadline last year.

Come again Taro???

I love you man, I really do, but I want to beat you with a sock full of unused 2007 playoff tickets right now. :clapping:

I enjoyed Montador as a Sabre. I wasn't too thrilled when we signed him, but he turned out ok. He gave his all for the blue and gold and that's all you can ask for. He will get a solid cheer when he returns with Chicago or whomever he decided to sign with.

Sob story aside, it is a business and he wasn't worth keeping. He broke down often late in seasons and his consistency, especially later part of the season was a mess. He wasn't going to be kept even if we didn't plan on signing Ehrhoff. Just no room for him here.

get a room already... :lol:

True he was a team guy but as you say this is all about getting better and there are upgrades over Monty. He was a good soldier and battled hard. Good luck.

A REAL GM would have gotten at least a 6th and probably a 4th for his rights. :censored:

:rolleyes:

Ahh yes, because clearly Steve Montador (who we weren't making any attempt to sign) has the same value as Christian Ehrhoff. :rolleyes:

Edit: I liked Montador and was really hoping that his play falling off the second half of the year was because of an injury. We'll miss his veteran leadership.

(And I'm kinda curious what the offer was for him at the deadline last year, knowing now how far we got WITH him)

Archived