Terry Pegula buying the Buffalo Sabres discussion

\GoBillsInDallas/

Nice try Bucky.

Earlier this week, he reported (my emphasis added in italics):

"The Buffalo News has learned that the former Western New York resident and longtime Sabres fan traveled to Manhattan on Tuesday night, presumably to sign a letter of intent to purchase the franchise from Rochester billionaire Tom Golisano and possibly meet with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.

A source said he later traveled to New York and was expected to meet with league officials Tuesday night or early Wednesday. NHL offices are located in midtown Manhattan.

The league in the past has held important meetings in the late evening, when employees are gone for the day. It was not clear Tuesday night whether Pegula was gathering with NHL officials Tuesday evening or Wednesday.

Pegula was believed to have signed, or will sign Wednesday, a deal that would give him the franchise for an undisclosed amount."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article270207.ece

Today, he wrote:

"Terry Pegula traveled to New York City last week, as The News reported, but his visit to Manhattan had nothing to do with meeting NHL officials, as was speculated.

He and his wife, Kim, were in town to see singer Sarah Darling perform at Carnegie Hall. Darling has a contract with his Black River Music Group, a label for country singers based in Nashville."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/inside-the-nhl/article274655.ece

Who speculated, Bucky? You did. The News did.

In a week that was dedicated to the integrity and accuracy of Jim Kelley's master reporting, this was, as usual, terrible sports reporting by the News. It wouldn't be tolerated in any other section of the paper.

You know what's sad? I went looking for a fair, objective, real-world article about "fracking" that could be a nice starting point for a logical, cool-headed discussion, then quickly realized I (we) have no one to trust. Who's my source going to be? Government? Business? Journalists? There's just about zero trust in any of those institutions anymore, if there ever was, frankly.

To me, this is great news. The "silence" got me worried but many said, even on this board, it quiets down when the lawyers get involved. Also, with Pegula going to the meetings, it's obvious that Ken Campbell really knows his sources well in his original report and in the Hockey News report, he said Pegula was going to the meetings with a deal almost finalized. I think some people were feeding some people the wrong info but whom ever Campbell has talked to, must be VERY close to the situation.

"expected" to attend. Would b gr8, but no mention on NHL.com site yet.

This bit from TSN

Also expected to surface in general discussions is the potential sale or non-sale of the Buffalo Sabres

I wonder if "expected to attend" is from the original Hockey News article...

Nothing in the nhl.com article on the meetings about Pegula:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=545518

I'll getting a litte ticked off with the horrendous reporting surrounding this story. Enough to begin to worry if anything about the story has been reported accurately.

He just happens to be in NY at just the right time so people assume he's meeting with the NHL. Then he just happens to be in Florida when the meetings are being held down there, so people just assume he's there to meet with the league. Who really cares that he lives in Florida, it can't be a coincidence.

"He and his wife, Kim, were in town to see singer Sarah Darling perform at Carnegie Hall. Darling has a contract with his Black River Music Group, a label for country singers based in Nashville."

Any relation to Ted Darling?

Wikileaks - Golisano says he'll sell to Pegula if Paychex takes over the fracking payroll.

You seem very interested in fracking. Why don't you come down to Pennsylvania and I'll show you how we frack in the woods. Really, it's simple. You drill really deep, make a neat sideways move, flood the hole and pull out -- the payoff is gas being released.

You seem very interested in fracking. Why don't you come down to Pennsylvania and I'll show you how we frack in the woods. Really, it's simple. You drill really deep, make a neat sideways move, flood the hole and pull out -- the payoff is gas being released.

Theres something i need to tell you...Im Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC and were doing a story on..........

Archived