If you had to give up either Stafford or Ennis in a trade

nfreeman

Which one would you let go?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Suppose the chatter is true and the Sabres have a shot at Stastny or Richards, and suppose the price is a package that includes either Stafford or Ennis (otherwise the package is identical). Who would you trade, and who would you keep?

• Keep Stafford, trade Ennis
    • Keep Ennis, trade Stafford

It's likely I'm kidding myself, but hey! The portly gent from the Ottawa Citizen who called Malkin being traded to the Kings couldn't be wrong, could he?

As for the poll question: I'm having a hard time figuring out where I stand on this one. Ennis has better speed, puckhandling and hockey IQ, while Stafford has much more size, a better shot and better finish.

I think I would hold on to Staff but I believe he's finally arrived for real. My only reservation about Ennis is that he'll go Max on us in the future.

I think either Stasny or Richards would be s significant impact. Richards obviously is here and now with possibly less future and possible down slide coming soon. But he's a leader we could sure plug that hole with. Stasny is younger and not as productive but younger. I still would like to get Parise somehow banking on him recovering from his busted knee.

As far as I'm concerned ennis is the only one on this team that i would consider untradable. The kid is a star in the making and i think that stafford is the ouch better trade option. He will never be hotter and never be worth as much so i say move him along with jochen and connolly. I guess i can't say that i would never trade tennis though because if we got someone of the caliber of malkin then how could you pass that up

It's likely I'm kidding myself, but hey! The portly gent from the Ottawa Citizen who called Malkin being traded to the Kings couldn't be wrong, could he?

As for the poll question: I'm having a hard time figuring out where I stand on this one. Ennis has better speed, puckhandling and hockey IQ, while Stafford has much more size, a better shot and better finish.

Ennis could possibly be another Briere.I would trade Stafford.Close one though.

Definitely Stafford should be the one traded first. I would trade both if need be. Since the questions to chose one, it would be Stafford. I've seen all I need to of Stafford.

I'm pretty open to trading either one depending on the package that comes back in return. For a guy like Parise, I'd rather trade Ennis than Stafford. I genuinely believe there is something to previous chemistry and playing with a good friend as Parise and Stafford have played together in both college and high school together and are very good friends.

If it's for Stastny, I'd be open to trading either Stafford or Ennis.

For a guy like Richards, I'd be willing to trade Stafford.

My sense is that if the Sabres are getting more of a playmaker in return, I'd trade Ennis as I don't want to lose any more goal scoring and giving the Sabres two playmakers with no finishers. If the Sabres are getting more of a goal scorer in return, I'd be more willing to part with Stafford if that player can return more goals than what Stafford gets. That's kind of my thought. Generally, I think the return would be higher for Ennis as this is his rookie year and Stafford has shown too much inconsistency to get a bigger return to this point in his career, so I would choose Ennis. But, I'm open to trading either one if the return is right. Either way, I think for a big return it would have to include one of Stafford or Ennis and a first round pick.

Huh? You mean the Max who had one above average statistical season and then disappeared into obscurity?

I think that was his point.

Anyway, I think Ennis could develop into something great. Give him a little more direction, especially in the offensive end and we might see major results. He's young enough

Has to be Stafford, this team has been center poor and weak down the middle for far too long.

Look at the top teams in the league and last several Stanley cup winners and what they have for center and I see for the offensive side it starts there.

I do think we have a pretty good core now at defense with a bit more seasoning.

I think that was his point.

Anyway, I think Ennis could develop into something great. Give him a little more direction, especially in the offensive end and we might see major results. He's young enough

You mean give him linemates that can keep up.

The problem I notice with Ennis game after game is when he does carry the puck into the offensive zone, the Center (Usually Conolly, sometimes others) aren't fast enough to jump into the play and streak up the middle providing an outlet for Ennis to dish the puck to.

If you notice on alot of rushes with Ennis and Stafford, that Center is always absent. It really is a waste, the kid has great talents with skating and his hands.

You mean give him linemates that can keep up.

The problem I notice with Ennis game after game is when he does carry the puck into the offensive zone, the Center (Usually Conolly, sometimes others) aren't fast enough to jump into the play and streak up the middle providing an outlet for Ennis to dish the puck to.

If you notice on alot of rushes with Ennis and Stafford, that Center is always absent. It really is a waste, the kid has great talents with skating and his hands.

I couldn't agree more.

Tough call. Ennis has way more to offer in terms of creativity, vision, puck skills and potential. But Stafford is one of two guys on the team that can regularly finish scoring chances. Hard to imagine this team scoring much if Stafford wasn't replaced with someone equal or better at just scoring goals.

This isn't one of those "package up your junk" deals, is it? Not that Stafford and Ennis are garbage, but they're virtual unknowns outside of Buffalo.

Ennis and Stafford are far from virtual unkowns around NHL circles. Both were 1st round draft picks and both have shown some production capabilities.

Stafford is very well known in the NHL and is currently leading the NHL in hat tricks this season.

Ennis is known as a playmakers dream around the NHL in so far as his potential.

All of the other NHL fan bases are well aware of who Stafford and Ennis are.

That being said, I cannot see Buffalo moving Ennis, they are short on LWer's. Stafford would be the more appropriate player to move given his goal production of late and the Sabres organization RW depth up coming. At some point and time Kassian is going to come into play on the RW in Buffalo.

Ennis and Stafford are far from virtual unkowns around NHL circles. Both were 1st round draft picks and both have shown some production capabilities.

Stafford is very well known in the NHL and is currently leading the NHL in hat tricks this season.

Ennis is known as a playmakers dream around the NHL in so far as his potential.

All of the other NHL fan bases are well aware of who Stafford and Ennis are.

That being said, I cannot see Buffalo moving Ennis, they are short on LWer's. Stafford would be the more appropriate player to move given his goal production of late and the Sabres organization RW depth up coming. At some point and time Kassian is going to come into play on the RW in Buffalo.

Would depend on what kind of fan we're talking about. Sure, there's a small minority that knows every player. I guarantee you that 90+% of the fans in Reunion Arena for a given Stars game would not know either one of them. Nor would we know an obscure Stars prospect.

Archived