Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

The question for the Sabres is Who's wants to be the hero? This is the type of game where legends and goats are born. Who wants the puck on their stick with the game on the line? Who wants to take that step towards being a Sabres legend? I looking towards Vanek. This is a game that he needs to be a dominate offensive force.

The bolded statement is dead on.

So who's it going to be? Who is going to step up and claim the right to lead this team into the playoffs?

I too, am looking directly at Thomas Vanek. The time for him to cement himself as the true on-ice leader and make this team his team has come. He needs the defining moment, and here he has it.

If any game were in a position to do this, it's this game.

Come on boys', step up and just get it done. No more horse-crappin around. Win this game.

Like many above, I cannot get my head into this day. I've got a lot to do before gametime and all I can think about is this game. It's quite debilitating.

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN Buffalo, please win.

No sleep tell me about it the wife kept asking why I was getting up ever 30 min. I've got no finger nails left so got to find something to kill the time today lol... GO SABRES

I just looked at my hand and it looks like I bit on three of them last night. Don't remember doing that though. Time to shave, the growth will be coming off today.

There's only one player on this team capable of rising to the next level and folklore status.....Nathan Gerbe. I've seen enough from the rest of them to know better.

If the Sabres do something big, look for Gerbe to be on the scoresheet, and humping legs.

Let's add Ennis. He was good last night, and then we get the humping chihuahuas(sp?) which is both good imagery and karma.

There's only one player on this team capable of rising to the next level and folklore status.....Nathan Gerbe. I've seen enough from the rest of them to know better.

If the Sabres do something big, look for Gerbe to be on the scoresheet, and humping legs.

I hate to agree with this statement.................. but I do. :blush:

Gerbe has shown flashes of being able to take parts of games over when it's needed. Like you said, I haven't seen that out of anyone else.

I agree. The rest are who they are.

Let's add Ennis. He was good last night, and then we get the humping chihuahuas(sp?) which is both good imagery and karma.

Ennis has reverted back to his early season max-like ways.

Unfortunately, I see this game being a bucket of cold reality dumped on many fans heads.

Unfortunately, I see this game being a bucket of cold reality dumped on many fans heads.

Perhaps, but given where they were in December, at least the game is still meaningful.

I don't think the Max comparison is right. Not the same type of constant brutal turnovers, and much higher effort. I like him, but as a rookie he will have his ups and downs.

I don't think the Max comparison is right. Not the same type of constant brutal turnovers, and much higher effort. I like him, but as a rookie he will have his ups and downs.

It seems as though Ennis has hit the wall. He's been pretty much non-existent for a week or so it seems. Thank goodness others have picked it up.

I think the comparision is dead on. For some reason, instead of working the puck deep and trying to make a pass from along the boards, he's been crossing the blue line and immediately trying to cut to the center of the ice, getting his pocket picked in the process (just like Max). At least when Gerbe loses the puck, it's behind the net or in the corner, where there is more opportunity to recover it in their zone.

I think the comparision is dead on. For some reason, instead of working the puck deep and trying to make a pass from along the boards, he's been crossing the blue line and immediately trying to cut to the center of the ice, getting his pocket picked in the process (just like Max). At least when Gerbe loses the puck, it's behind the net or in the corner, where there is more opportunity to recover it in their zone.

I understand the "comparison--" fair enough. I just don't think he is another Max.

We don't have many Nova Scotians on this board. Are you a WNY transplant? If not, how does someone from Nova Scotia get interested in the Sabras.

I was born and raised in Nova Scotia. When I was 8 years old I heard Rick on the radio and was hooked. From that point on I listen to almost every game the sabres played. Then when I moved out on my own I got center ice and I have not missed a game since. Believe it or not there is a lot of Sabres fans around this part when ever I wear my Sabres hat I get stopped by people to talk sabres all the time. Now I have 2 boys and there both big time sabres fans.

I was born and raised in Nova Scotia. When I was 8 years old I heard Rick on the radio and was hooked. From that point on I listen to almost every game the sabres played. Then when I moved out on my own I got center ice and I have not missed a game since. Believe it or not there is a lot of Sabres fans around this part when ever I wear my Sabres hat I get stopped by people to talk sabres all the time. Now I have 2 boys and there both big time sabres fans.

:thumbsup:

That's Sabres 7th man award material right there. :thumbsup:

This might as well be a game 7 in the playoffs. It's that huge. A loss today could end it all. A win today could be gasoline on a fire. Holy cow is this heavy.

It feels more like a Game 6 when you're up 3-2. A win clinches it; a loss, and it's a free for all.

Archived