Sabres line up for next season

inkman

While we suffer through the doldrums of this miserable season, I figured why not have a little fun and see what next season could look like.

Vanek(7.1)-Richards(7.0)-Kassian(1.0)

Ennis(.875)-Parise(7.0)-Stafford(2.5)

Pominville(5.3)-Roy(4.0)-Foligno(.875)

McCormick(.875)-Gaustad(2.3)-Kaleta(.9)

Myers(1.3)-Sekera(1.0)

Weber(.5)-Leopold(3.0)

Morrisonn(2.0)-Montador(2.5)

Extras: Adam(.6), Conboy(.5)idk??

I tried to be as realistic as possible. Signing Brad Richards, poaching Zach Parise, sending Hecht down to Portland, and letting Connolly, Grier, Neidermeyer, Rivet, and Gerbe walk. Re-signing Stafford, Montador, McCormick, Sekera, Weber.

I might be off with some of the contracts, as I don't know what these guys will re-sign for, but I tried to be reasonable.

The team should fit under the cap as this roster is apprx $52 mil.

Most of that lineup is plausible (if unlikely), but there is no way Hecht is sent to Portland at his salary. He'll be on the Sabres roster if he can't be traded.

And I doubt both Kassian and Foligno make the squad out of training camp.

While we suffer through the doldrums of this miserable season, I figured why not have a little fun and see what next season could look like.

Myers(1.3)-Sekera(1.0)

Weber(.5)-Leopold(3.0)

I tried to be as realistic as possible. Signing Brad Richards, poaching Zach Parise, sending Hecht down to Portland, and letting Connolly, Grier, Neidermeyer, Rivet, and Gerbe walk. Re-signing Stafford, Montador, McCormick, Sekera, Weber.

I might be off with some of the contracts, as I don't know what these guys will re-sign for, but I tried to be reasonable.

I like the look of that team, Who's your back-up?

Myers(1.3)-Sekera(1.0)

Weber(.5)-Leopold(3.0)

Hmmm....

So good, they don't need a goalie (and backup)?

#1 centers are supposed to be playmakers, not tone setters for physical play although if you can find one that does both, that would be a bonus.

Is Brad Richards a $7 mil play maker? 479 assists in 744 games? At age 30 I would spend my money a little more wisely. I would rather pay $7 mil to Mike Richards.

Is Brad Richards a $7 mil play maker? 479 assists in 744 games? At age 30 I would spend my money a little more wisely. I would rather pay $7 mil to Mike Richards.

I'd prefer mike Richards as well. I just threw $7 mil out there as he is making 7.5 this season. Any better centers would have to be acquired via trade or RFA.

$7 mil for his production, lack of physical play and age? No thank you.

Why don't you have a little fun with it and put your own roster together? The spirit of this thread was supposed to be filled with hope and promise not criticism and surliness.

Myers(1.3)-Sekera(1.0)

Weber(.5)-Leopold(3.0)

Zach Parise will never join the Sabres.

Period.

I like your team, but I think Luke Adam has a WAY better chance of being on the team next year than Marcus Foligno. Also, how are you getting Zach Parise out of New Jersey? He's a legit superstar.

(Also, I don't think $7M/season for Richards is nuts at all considering that you always have to overpay for a free agent.)

Myers(1.3)-Sekera(1.0)

Weber(.5)-Leopold(3.0)

This would be a really, really nice line up. There aren't too many attractive UFAs this year which really tempers my enthusiasm for the Pegula purchase of the team which begs the assumption of the purse strings being loosened. It's nice to dream of this best case scenario.

I like your team, but I think Luke Adam has a WAY better chance of being on the team next year than Marcus Foligno. Also, how are you getting Zach Parise out of New Jersey? He's a legit superstar.

(Also, I don't think $7M/season for Richards is nuts at all considering that you always have to overpay for a free agent.)

The Force is with Luke :thumbsup:

The Devils have $50,275,832 committed to 9 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 1 goalie for next year. If someone throws an offer sheet at Parise, they are screwed.

You are gonna have to compesate Jersey for that signing. Is he worth your next four 1st round draft picks too?

Archived