Free Agent Frenzy 2011

spndnchz

Looks like Dan Carcillo to the Blackhawks.

update: One year 775k.

Made 1,075,000 in Philly last year.

I guess we won't be seeing as many GEICO Cavemen commercials around Buffalo next season...

http://www.csnphilly.com/06/29/11/Flyers-indecisive-on-Stamkos-offer/news_flyers.html?blockID=538247&feedID=695

What’s perplexing here is why it’s taking Yzerman so long to do what should be an easy deal to lock up Stamkos long-term as the club’s franchise player. Yzerman told the Tampa Tribune on Wednesday night that the two sides talked and would speak again on Friday but he did not elaborate beyond that.

One source, who spoke to Yzerman a while ago, said it might be because management is not convinced that Stamkos is worth the kind of dollars he’s seeking, even if he is a 50-goal scorer.

...just sayin'

Wow, what a shocker. Richards going to the Rangers. This was soooooooooo unexpected. :rolleyes:

One thing of note. Richards has thrived when he was one of the guys. He has never thrived when he was the guy. That's why I'm not sure the Rangers are a better team. He and Gaborik form a dynamite top line. Then you've got Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, and Boyle. All are nice players, but still, they aren't more than a bottom 6-8 seed in the Eastern Conference. Richards does not put them over the hump.

He's going to a very similar situation as he had in Dallas, only difference is that the ownership is stable.

Wow, what a shocker. Richards going to the Rangers. This was soooooooooo unexpected. :rolleyes:

One thing of note. Richards has thrived when he was one of the guys. He has never thrived when he was the guy. That's why I'm not sure the Rangers are a better team. He and Gaborik form a dynamite top line. Then you've got Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, and Boyle. All are nice players, but still, they aren't more than a bottom 6-8 seed in the Eastern Conference. Richards does not put them over the hump.

He's going to a very similar situation as he had in Dallas, only difference is that the ownership is stable.

He was a PPG guy in Dallas. I'd say he was thriving there.

I don't see the Rangers being anymore than a 6 seed this year though. They don't have the horses for more than that. Having said that, they'd be a dangerous 6 seed with Lundqvist, Gaborik, and Richards.

Archived