Postgame quote from Miller...

LabattBlue

"I don't think we've really shown our best game yet," the goaltender said. "We've had our moments, we've certainly been battling, but I don't think it's our best yet. We're certainly going to need it."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article395589.ece

They're 3 games into the series. When are we going to see the best they have to offer? :blink:

"I don't think we've really shown our best game yet," the goaltender said. "We've had our moments, we've certainly been battling, but I don't think it's our best yet. We're certainly going to need it."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article395589.ece

They're 3 games into the series. When are we going to see the best they have to offer? :blink:

If he had said something along the lines of, "Well, we've given them our best game, and they still beat us; we've had as many moments as we're going to have, and we've battled as hard as we can--I don't think this team can take it any further," would you be more angry or less angry with what he said?

If he had said something along the lines of, "Well, we've given them our best game, and they still beat us; we've had as many moments as we're going to have, and we've battled as hard as we can--I don't think this team can take it any further," would you be more angry or less angry with what he said?

Who said I was angry?

Who said I was angry?

Ok, in that case, would you still take issue with what he said? I mean, there's only so much the guy can do with a faceful of microphones. It's the same as some guy saying he's going to go out there and give 110%. It's mindless sports interview drivel. Nothing to read into it.

Ok, in that case, would you still take issue with what he said? I mean, there's only so much the guy can do with a faceful of microphones. It's the same as some guy saying he's going to go out there and give 110%. It's mindless sports interview drivel. Nothing to read into it.

See my response to SDS above.

There is a reason we haven't seen Buffalo's best game yet. Philly. They have successfully strangled the offense of this team. It is going to take a new tactic on Buffalo's part or a slip on Philly's part to see Buffalo's best game IMO.

I expect to see something different on the ice next game given how effectively Philly has shut off our offense. Time will tell if it works.

There is a reason we haven't seen Buffalo's best game yet. Philly. They have successfully strangled the offense of this team. It is going to take a new tactic on Buffalo's part or a slip on Philly's part to see Buffalo's best game IMO.

I expect to see something different on the ice next game given how effectively Philly has shut off our offense. Time will tell if it works.

We could start with having the forwards back up a little to help out the D. Time after time the forwards last night took off past the red line when the D still had the puck behind the net.

You can't see it on TV, it's too spread out for a TV camera. I remember Weber being like "Hey! Some help here".

You could look up ice and see he had nowhere to go with the puck. Like the forwards just thought the D could skate by 2 forecheckers and pass it to 'em.

We could start with having the forwards back up a little to help out the D. Time after time the forwards last night took off past the red line when the D still had the puck behind the net.

You can't see it on TV, it's too spread out for a TV camera. I remember Weber being like "Hey! Some help here".

You could look up ice and see he had nowhere to go with the puck. Like the forwards just thought the D could skate by 2 forecheckers and pass it to 'em.

I'm thinking even in the offensive zone. Philly's D has done a good job of keeping our forwards working from the perimeter and they've done a great job of cutting off our passes. I think a new O zone tactic is going to be needed if we are going to win this series.

I'm thinking even in the offensive zone. Philly's D has done a good job of keeping our forwards working from the perimeter and they've done a great job of cutting off our passes. I think a new O zone tactic is going to be needed if we are going to win this series.

I'm glad someone is at least saying the Sabres didn't show their best because of the other team. Philly's there for a reason, too.

I really don't think we should be reading into or over-analyzing Miller's remarks.

Michael Buble can try and sing like Sinatra......but he's still Michael Buble and Sinatra is still Sinatra.

We need to bring in Frank and Dean.....even if it is the Cannonball Run version.

I'm glad someone is at least saying the Sabres didn't show their best because of the other team. Philly's there for a reason, too.

I really don't think we should be reading into or over-analyzing Miller's remarks.

Philly is just a better team, top down. The Sabres have been giving an effort. They got carried away with the mucho macho man stuff in game 2, but I'd rather see them stand up like that than pretend it isn't happening.

They definitely haven't shown their best game yet, because they sure as hell aren't playing as good as they have the last two months. They're playing like they did in December when they were just starting to turn things around. That's not going to cut it in the playoffs. They better find their "A" game and fast.

I would like to just start seeing some shooting. Too many times I feel we fly down the ice and we go right to behind the net, or under the goal-line, I know it's possible, but it is very difficult to score from there. I'd like to see the point-men launching some slappers, and the forwards to get out front looking for the rebound. Especially when we're down by 1 with less than 4 minutes to play. If you think about the highlights from the 05/06 and 06/07 playoffs, Drury's "miracle goal" in the last 7 seconds was a rebound, and I'm pretty sure (not 100%) Fino's OT winner in that game was too. I remember a lot from Dumont and such just flying into the zone and taking slappers, we don't do that anymore.

'

Archived