Free Agent Frenzy 2011

spndnchz

Boy Burkie sure is a genius...he gives Tim Connolly a raise for his awesome performances the last 2 years, and now Clarke McArthur gets 6.5 million dollars over two years! And did anyone really think we over-paid for top 2 d-men and a forward who has unlimited potential and has shown he shows up in the playoffs? Surprised Adam Mair hasn't got a big deal from the Laughs, I mean Leafs yet. Anyways, I love every move thus far, and know we will be adding a top-line centre before next season. We have more then enough trade-bait to accomplish that goal. Go Sabres Go!!!

Clarkie Mac signed a 2 year $6.5 million contract to stay in Toronto. Clarke MacArthur re-signs in Toronto

I always liked that guy. With Ennis and Gerbe pushing at the door, you knew he wasn't going to make it, but I always liked his effort, the way he played, and the fact he could score some goals. Good for him, so long as he doesn't have too much success against Buffalo.

Complete the analogy: Hurricanes : Kaberle ::

(a) Tornados : trailers

(b) jerkoffs : another jerkoff

© Carolina : Frantisek

(d) all of the above

(EDITED to make choice (a) nicer and more family-like.)

Complete Conjecture; Ed Jovanovski back to Florida. He will be sufficiently over paid to help them with their cap (floor) issues and was part of the classic Panthers teams that were, ya know, popular. He would also add veteran leadership to a team that is short on players, let alone veterans.

Not first but true, for Ehrhoff money.

Insane. Barely even a raise. Granted his age could be a factor but he was easily the best Dman available on July 1st.

Kaberle didn't energize the Boston PP one bit.

In 49 games as a Bruin (reg and playoff) he had ) 0 PPG and 9 PPA.

His value didn't exactly skyrocket.

Kaberle didn't energize the Boston PP one bit.

In 49 games as a Bruin (reg and playoff) he had ) 0 PPG and 9 PPA.

His value didn't exactly skyrocket.

Still the point of, he was easily the best available. WiZ was overpaid as were a lot of players would hit UFA. You would think a guy like Kaberle was worth $5mil to somebody.

Still the point of, he was easily the best available. WiZ was overpaid as were a lot of players would hit UFA. You would think a guy like Kaberle was worth $5mil to somebody.

Maybe on a 1 year deal, but you're not going to devote a cap hit like that for a long term to a 34 year old.

some long teeth.......35 and 36 years old.

Maybe they can add Ken Daneyko and get Larry Robinson to coach.

They're a very young team, so maybe it is a smart move. Backes may very well have been their veteran leader up to this point.

Settle down, Alice.

Your thin skinned brethren haven't done your profession any favors around these parts. Relax, settle in and start ripping off our threads for story ideas like the guys at the Buffalo News.

I am kidding, by the way.

Archived