No Booing At Home Tonight

CallawaySabres

Agreed ... let Philly be down on their home team when they're at home ... don't give in to the dark side.

But they have cookies! My link

I totally agree, though... does no good to boo our own guys. I'm sure Danny will get a few boos, but I hope that is all.

But they have cookies! My linkI totally agree, though... does no good to boo our own guys. I'm sure Danny will get a few boos, but I hope that is all.

a few? He'll get a boo everytime he touches the puck!

But no booing...I hate when the home team gets boo'd

(unless it helps Buffalo ;) )

It does not help and the team has made that clear....

If the Sabres are down 3-0 after the 1st period and were completely outplayed, what is the proper reaction as the period ends and they are skating off the ice...

1. Polite applause?

2. Just sit there numb?

3. Try not to think about how much the playoff tickets cost?

Sometimes a bronx cheer is a good wake-up call. ;)

if the Sabres come out flat tonight then by all means, go ahead and boo. from the effort they have shown so far, i do not believe that will be the case. but like chz mentioned elsewhere, let's get the building really rocking, starting from the pre-game. no one should leave the building tonight without having cheered their lungs out.

No spontaneous emotion at the game tonight. Please remain sitting on your hands at all times. Above all else be polite! Is this thread for real? :unsure:

Agreed. If they're blowing it hard I'd be booing. They should consider it constructive criticism.

a few? He'll get a boo everytime he touches the puck!

Players get boo'd if 1) they formerly played for us, 2) are the highest scorer on the opposing team, 3) are Zdeno Chara. Something I've always hated about our fans, it's so freaking predictable. Right up there with 'SHOOT' and '1,2,3,4,5.....we want 6!!!!'

Now that's off my chest, who am I to tell someone they can't boo a poor performance? Personally, I think it's cheese. But I admit that in the '07 ECF I boo'd out of sheer frustration. May not help the team, but it desperate times, it's better than punching the opposing fan sitting in front of me.

The Flyers' fans booed them near the end of Game 1 and a little when Buffalo came back and took the lead in Game 2. Every killed powerplay, I heard a little more. Kept thinking, "yes, that's it, get on your team."

It's one thing if they are flat and getting blown away. However, if it's a close game with some struggles, a strong chant is likely to be more effective than booing. If nothing else, give the strong chant a shot first; if it doesn't work, then consider booing.

Players get boo'd if 1) they formerly played for us, 2) are the highest scorer on the opposing team, 3) are Zdeno Chara. Something I've always hated about our fans, it's so freaking predictable. Right up there with 'SHOOT' and '1,2,3,4,5.....we want 6!!!!'

I wouldn't mind hearing some '1,2,3,4,5...we want 6!!!' cheers tonight.

It does not help and the team has made that clear....

I don't boo the home team. I might scream and yell at them, but that said - Who the hell cares what the team thinks or doesn't think of booing?

The way I see it, the team is in full control of whether or not they're getting booed.

Booing is not meant to "help", it's meant to convey a strong dislike of the current situation.

If the Sabres are down 3-0 after the 1st period and were completely outplayed, what is the proper reaction as the period ends and they are skating off the ice...

1. Polite applause?

2. Just sit there numb?

3. Try not to think about how much the playoff tickets cost?

Sometimes a bronx cheer is a good wake-up call. ;)

Not as good of a wake call as a nice WAVE or a couple of bars of Cotton-Eyed Joe :rolleyes:

Not really much booing last night on the Sabres play, alot of booing for the guys on the ice in the black and white stripped Flyers jerseys though.........

I refuse to boo Briere, the guy was literally begging for the front office to negotiate with him and they refused. He wanted to be here, I'll boo the guy who decided he was worth letting go and spending his time on "Mr. New York" who almost everyone and their grandmother knew he was going to be a Ranger......

Archived