Calling all speech writers... Pen Terry P's 1st words to Buffalo...

SDS

The most important thing to me is to keep this team competitive. We Will become an ELITE NHL TEAM. I don't plan on winning a stanley cup. I plan on winning many STANLEY CUPS. This Team will be looked at and respected by other teams in the league. I want us to be the detroit red wings of the East. We will draft well. We'll cut the dead weight and bring in players that want to be here and make a difference. I will do everything in my power to see this happen. Failure is not an option.

I know. It's been almost ten years.

I would take Clinton in a heartbeat these days. At least he was smart enough to play ball and could fake interest in the other side of things.

I love how we had the phone call to Vick this week. Yeah...Reagan would have called him too. He'd tell him if he ever saw him he'd tie him to one of the horses on his ranch and yell "Gidde'up!"

The most important thing to me is to keep this team competitive. We Will become an ELITE NHL TEAM. I don't plan on winning a stanley cup. I plan on winning many STANLEY CUPS. This Team will be looked at and respected by other teams in the league. I want us to be the detroit red wings of the East. We will draft well. We'll cut the dead weight and bring in players that want to be here and make a difference. I will do everything in my power to see this happen. Failure is not an option.

So to start this process I am announcing that Larry Quinn will be stepping down, Darcy and Lindy will be given till the end of the season to show progress. We will also be hiring a scouting staff and creating a new Buffalo sports television network.

So to start this process I am announcing that Larry Quinn will be stepping down, Darcy and Lindy will be given till the end of the season to show progress. We will also be hiring a scouting staff and creating a new Buffalo sports television network.

The part about Darcy AND lindsy being given till the end of the year to show progress really choked me up. As one esteemed poster on the board is known to say " I threw up a little in my mouth". 11,12, hell lets give them 13 years to show progress. Kick their sorry a$$es to the curb immediately. Change the culture and attitude of this team as fast as you possibly can. That has to start at the top. in my opinion

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

He's going to steal Larry Quinn's speech?

"STATUS QUO IS DEAD!"

Citizens of Buffalo, OUR patience is exhausted. The time has come to seriously contend for a Stanley Cup and a Superbowl. Effective immediate we will no longer pretend to compete for the best players, we will have the best players. We will serve notice that it is not acceptable that Dallas, Tampa Bay, Colorado and Carolina have all won Cups before our beloved Sabres have. And no matter what the NHL says, the circumstances that lead up to and allowed "No Goal" to stand will never again be allowed to tarnish this great game.

Oh and Ralph and I are talking..

Archived