GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

One reason we have a losing record so far this season is that we're 22 games into the season, and still yet to have a truly dominating goaltender performance.

Miller played extremely well his past few games. And while Enroth was far from "dominating" he was still pretty good, all things considered.

Anyway, got this gem from my friend via text:

"Hey you can't blame him, that pass was probably a better idea than giving it to Craig."

Miller played extremely well his past few games. And while Enroth was far from "dominating" he was still pretty good, all things considered.

Anyway, got this gem from my friend via text:

"Hey you can't blame him, that pass was probably a better idea than giving it to Craig."

Yes, Miller's playing well. But sometimes you need to win games 1-0 or 2-1 on the strength of your goaltender, and that hasn't happened so far.

I've tried to withhold judgment on Niedermayer, but enough's enough. This is the guy who's supposed to show the "kids" the way out of the wilderness?

I watched him on the far right win on a 3 on 2 break. Grier was down the left wing and McCormick in the middle. Grier's pass went off Cody and bounced behind Niedermayer. He turned his head, looked at it and absolutely quit on the play, cruising into the corner to make a nice gentle turn back out of the zone.

Then a little later he had the puck just outside the Tampa line with two of his teammates about to leave the Tampa zone. He lazily slipped it back toward Morrisson, who seemed to be shocked. He played it like it was a radioactive turd. Suddenly it's deep in the Buffalo zone. Didn't get that play. Why not just dump it in on the delayed offside?