Sabres to target Malkin?

Two or less

This is very ridiculous. Very. No sources...complete rhetoric. However, it should be noted that Jason Pominville and Pascal Dupuis are best friends. On the other hand, we also know Lindy's history with Russian born hockey players. Can we wait until the draft/free agency before we start with the nonsensical hyperbole?

Welcome to the board!

Did you join the board just to say that? It was established from the initial post that this was less than a rumor. People usually wait a day or two after joining before they start criticizing the rest of the members.

I too have heard this discussion on fan 590 this morning.

And it wasn't Adam either.

The hosts specifically stated that Pittsburg is interested in Pomminstein, Kassian, McNabb and either the 1st round pick or a couple of 2nd round picks.

Just FYI.....

It was stated this morning on fan 590 and it was a "leak" reportedly, from an early morning Pittsburg show that they were quoting.

The hosts specifically stated that Pittsburg is interested in Pomminstein, Kassian, McNabb and either the 1st round pick or a couple of 2nd round picks.

Just FYI.....

It was stated this morning on fan 590 and it was a "leak" reportedly, from an early morning Pittsburg show that they were quoting.

well that would just be ridiculous. hate to say it about somebody but good thing he got hurt to put all this nonsense to rest

well that would just be ridiculous. hate to say it about somebody but good thing he got hurt to put all this nonsense to rest

Don't shoot the messenger's.

We can only state what we heard. But yes, they were speaking on it this morning.

Of course, they were also stating that Versteeg will become a 30 goal scorer as well.

Why not allow yourself to think they can or will. There are posters on this board that think 8th place is some sort of Holy Grail. After all, isn't all the excitement surrounding new ownership about expanding the possibilities in regards to the roster? Players like Malkin don't become available too often if he does at all. Is there any reason the Sabres shouldn't be first in line? Last off-season quality players were available and the Sabres stood on the sidelines and watched their competition get better.

They should absolutely be first in line if and when a guy like him becomes available. It doesn't happen often, but every now and then someone of that stature goes on the market -- like Pronger before last season. I just don't think Pittsburgh would trade him.

Just FYI.....

I hate myself for even responding to this "trade possibility" but I would make that trade in a heartbeat, as would anyone with a functioning brain.

Just for fun, mainly for the haters. From Sabres blogger Garth at Hockeybuzz-

I spoke with a source earlier tonight. He says connolly and Luke Adam to Edmonton for Dustin Penner. I'd do it. You?

So.... after Malkin and Penner deals- next years team

Ennis - Malkin - Penner

Vanek - Roy - Stafford

Gerbe - Hecht - Foligno

McCormick - Goose - Kaleta

B-)

They should absolutely be first in line if and when a guy like him becomes available. It doesn't happen often, but every now and then someone of that stature goes on the market -- like Pronger before last season. I just don't think Pittsburgh would trade him.

I hate myself for even responding to this "trade possibility" but I would make that trade in a heartbeat, as would anyone with a functioning brain.

I doubt it as well.

This ownership change is about 100% hope. Hope that the Sabres return to being relevant in the league when it comes to trades and free agency. Just the idea that a Terry Pegula might be the type of owner to look at a Malkin and tell his GM "get me that player." Time will tell if that is true. Let's face it, there is no other reason to be excited about this team right now.

Just for fun, mainly for the haters. From Sabres blogger Garth at Hockeybuzz-

So.... after Malkin and Penner deals- next years team

Ennis - Malkin - Penner

Vanek - Roy - Stafford

Gerbe - Hecht - Foligno

McCormick - Goose - Kaleta

B-)

I'd switch Vanek and Ennis. You need to pair your top goal scorer with Malkin who is a hell of a play maker. With Penner, that gives a top line that averages 6'3". Some big bodies to wear down a defense.

Welcome to the board!

Did you join the board just to say that? It was established from the initial post that this was less than a rumor. People usually wait a day or two after joining before they start criticizing the rest of the members.

My apologies for having an opinion. I had no idea I had to be a member longer than a day to contribute. But thanks for the clarification. Now, you can go back to your mother's basement so you can scan hockey message boards where folks are actually discussing hockey so you can complain. Shut up.

My apologies for having an opinion. I had no idea I had to be a member longer than a day to contribute. But thanks for the clarification. Now, you can go back to your mother's basement so you can scan hockey message boards where folks are actually discussing hockey so you can complain. Shut up.

A reminder that there is no minimum age requirement for posters. Thanks for stopping by. It must have tough to tear yourself away from Hanna Montana to grace us all with your presence.

Welcome back x ray and the other 15 names you've been banned under! What's the over/under on the next banning?

I doubt it as well.

This ownership change is about 100% hope. Hope that the Sabres return to being relevant in the league when it comes to trades and free agency. Just the idea that a Terry Pegula might be the type of owner to look at a Malkin and tell his GM "get me that player." Time will tell if that is true. Let's face it, there is no other reason to be excited about this team right now.

Did you not find last night's game exciting? I did.

I think this team can make a run and get into the playoffs, and I think they can beat anyone other than Pittsburgh and Philly in the first round. I'm excited about that.

Welcome to the board, but please communicate in a respectful manner. People don't behave like this here.

Did you not find last night's game exciting? I did.

I think this team can make a run and get into the playoffs, and I think they can beat anyone other than Pittsburgh and Philly in the first round. I'm excited about that.

Welcome to the board, but please communicate in a respectful manner. People don't behave like this here.

There are spots here and there that have been enjoyable. I was thinking more of the season as a whole. Though I am not surprised the Sabres find themselves on the outside looking in to the playoffs I am still greatly disappointed. I gauge the teams success by what I perceive to be the distance between where they stand right now as a franchise and being a Stanley Cup Champion. Despite regular season point totals, I really don't see them as anymore of a contender than the Panthers, Leafs, Islanders and Devils.

Sad news about Malkin. I love the NHL and it sucks when one of the most talented players in the league gets put on the shelf.

Archived