GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Yep. This was some horrible officiating in the last minute or so.

That's an embarrassment to the league - easily a 5-3 in the last two minutes. I'd love to know why the Refs magically decided to stop calling anything - they certainly changed from the 1st period where Vanek got a hooking call. Refs settled this one as far as I'm concerned.

You could tell the refs weren't going to call anything early in the third. There were obvious interference calls both ways that were missed, thus stuff with Kaleta and Downie... It just makes for ugly, boring hockey when the refs allow the game to turn into clutching, grabbing, tripping, interference...

That's an embarrassment to the league - easily a 5-3 in the last two minutes. I'd love to know why the Refs magically decided to stop calling anything - they certainly changed from the 1st period where Vanek got a hooking call. Refs settled this one as far as I'm concerned.

Lalime settled this one imo. he played pretty well all game but there's no excuse for that give away. the refs should have called those penalties but whatever, you don't have control over that. you do have control over what backup goaltender you sign, sucks that Darcy (Miller) chose this dumbass

Should be three Tampa players in the box right now. Disgusting.

:worthy: QFT

QFT +2

Lalime settled this one imo. he played pretty well all game but there's no excuse for that give away. the refs should have called those penalties but whatever, you don't have control over that. you do have control over what backup goaltender you sign, sucks that Darcy (Miller) chose this dumbass

QFT +3

All and all a pretty well played game by Bflo and IMO Robbie has been right on with his commentary, this game was there for the taking by Buffalo and they just did not get it done.

Lindy has to take some of the blame on this one, he could have started the hot goalie from Portland that did a good job of getting this teams mini turnaround jump started but he was afraid of upsetting his veteran backup goalie.

Lindy stop worrying about offending your players and more about offending your fans and show us why you won the Jack Adams. Trust the force is with you and become the coach that got us to the finals with the timely substitutions and honest read on your players or get out. :pirate:

I still want the explanation on how they disallowed Conolly's goal. The call on the ice from the ref was goal and the puck clearly did not go in off of a hand. End of story. There was no whistle for the hand pass and you can't review a hand pass call anyway. Seems very fishy to me.

Was it reviewed upstairs/Toronto?

Also, there's kind of a catchall category for video reviews:

(viii) The video review process shall be permitted to assist the referees in

determining the legitimacy of all potential goals (e.g. to ensure they

are “good hockey goals”). For example (but not limited to), pucks that

enter the net by going through the net meshing, pucks that enter the

net from underneath the net frame, pucks that enter the net

undetected by the referee, etc.

It must be pretty damn disheartening to be a member of this squad and hear from the coach that Millers buddy Lalime is playing. You know that no matter how hard you work chances are you're gonna lose. It's pretty damn disheartening as a fan as well.

• Like (+1) 1

It must be pretty damn disheartening to be a member of this squad and hear from the coach that Millers buddy Lalime is playing. You know that no matter how hard you work chances are you're gonna lose. It's pretty damn disheartening as a fan as well.

Yep. It's an old boys network over there. Everyone has their patron. Larry, Tom. Darcy, Larry. Lindy, Darcy. Patrick, Ryan.

Com-fort-able.

the sabres effed this one up. they had a bajillion chances and only scored one goal. lalime played good all game this loss was not his fault. he had one mistake big deal. everytime he plays our team plays like poop. his win loss ratio is not a fair judgement of his play.

It certainly wasn't the team that pulled that big blunder to give up that goal. That being said,he did make some nice saves but thats what he's paid to do. Stop the friggin puck. His win loss record is terrible since he's been a Sabre and there's no disputing those numbers. You can blame the team or you can blame him but they are his numbers. When he goes to negotiate a new contract its those numbers that are discussed whether you believe the numbers are his fault or the teams.

It certainly wasn't the team that pulled that big blunder to give up that goal. That being said,he did make some nice saves but thats what he's paid to do. Stop the friggin puck. His win loss record is terrible since he's been a Sabre and there's no disputing those numbers. You can blame the team or you can blame him but they are his numbers. When he goes to negotiate a new contract its those numbers that are discussed whether you believe the numbers are his fault or the teams.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Regier. Lalime hasn't been good for a very long time. He probably should have retired years ago. But this team is the one keeping his career afloat. If I was Lalime, I'd be playing the games I get and counting my blessings that a team has a front office dumb enough to keep me around. Hell, OTTAWA didn't want him.

Lalime always seems to play the third game in four nights or the 4th in 6. Why not play the better goalie (Miller) when the team is most likely to have the least amount of energy? Play Lalime in the middle games when he would have a fresher team in front of him? I know Miller was injured tonight, but this has never made sense to me. Someone should put this thought in Ruff's head.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Regier. Lalime hasn't been good for a very long time. He probably should have retired years ago. But this team is the one keeping his career afloat. If I was Lalime, I'd be playing the games I get and counting my blessings that a team has a front office dumb enough to keep me around. Hell, OTTAWA didn't want him.

I'm not going to argue with you about that. I've been sayin to fire Regier till I'm blue in the face. Not finding a reliable backup is only one of the reasons.