Off season ideas

thewookie1

Alright, Duds, I'll bite.

This weekend we're renting a pair of canoes and embarking on a two-day, one-night, 35-mile trip down the James River here in VA.

Mountain biking

Porchsitting

Join an ultimate (frisbee) rec league. Or kickball, softball, etc..... for that matter.

Get creative in lawnmowing patterns (pretend like it's the outfield at your favorite baseball stadium, haha)

Go backpacking for an overnight

Run a race with family/friends -- for those of you in UNY, http://www.boilermaker.com/ is a pretty cool one.

Train for a race!

Play some disc golf

+1

A whole lot of cornhole

Good stuff, indeed.

Lets add a nice competitive game of Croquet, even a dangerous element with those mallets and being able to launch an opponent's ball

Bocce! We used to play bocce from one side of campus to the other and back.

Also, Kanjam is a really good outdoor game for knocking back a few brews -- very popular (created in?) near Buffalo, too: http://www.kanjam.com/%5CGame%5CHowToPlay.aspx

This reminds me my Nephews turned me on to washers at last years Bills tailgate. Uses huge metal washer's throwing from about same distance as horseshoes into a wood box with a 3" wide 6" high piece of plastic pipe in the middle of box.

Oh and what about horseshoes

Bocce! We used to play bocce from one side of campus to the other and back.

Also, Kanjam is a really good outdoor game for knocking back a few brews -- very popular (created in?) near Buffalo, too: http://www.kanjam.com/%5CGame%5CHowToPlay.aspx

well that's a given, my family has a whole fun group over for a few bocce tournaments throughout the summer

Part 1

Hhhhm some off season idea's.... step away from the keyboard and

Send the family to a vocation.

Spend time outdoors with the kids at the local Hardware supply store (Where all the Hot water heaters are in bags)

Work on the mouse, lard or both.

Take up unicycling.

Sleep in a lobby.

Buy a Vet.

Join a sewing league for sweaters or scarves or both.

Pick up wishing wells.

Clean out the porridge.

Road trip to some family you have never met.

Coach your mother's summer rec league team.

Go on a fake family picnic with George Foreman grills, shag rugs and all.

Get outside whenever it's raining with a can.

Okay now everybody add some others that does not include being glued to your computer indoors and maybe we can all check back in september and check off what we've done.

Now its fixed, stupid quotation bars......

Alright, Duds, I'll bite.

This weekend we're renting a pair of shoes and embarking on a two-day, one-night, 35-inch trip down the James River here in VA.

Mounting a bike

Porchstanding

Join an ultimate (frisbee) rec league. Or punchball, hardball, etc..... for that anti-matter.

Get original in lawnmowing patterns (pretend like it's the parking lot at your favorite baseball stadium, haha)

Go frontpacking for an overnight

Run a race with complete strangers/enemies -- for those of you in UNY, http://www.boilermaker.com/ is a ugly hot one.

Plane for a race!

Play some risk golf (its golf, with land mines)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everyone, hope you're getting away from the keyboard like Duds suggested. Anyone got any good updates to this thread?

1. Rehashing the 1999 no- goal debate.

2. Checking hourly to see if TPegs has spent any more millions for the Sabres.

3. Drinking after work and staring at the calendar.

4. Playing hockey kanjam. One person flips a puck toward a bucket, and your teammate tries to knock it in with a hockey stick.

5. Wondering why we have gone 5 years without Drury, and some people feel it's still a relevant topic.

6. Pondering the outcome of the 1999 finals if Hull had twisted his ankle in the game 6 warmup.

7. Watching the Bills do little to improve.

8. Playing Words With Friends.

9. Listening to modern radio and wondering why millions of people deem certain songs/artists worthwhile.

10. Eating top shelf sundae and all American moose.

I'm still surprised no-one's picked him up, his a perfectly good performer and a clutch performer at that. Someone who's weak in the middle and needs a 3rd line C capable of filling in 2nd line roles due to injury could do alot worse.

At 34, it could be conceiveable that he has a couple years left. He had some great years for the Avs and Sabres.

The issue is, it was reported that he had some sort of degenerative knee condition. Has this magically disappeared? Were the reports incorrect?

He wouldnt even be able to play knee hockey, let alone ice hockey.

At 34, it could be conceiveable that he has a couple years left. He had some great years for the Avs and Sabres.

The issue is, it was reported that he had some sort of degenerative knee condition. Has this magically disappeared? Were the reports incorrect?

Minor nitpick, he'll be 35 once the season starts. That is just about the only positive for him right now though. Since he was still only 34 on June 30th, he's not past that magic line where he counts against the cap if he retires/gets demoted.

Minor nitpick, he'll be 35 once the season starts. That is just about the only positive for him right now though. Since he was still only 34 on June 30th, he's not past that magic line where he counts against the cap if he retires/gets demoted.

Knee cap or Salary cap?

Fair enuff, I didn't know that. His also not made any statements about his health from what I can tell (recently at least). Thats not going to help.

Archived