Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

In the future the announcers should refer to the Saber’s power play as a the “PP” .That would be a more accurate description of what is actually going on. It will also be interesting to see how many of his own players Tyler will try to kill tonight on the “PP”.

Harrington is guessing that Enroth is starting. He's taking all the shots at one end of the rink, while LaLime and Miller trading off at the other end. (wow that sounds bad especially after Connolly's reach around gaff)

Enroth is a .890???? goalie in the the ahl with a 3.00+? gaa. You would have to be drunk to start him over La Lime, but then again these are the Sabres. Lindy and Darcy are in charge. No chance tonight if they start him.

Yeah I don't think there's any way that the Sabres could make up the 2 points separating them from 8th place over the next 60 games.

Hey, I'll be happy with the 8 spot this year. Teams like Tampa are not going away any time soon and I have a bad feeling about Miller and the amount of games he is going to miss this year.What I said was the 2 points from 8th looks like their most legit chance...

Wow, can we please take the C from him already??

Seriously, get this done. I think your only 3 options are Gaustad, Roy or Vanek. Although Roy is playing well, not sure he is C material. Vanek needs to concentrate on the goals as he gets thrown off his game too easily so that leaves the Goose. It looks like these past two games have been his best of the year so it would be perfect to hand it over to him and let him run with it...OK, so who do I call?

Enroth is a .890???? goalie in the the ahl with a 3.00+? gaa. You would have to be drunk to start him over La Lime, but then again these are the Sabres. Lindy and Darcy are in charge. No chance tonight if they start him.

Enroth wins more than Lalime. Small sample, yes. They owe it to the team and to the fans to see what Enroth can do. They have absolutely nothing to lose. Not when the other guy has nine wins in three seasons.

Well I do not have a good feeling about tonight. Built in excuse available with all the line up changes.

Unfortunately behind enemy lines and when I do want to see entertaining hockey I watch the local team here. Fully expect to see this done to either Enroth or Lalime.

My linky

I have to admit I would love for us to have one player with half as much skill.

Please, please, please show up tonight Bflo so I do not have to take crap from my hockey co-workers.

Well I do not have a good feeling about tonight. Built in excuse available with all the line up changes.

Unfortunately behind enemy lines and when I do want to see entertaining hockey I watch the local team here. Fully expect to see this done to either Enroth or Lalime.

My linky

I have to admit I would love for us to have one player with half as much skill.

Please, please, please show up tonight Bflo so I do not have to take crap from my hockey co-workers.

I have to put that on a loop on the bedroom TV brb.

Rivet scratched in favor of Weber per Vogl:

http://blogs.buffalo...for-sabres.html

So Weber is now getting a shot over Butler too, right? None of the other defensemen is injured?

Myers-Reggie

Monty-Leopold

Morrisonn-Weber

I expect some iffy moments out of that 3rd pairing, but I also expect a fair amount of toughness and hitting.

So Weber is now getting a shot over Butler too, right? None of the other defensemen is injured?

Myers-Reggie

Monty-Leopold

Morrisonn-Weber

I expect some iffy moments out of that 3rd pairing, but I also expect a fair amount of toughness and hitting.

Yeah, I guess so -- he doesn't mention Butler but since we haven't heard of any other injuries to the D I'd assume you are correct. The link updated since my original post to include the info on Enroth. Morrisonn and Weber is an interesting option... they are both stay-at-home types, but perhaps that is what the doctor ordered with Miller out.

Yeah, I guess so -- he doesn't mention Butler but since we haven't heard of any other injuries to the D I'd assume you are correct. The link updated since my original post to include the info on Enroth. Morrisonn and Weber is an interesting option... they are both stay-at-home types, but perhaps that is what the doctor ordered with Miller out.

I would agree, IF "stay-at-home" meant "reliably clear the defensive zone and just not contribute much on offense," but I'm not sure that's what it means in this case -- both of those guys are prone to bad giveaways and being caught out of position in the defensive zone.

Still, both of those flaws may be correctable with experience, and both of these guys will contribute more toughness and hitting than both Rivet and Butler, so I'm willing to give it a shot for the 10-12 minutes that they will probably get.