Unconfirmed rumor

Two or less

Certainly something to think about.

Time better spent declaring how devilishly handsome we are now that we are missing avatars. :thumbsup:

(Hey, my Avatar is back!!! Underneath those goggles my eyes are simply bewitching)

I always went by your name more than the pic.

Always had a craving for Eggs Benedict when I saw it.

I work with a guy who is a former trainer of the Buffalo Sabres and went to the Amerks game last night, and met up with an old friend whos still a current Sabres scout to catch up on things... and the scout told him Ryan Miller will be out for 4-5 months because they will have him get surgery. They thought rest would heal it but his leg isn't getting any better and will opt for surgery.

Like i said, it's obviously a rumor. I don't know what was said because i wasn't there but i don't see why this guy would lie to me or i don't see why the scout, whos his friend, would lie to him. Take it for what its worth, but since i heard it today, i felt i needed to share it with you guys but i pray to god this is false.

Apparently this is bunk.

Yup. Sorry guys. I don't regret posting it but it did make sense to me at the time. Should have used better judgment.

You posted it as an unconfirmed rumor and you traced it back to its source as best you could have. I don't think you used poor judgment or that you need to apologize.

I do, however, think that Miller passed out at 31 Flavors that night.

Yup. Sorry guys. I don't regret posting it but it did make sense to me at the time. Should have used better judgment.

No need to apologize. It still makes sense today. Let's see how he fairs going forward. It is clear he is not the same goalie that carried this team last season. It may be a injury that hinders his performance that he is willing to play through. If this team continues to falter we may just see the Sabres shut Miller down at some point.

No need to apologize. It still makes sense today. Let's see how he fairs going forward. It is clear he is not the same goalie that carried this team last season. It may be a injury that hinders his performance that he is willing to play through. If this team continues to falter we may just see the Sabres shut Miller down at some point.

Did you bring your mat tonight? <_<

Have I lost my sense of humor?

"Jhonas Enroth earned a lot of respect in Sabreland over the past week, growing from prized-but-unproven prospect into a goaltender who can deliver key victories for Buffalo. At the end of the day, though, he's still a rookie. There always will be a little hazing involved, as he discovered Friday.Enroth was the last of the Sabres' three goalies to enter the dressing room following practice in HSBC Arena. He slowly made his way to the locker stall with his nameplate above it. Just as he got ready to sit down, equipment manager George Babcock ripped the "Enroth" sign off and pointed the shocked 22-year-old down the hall into the auxiliary room.

Babcock quickly put up the nameplate of the stall's primary owner, the guy who will reclaim the seat and the crease from Enroth tonight -- Ryan Miller.

The Sabres' star goalie is back after a five-game injury absence and will start against the Washington Capitals in HSBC Arena. Enroth did well with Miller gone, particularly in going 2-0-1 over the past three games, but even without Babcock's planned-out move, there's no doubt whose team this is."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article251078.ece

Have I lost my sense of humor?

"Jhonas Enroth earned a lot of respect in Sabreland over the past week, growing from prized-but-unproven prospect into a goaltender who can deliver key victories for Buffalo. At the end of the day, though, he's still a rookie. There always will be a little hazing involved, as he discovered Friday.Enroth was the last of the Sabres' three goalies to enter the dressing room following practice in HSBC Arena. He slowly made his way to the locker stall with his nameplate above it. Just as he got ready to sit down, equipment manager George Babcock ripped the "Enroth" sign off and pointed the shocked 22-year-old down the hall into the auxiliary room.

Babcock quickly put up the nameplate of the stall's primary owner, the guy who will reclaim the seat and the crease from Enroth tonight -- Ryan Miller.

The Sabres' star goalie is back after a five-game injury absence and will start against the Washington Capitals in HSBC Arena. Enroth did well with Miller gone, particularly in going 2-0-1 over the past three games, but even without Babcock's planned-out move, there's no doubt whose team this is."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article251078.ece

That's some awful writing right there. Someone needs to explain to Vogl the meaning of the word "hazing".

If Enroth was indeed shocked, is that any way to handle the situation?

Babcock's day probably starts about 7 hours before the players.

Those guys probably know first.

Enroth is Younger player - its probably a face to face discussion to go through the decision and pat him on the back.

But what do I know, I'm just speculating.

But I bet you could learn a lot of things by just looking at how the equipment staff lays out the room.

Those guys must have 20 hour days.

Babcock's day probably starts about 7 hours before the players.

Those guys probably know first.

Enroth is Younger player - its probably a face to face discussion to go through the decision and pat him on the back.

But what do I know, I'm just speculating.

But I bet you could learn a lot of things by just looking at how the equipment staff lays out the room.

Those guys must have 20 hour days.

Here we go with the Rip Simonik gloryhole ###### again.

J/k you guys know I love Ripper.

Archived