[OT] Happy Thread

Sterling Archer

I figure since there is so much swirling negativity right now, we all need to talk about the good things that are happening.

I'll start:

I'm either getting a promotion or a new job that pays twice as much. Although, my mom will probably end up being my boss at my new job.

:thumbsup: and :unsure:

Well, Christine O'Donnell didn't get elected and that makes me happy!

Also going to see a few old friends in Philly this weekend.

My mom is management at said new job but does not have anything to do with hiring.

Sorry you have to go to Philly.

Didn't mean to imply that was the reason for getting the new job -- just wasn't sure how excited I would be about working for my mom! And Philly is tolerable for a few hours, especially since I'm not going anywhere near Wachovia/Wells Fargo Center. ;)

I've noticed that the players have been using smelling salts on the benches lately. Never seen that before

Wow so if that means w/o them they could be even more comatose then thay have been playing I second smelling salts although what these guys reaally need is a Meth lab in the locker room, maybe that could perk up the play we've been seeing.

I figure since there is so much swirling negativity right now, we all need to talk about the good things that are happening.

I'll start:

I'm either getting a promotion or a new job that pays twice as much. Although, my mom will probably end up being my boss at my new job.

Your mom going to finally get you to clean your room? :clapping:

We won a big lawsuit! Kids got straight A's with some pretty stiff classes! The husband is working overtime for some serious money! My in-laws left for Florida for the winter!! And best of all...my husbands 25 year old son returned from Afghanistan safe and sound two months ago and tells us yesterday that he and his lovely wife are making us grandparents in about 8 months. We are 46, hahahaha!!!

And...we just sat in the first snow of the season tonight on metal bleachers drinking hot chocolate and wrapped in blankets, watching the local high school beat down their first opponent in the second season.

I am big time happy. We've been through the ringer the last couple of years, this is nice.

The only black spot on this moment in time? My hockey team. You know it's bad when we choose to sit outside in the snow watching high school football over home in front of the fireplace watching hockey.

We won a big lawsuit! Kids got straight A's with some pretty stiff classes! The husband is working overtime for some serious money! My in-laws left for Florida for the winter!! And best of all...my husbands 25 year old son returned from Afghanistan safe and sound two months ago and tells us yesterday that he and his lovely wife are making us grandparents in about 8 months. We are 46, hahahaha!!!

And...we just sat in the first snow of the season tonight on metal bleachers drinking hot chocolate and wrapped in blankets, watching the local high school beat down their first opponent in the second season.

I am big time happy. We've been through the ringer the last couple of years, this is nice.

The only black spot on this moment in time? My hockey team. You know it's bad when we choose to sit outside in the snow watching high school football over home in front of the fireplace watching hockey.

Everything about this post made me happy. Glad your son is safe and thank him for serving. Glad you are going to be GPs. Fires are cool, but drinking hot chocolate at a high school games ain't bad either. I would have rather been at the high school game instead of in front of my fire watching Darcies Dropouts drop another one.

:clapping:

Good to hear! It's about time you had a little taste of the good side of life.

Archived