Free Agent Frenzy 2011

spndnchz

Mixed feelings here. Glad Mancari is out of the Sabres mix but happy 4 him he's got a one-way contract now.

Doesn't that just mean that he will be paid $525k next year when he's sent to the AHL? Just because one has a one-way contract doesn't mean they'll actually see ice time in the NHL. Anyway, just my thought. Totally ambivalent about him leaving.

Doesn't that just mean that he will be paid $525k next year when he's sent to the AHL? Just because one has a one-way contract doesn't mean they'll actually see ice time in the NHL. Anyway, just my thought. Totally ambivalent about him leaving.

He'd have to clear waivers first.

And I did post numbers with Butlers contract and no one seems to care that slacker got 1.25 mil.... id rather give MAG that and he only played 15 games or w/e

I think that sounds about right for Butler.

wow caps trade varlamov... wonder if they have different plans or they are going with neuvirth?

I thought he was going to the KHL, who did they trade him to? Wash has Holtby as well who played great for them last year when both were hurt.

He was just last season's Mike Ryan.

Were this team still being run by the old regime it would open up a slot on the depth chart for a new kid w/ not quite enough talent for the NHL to get a handful of games in the NHL. But it looks like Mancari's slot has already been filled by Ales.

On an unrelated note - Varlamov to the Avs for a #1 pick in '12 and a #2 in either '12 or '13 (Caps choice).

wow caps trade varlamov... wonder if they have different plans or they are going with neuvirth?

Varlamov stated earlier in the week that he would not play for Washington anymore.

EDIT: This also blows up my ETHRON plus D plus something to Colorado for Stastny proposal.

Varlamov had told the Caps that he wouldn't come back to Washington per NHLN. Didn't catch where they said he thought he'd go if they didn't trade him.

I think that sounds about right for Butler.

I thought he was going to the KHL, who did they trade him to? Wash has Holtby as well who played great for them last year when both were hurt.

Avs get him for Capitals acquire a first round pick in 2012 and a second round pick in 2012 or 2013 from the Avalanche for Semyon Varlamov.

RealKyper Nick Kypreos

Hearing rumblings #NHL teams presenting to Brad Richards are pitching 12.8M max offer in years 1 and 2. Crazy money out there.

That's got to be Terry, right?

I hope not unless the contract really tales off and the cap hit is around 6-7...

also: TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Matt Keator, agent for Michal Handzus, sent email to all NHL GMs saying PHI media reports he signed in PHI erroneous. Very much a free agent

Handzus is still out there for you handzus lovers... i would prefer Belanger.

RealKyper Nick Kypreos

Hearing rumblings #NHL teams presenting to Brad Richards are pitching 12.8M max offer in years 1 and 2. Crazy money out there.

That's got to be Terry, right?

That does not seem surprising at all. I don't think the Sabres have gone in and presented yet. I think everyone is going to be offering that, and everyone's cap hit is going to be in the $6-7 million per year range in my opinion.

I'd still call out Kyper on this because how does he know unless he has asked some of the teams what they've offered as they walk out of Pat Morris's office, which I guess is possible, but I don't know. I've never thought Kyper was a great source.

That does not seem surprising at all. I don't think the Sabres have gone in and presented yet. I think everyone is going to be offering that, and everyone's cap hit is going to be in the $6-7 million per year range in my opinion.

I'd still call out Kyper on this because how does he know unless he has asked some of the teams what they've offered as they walk out of Pat Morris's office, which I guess is possible, but I don't know. I've never thought Kyper was a great source.

Like you said, I assume all of the teams will be offering about the same when it comes to money and term. So basically it comes down to where Richards wants to play.

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger

Talbot to the Flyers. Confirmed by Flyers.

TALBOT is gone.

5 yrs. $9M. I was hoping we would sign him.

I was starting to as well actually. He seemed like him and Cody could do some good on our 4th line

Everyone on twitter confirming Talbot to the Flyers. Talbot and Jagr substituting for Carter and Richards? I'm not sure what Holmgren was thinking.

5 years, $9 million.

Cap hit's only $1.8mil. Playing the front-load like everyone else.

Everyone on twitter confirming Talbot to the Flyers. Talbot and Jagr substituting for Carter and Richards? I'm not sure what Holmgren was thinking.

5 years, $9 million.

They did also get Voracek, Simmonds, and Schenn.

Archived