No Booing At Home Tonight

CallawaySabres

Most embarrassing moment as a Sabres fan to listen to the moron fans who were in the arena last night booing. Booing when winning a playoff game 1-0???????????? What is wrong with some of these fans? Absolutely ridiculous.

I had my face in my hands on the power play too, but to boo them???? Something I would expect in Florida, Phoenix or Atlanta where the fans don't have a clue.

Brutal move people who participated in that last night, flat embarrassing.

Most embarrassing moment as a Sabres fan to listen to the moron fans who were in the arena last night booing. Booing when winning a playoff game 1-0???????????? What is wrong with some of these fans? Absolutely ridiculous.

I had my face in my hands on the power play too, but to boo them???? Something I would expect in Florida, Phoenix or Atlanta where the fans don't have a clue.

Obviously more people needed to seek my advice :)

Have to agree here...while that PP was beyond abysmal, I wouldn't be verbally expressing my feelings. I find it funny that anyone boos their home team during the playoffs when there are millions of fans of 15 specific teams who would be loving to boo their team during the playoffs right now.

Sorry, Phoenix/Winnipieg...make that millions of fans of 16 specific teams.

Have to agree here...while that PP was beyond abysmal, I wouldn't be verbally expressing my feelings. I find it funny that anyone boos their home team during the playoffs when there are millions of fans of 15 specific teams who would be loving to boo their team during the playoffs right now.

Right, because the NATURAL REACTION in a high-charged, emotional environment like a playoff hockey game and when your team looks like ass and is wasting an opportunity is to cheer them on: "Oh look, they're stinking up the ice - what a wasted opportunity - YAYAY! I LOVE YOU SABRES! GO! GO! GO! You screw up that 5 minute major gift from the Hockey Gods! YAY!" :wacko:

And like no one watching the game on TV was swearing up a storm at the play at that time. Everyone was happy and cheering and grateful to be in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

That booing would take place in any NHL arena during a PP that was as bad as the one last night. The only place where booing would not have occurred would be in the hockey markets where some fans don't know good hockey from bad hockey.

Even Lindy said he would have been booing!

Put your pom poms away, take off the rose colored glasses and call a spade a spade.

If it is OK and desired to have irrational exhuberance for a playoff team then it is just as OK to boo a playoff team that is playing lousy hockey. And those 5 minutes were truly lousy.

The playoffs are charged with emotion. Sometimes it is positive emotion (cheering over things that maybe aren''t cheer-worthy during the regular season like a routine save or zone clear) and sometimes it is negative emotion (booing a poor PP during an otherwise decent game). Bottom line is, the fans boo because they are emotionally invested. I'd rather have emotionally invested fans that boo occassionally than fans that aren't invested in the game and only cheer to fit in with the rest of the crowd. Cuz the latter fans are the ones that gave the arena the nickname of "library" around here.

winning 1-0 in the third period after playing their hearts out for almost 4 games in a row - totally unacceptable to boo during that PP...totally

...and season ticket holders are the ONLY people who should be called "die hard fans."

winning 1-0 in the third period after playing their hearts out for almost 4 games in a row - totally unacceptable to boo during that PP...totally

What did you do during that power play? I was home screaming my head off at the TV. Absolute worst man advantage that I can remember. What's the difference between booing and screaming a bunch of expletives?

Right, because the NATURAL REACTION in a high-charged, emotional environment like a playoff hockey game and when your team looks like ass and is wasting an opportunity is to cheer them on: "Oh look, they're stinking up the ice - what a wasted opportunity - YAYAY! I LOVE YOU SABRES! GO! GO! GO! You screw up that 5 minute major gift from the Hockey Gods! YAY!" :wacko:

And like no one watching the game on TV was swearing up a storm at the play at that time. Everyone was happy and cheering and grateful to be in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Settle down, sizzle. I wasn't trying to say we should all be blindly cheering for our team. My point is that I don't see the need to get my BP up over something like this - it's all a matter of perspective. Believe me...I was angry at the TV, too, but I'm not going to get myself irate over something like this.

Look at it this way - they killed 5 minutes off the clock and saved their energy for the 15-minute prevent defense. :thumbsup:

How dare the Canucks fans boo their team last night. Don't they know that booing only hurts the team? Hasn't their owner come out and lectured the media and fans about being positive? :rolleyes:

LOL

I was going to post something similar this morning but forgot.

How dare the Canucks fans boo their team last night. Don't they know that booing only hurts the team? Hasn't their owner Haven't the local sports media come out and lectured the media and berated the fans about not being positive? :rolleyes:

Fixed that for ya.

It does not help and the team has made that clear....

Really????? I booed damn hard after that five minute abortion of a powerplay!!!! Should we wipe theyre candy ass too for them????? Its a damn given right too cheer or boo as a paying ticketholder whenever a fan pleases too... Come on...When they play great cheer em on when they suck let know it...Thats why were called fans!!!!!

How dare the Canucks fans boo their team last night. Don't they know that booing only hurts the team? Hasn't their owner come out and lectured the media and fans about being positive? :rolleyes:

I thought about starting a thread about if Cory Schneider should start game 6 for the Canucks after the 10 million dollar man Luongo has been pulled the last two games.

Archived