GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Let's get EXCITED for this one!

-11 out of our last 14 points

-6 out of 8 points against Capitals, Canucks, Capitals, Kings...gotta be impressed by that

-Miller looks to be finding his stride

-Just scored 2 PP goals against the league's best penalty kill

I don't know about you guys, but I'm smelling another win! Steven Stamkos? I say nuts to him.

I am liking the fight in this team again. Physical and scoring goals which was great last night. I say they bring the wood again tonight as they leave the memories of the first month behind........Tampa, psh - palease

Amen to that. Both Gaustad and McCormick had great games last night and the whole team played with a bit more edge and were finishing checks.

The key with that style game is everyone has to pitch in and take turns especially in back to backs. That kind of style takes a toll on a player if only one or two players do it game in and game out. Bruised body's, knuckles, dislocated fingers etc. are almost automatic in hard hitting/fighting games anymore because of the body armor and helmets.

I clamour for that as much as anyone on this board although I know it's not possible for any team to play every game in a season that hard.

We can however execute a tight checking finish our checks and drive the net style game in and game out and thats what I hope to see again tonight. Thomas vanek please keep playing the way you have so we can start the TV for captain campaign.

Just win B'lo.

Amen to that. Both Gaustad and McCormick had great games last night and the whole team played with a bit more edge and were finishing checks.

The key with that style game is everyone has to pitch in and take turns especially in back to backs. That kind of style takes a toll on a player if only one or two players do it game in and game out. Bruised body's, knuckles, dislocated fingers etc. are almost automatic in hard hitting/fighting games anymore because of the body armor and helmets.

I clamour for that as much as anyone on this board although I know it's not possible for any team to play every game in a season that hard.

We can however execute a tight checking finish our checks and drive the net style game in and game out and thats what I hope to see again tonight. Thomas vanek please keep playing the way you have so we can start the TV for captain campaign.

Just win B'lo.

People jumped on Rivet for his early penalty, but he had a pretty good game in front of the net as well. He was beating the ###### out of people and not letting them get to loose pucks. The refs really let them play. There was lots of carnage in front of both nets that they usually call. I wish they called every game like that.

People jumped on Rivet for his early penalty, but he had a pretty good game in front of the net as well. He was beating the ###### out of people and not letting them get to loose pucks. The refs really let them play. There was lots of carnage in front of both nets that they usually call. I wish they called every game like that.

Good observation except I disagree with "they usually call".

What I see watching other hockey games is they actually allow you to push out or body check the other guy to the ice in front of the net if the puck is near/in the crease or the goalies playing or holding it. How many times a game do we see Vanek get knocked down around the crease w/o any calls.

What I really like is Bflo seems to get it now and our D is actually doing that for Miller more than I remember in the past.

This game will be a real test for this sabres squad. Second of back to backs against this lightning team thats been a bit of an offensive juggernaut lately. If the Sabres can beat this team I'll start to believe that they've actually turned the corner. Lets not lose sight of the fact that regardless of their recent turnaround the same deficiencies exist that plagued this team earlier. They never made changes to the roster or coaching staff so am I right to suppose that this success falls on Ruff just as the poor play was blamed by many on Ruff and his coaching style? I guess you have to give credit to the players for buying in and deciding to work for their paychecks also. Go Buffalo!

This game will be a real test for this sabres squad. Second of back to backs against this lightning team thats been a bit of an offensive juggernaut lately. If the Sabres can beat this team I'll start to believe that they've actually turned the corner. Lets not lose sight of the fact that regardless of their recent turnaround the same deficiencies exist that plagued this team earlier. They never made changes to the roster or coaching staff so am I right to suppose that this success falls on Ruff just as the poor play was blamed by many on Ruff and his coaching style? I guess you have to give credit to the players for buying in and deciding to work for their paychecks also. Go Buffalo!

Yep. If the blame falls on Ruff for the team's failures, it would by hypocritical to not give him credit for its successes.

Not the case with everybody obviously, but I've noticed an annoying tendency by some on this board to be extremely critical of a player (or coach) when the going is rough, and then when that player turns it around, the person will just say "Yeah, but let's see them do it tomorrow." Then, when that player hits another (inevitable) slide, they go right back to hating. Shouldn't the level of vitriol for failure MATCH, not EXCEED, the level of excitement for success.

I've noticed this the most with Connolly. He's a streaky player. For some reason, this gets obfuscated into "he's lazy, he never tries". I remember a GREAT stretch he had last year...something like a 17 game point streak. The MOMENT he went a couple games without scoring a point, it was "yep, same old Connolly."

A Sabres win coupled with a Carolina loss tonight and guess who's in a playoff spot after being dead last what, just a couple weeks ago?

Would it be the same team that has played more games than all but one team in the Conference? This team is still five games under .500 and is a -9 in goal differential. Their play has improved and they are picking up points with little or no help from Miller which is a great sign. The downside is that eventually they will have to start beating some starting goaltenders.

My buddy was flying today from Boston to Buffalo and Jonas Enroth was on his flight which was delayed. Talked to him for awhile and Enroth was called up today from Portland. Not sure what it means or if he will start but he's definitely in Buffalo right now.

Nice snag!

Well a Sabres loss is all but official now. I can't remember the last time the Sabres won with Lalime. Nor can I remember the last time the Sabres won both games in a back-to-back.

FWIW I'm hoping Enroth gets the start, but regardless he's gonna have a tough time stopping the high flying lightning.