Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Not a fan of the boos. Remember when Pommers had the highest shooting % on the team? Whatever happened to that guy??

Not a fan of the boos, huh? What's the problem? Were they not loud enough? They weren't for me. Even with Miller in net they would have had to score at least one goal to win. This team is not very good and those 2 points they need to get to make the playoffs are not going to be easy to get.

Not a fan of the boos, huh? What's the problem? Were they not loud enough? They weren't for me. Even with Miller in net they would have had to score at least one goal to win. This team is not very good and those 2 points they need to get to make the playoffs are not going to be easy to get.

I totally agree and the lack of scoring is maddening, but it was also a night where the lines changed constantly and Roy was out a good part of the game. Adam on the power play was a bit of a headscratcher.

Injuries cannot be an excuse as the players called up are an upgrade over Connolly, Nieds and Stafford. The problem STILL lies in the fact that no matter how well these guys play, they don't have any closers (unless it is Vanek every so often.) The chances are there but these guys are either missing the net all together or making it simple for the opposing goalie.

Well, scoreboard watching should be easy from here on out as we just have to monitor who is in that 8 spot. Hopefully Ottawa loses tonight and this team can start again on Friday.....

that's how they appear on the jersey, it becomes a habit lol. but at the same time it (probably unintentionally) serves the same purpose as "tags" -- you know who the post is about before you can read it.

also just for emphasis.

Thank you, I've couldn't explain it better myself. It's something I've always done on sports boards for a couple of reasons.

Object of the game = Put the puck in the net.

Injuries cannot be an excuse as the players called up are an upgrade over Connolly, Nieds and Stafford. The problem STILL lies in the fact that no matter how well these guys play, they don't have any closers (unless it is Vanek every so often.) The chances are there but these guys are either missing the net all together or making it simple for the opposing goalie.

Well, scoreboard watching should be easy from here on out as we just have to monitor who is in that 8 spot. Hopefully Ottawa loses tonight and this team can start again on Friday.....

Scratch that thought, now we are 4 behind 8 spot with Atlanta sitting there with a game in hand - this could get ugly fast....

Well guys, we can talk til we're blue in the face about the effort tonight or how close we were to scoring. The bottom line, however, is that the team has won 8 out of 23 games this season.

I'm not burying them or anything, but it's starting to feel like we're not watching a playoff team here.

Starting to? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They haven't looked like a playoff team since free agency started this Summer. :wallbash:

Well guys, we can talk til we're blue in the face about the effort tonight or how close we were to scoring. The bottom line, however, is that the team has won 8 out of 23 games this season.

I'm not burying them or anything, but it's starting to feel like we're not watching a playoff team here.

I think we'd all like to believe that the Sabres can turn things around and storm through the rest of the season and coast into the playoffs. Unfortunately, what we are watching is a team that underperforms on a maddeningly regular basis. This team reminds me of the pre-lockout Sabres that would sleep-walk through most of the season, then had to fight and scratch in the last 20 games just to qualify for the 8th playoff spot.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not looking forward to the rest of the season.

Shall I roll out my fire Regier post now? The flyers who are currently 'mired' near the top of the eastern conference standings continue to make moves to try and improve, the latest of which was just a day or two ago. Whether or not the players they brought in do improve that team now or in the future is anybodies guess but the fact remains that they continually try to get better. What has Regier done for us lately?

Starting to? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They haven't looked like a playoff team since free agency started this Summer. :wallbash:

Yeah, maybe I should have known all along. But we won the division last year. We got 100 points. I figured it was just a slump there at the beginning. Clearly, something has changed since last season.

Shall I roll out my fire Regier post now? The flyers who are currently 'mired' near the top of the eastern conference standings continue to make moves to try and improve, the latest of which was just a day or two ago. Whether or not the players they brought in do improve that team now or in the future is anybodies guess but the fact remains that they continually try to get better. What has Regier done for us lately?

Personally, I'm tired of Darcy and her fascination with soft, lazy players. But I think the real problem is Larry Quinn. He seems to have his thumb on the scale -- and nothing gets done unless it satisfies his financial demands.

Was that Sekera that was stripped of the puck in the corner for the pens lone goal? That was real weak.

He coughed it up like a tuberculosis-ridden prostitute in 1850s Oklahoma.

The score was 1 to ZERO! Was that play really the problem? I'm so tired of hearing about Sekera. He is and will be a very good defenseman. And in case you didn't realize it, it was Sidney Crosby that stripped him. As much as I hate him, I have to say that he is the best ###### hockey player there is today.

Again, we scored 0 goals.

The score was 1 to ZERO! Was that play really the problem? I'm so tired of hearing about Sekera. He is and will be a very good defenseman. And in case you didn't realize it, it was Sidney Crosby that stripped him. As much as I hate him, I have to say that he is the best ###### hockey player there is today.

So... still seems pretty cloudy eh?

Did Roy get hurt or was he benched at all tonight? Looking at the ice time stats, he finished with 15:17, less than Gaustad and Stuart, and almost on par with Gerbe. Something's not right when the team's leading scorer plays less than the grinders in a 1-0 game.

He got hurt.

I'm not down on Sekaras playing ability. I've actually liked his play this year. What I was commenting on was that particular play which I'll reiterate by saying it was real weak. There's no denying that. Also,I don't care if its the great one stripping him of the puck. You have to be stronger on the puck than that.

I'm not down on Sekaras playing ability. I've actually liked his play this year. What I was commenting on was that particular play which I'll reiterate by saying it was real weak. There's no denying that. Also,I don't care if its the great one stripping him of the puck. You have to be stronger on the puck than that.

He was playing well the past few weeks, but he is the WEAKEST d-man I have seen on this team...forever. I don't know why Ruff is so in love with him considering he can be moved off the puck by a lake Erie gust. He also plays scared when the games count. Yes, he has talent and can be smooth, but I had more respect for Kalinin by far.

He was playing well the past few weeks, but he is the WEAKEST d-man I have seen on this team...forever. I don't know why Ruff is so in love with him considering he can be moved off the puck by a lake Erie gust. He also plays scared when the games count. Yes, he has talent and can be smooth, but I had more respect for Kalinin by far.

Ok, I was going to throw Butler in as a comparison to see if you thought Sekera was REALLY worse than him, but then I read the rest of your post and realized you were obviously just joking by the whole, "more respect for Kalinin..." ending.

Nice touch! :unsure:

Did Roy get hurt or was he benched at all tonight? Looking at the ice time stats, he finished with 15:17, less than Gaustad and Stuart, and almost on par with Gerbe. Something's not right when the team's leading scorer plays less than the grinders in a 1-0 game.

Roy was hit with an attempted dump in by Myers. Apparently it hurt his hand or arm, but he missed some time and came back from that. Then he missed a lot of the third period because he was having vision problems... so that's probably not good.

Ok, I was going to throw Butler in as a comparison to see if you thought Sekera was REALLY worse than him, but then I read the rest of your post and realized you were obviously just joking by the whole, "more respect for Kalinin..." ending.

Nice touch! :unsure:

No, Kalinin was a better all around player. He had Sekera's vision, but had size to win battles. He was the best 4 on 4 defender this team has had the past decade. Like Sekera though, he made too many turnovers..but his were unforced which drove everyone batty.

Sad thing is, Sekera is probably the 3rd best Dman on the team right now behind Montador and Leopold. Myers has looked awkward most of the year. Maybe something can be said about pairing those two....but bottom line is this team is 8-15. So being the median Dman on an 8-15 team isn't a rave review.

Morrison will probably prove more valuable come the playoffs.