Sabres to target Malkin?

Two or less

Did you not find last night's game exciting? I did.

I think this team can make a run and get into the playoffs, and I think they can beat anyone other than Pittsburgh and Philly in the first round. I'm excited about that.

Welcome to the board, but please communicate in a respectful manner. People don't behave like this here.

Just my opinion but I don't think this team has a hope in hell of beating that Boston team in a seven game series as the rosters stand now. I can go through every category in the make up of both teams and the B's are ahead in every one.

Coming out of Pittsburg, doesn't look like this injury is good.

Pitt is stating it may be career ending, doesn't look good for rehab possibilities.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=551737

Is anyone else thinking that Pittsburgh might be a real good landing spot for Tim Connolly at the deadline? They are down 3 centers now and we have one we don't want.

Is anyone else thinking that Pittsburgh might be a real good landing spot for Tim Connolly at the deadline? They are down 3 centers now and we have one we don't want.

It'd be nice, but I doubt a softie like TC would fit the rugged style of play that the Pens are looking for. Come to think of it, it is hard to think of a team that'd want a $4.5 million disinterested drifter like Timmy!

It'd be nice, but I doubt a softie like TC would fit the rugged style of play that the Pens are looking for. Come to think of it, it is hard to think of a team that'd want a $4.5 million disinterested drifter like Timmy!

They have a dire need for a short term center and Connolly fits that bill nicely. They will be paying a pro-rated amount of his contract and it is up at the end of the season. And he won't have to be physical because the rest of the team already is.

I think it would be just about ideal for all parties. They need a center to get them through the season. I don't know anything about the prospects in their system but I would think that a late 1st round pick isn't out of line to a team that needs a scoring center badly. It's not like there are going to be many 50+ pt centers that will be available at the deadline for Pitt to pick from.

I guess the only fly in the ointment is Pittsbugh's cap situation. But if Malkin is moved to LTIR there should be room for Connolly's salary.

I thought this thread was going to be about a Sabre taking a run at Malkin to put him out of the game.

I am disappointed.

lol glad I'm not the only one! I figured it had moved back up the list after he actually did get hurt last night.

My apologies for having an opinion. I had no idea I had to be a member longer than a day to contribute. But thanks for the clarification. Now, you can go back to your mother's basement so you can scan hockey message boards where folks are actually discussing hockey so you can complain. Shut up.

Welcome to the board Tom Golisano!

Archived