RANT HERE, complaint Thursday closed today

spndnchz

This. The Bills and Sabres are both the worst teams in their respective leagues at the same time. It's really tough to give a damn about the Sabres especially when they do absolutely NOTHING to change the situation.

At least the Bills are still playing hard and working at despite the dearth of talent in key spots. They Sabres on the other hand according to DR have talent.

So Lindy goes into the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame tonight. What kind of person accepts an honor like this while he's still coaching? Remember what Marv said about never talking about retirement, because once you do, you're already retired? This is utterly shameless.

I respect Rick tremendously for apparently sending word to various halls, including The Big One, that he won't agree to membership until he's done -- in his case, dead, probably. (Then it will be tough to agree.) He could have been in the Sabres, the Greater Buffalo Sports and Hockey Halls of Fame long ago.

On top of that, Kevin Sylvester had to write this drivel over at sabres.com: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=542559&navid=DL|BUF|home

So Lindy goes into the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame tonight. What kind of person accepts an honor like this while he's still coaching? Remember what Marv said about never talking about retirement, because once you do, you're already retired? This is utterly shameless.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=542559&navid=DL|BUF|home

:thumbdown: Are you kidding?

More shameless than refusing to graciously accept an award at a charity fundraiser?

I'm betting the board that tries to raise money for Ponytail softball, and kids police leagues and things like that at their once yearly event sees it a little differently.

:thumbdown: Are you kidding?

More shameless than refusing to graciously accept an award at a charity fundraiser?

I'm betting the board that tries to raise money for Ponytail softball, and kids police leagues and things like that at their once yearly event sees it a little differently.

Thank you. I didn't realize what this "Hall of Fame" was all about. They really need to name it something else.

So, do you think Rick is a cad for not allowing himself to be enshrined?

Lamest. Rants. Ever.

WTF? Didja all shower today and clean all the sand out of your hoo haa's before chiming in? These aren't rants. They sound more like the incessant whining of that bon bon eating welfare broad sleeping on the coach in the next room.

You all oughtta be ashamed of the lame ass crap in this thread.

Just sayin'...

Lamest. Rants. Ever.

WTF? Didja all shower today and clean all the sand out of your hoo haa's before chiming in? These aren't rants. They sound more like the incessant whining of that bon bon eating welfare broad sleeping on the coach in the next room.

You all oughtta be ashamed of the lame ass crap in this thread.

Just sayin'...

You're kidding, right? You're going to stir up stuff with that? And you think some bon-bon eating "welfare broad" is sleeping with Lindy Ruff? (Or did you mean "couch?")

I mean, you're going to come at people for not ranting strongly enough, after your two days on this board, and you're going to do it even more weakly than the ranters about whom you complain?

Hey, semi-f*ck off. You are the Stafford of posters.

Thank you. I didn't realize what this "Hall of Fame" was all about. They really need to name it something else.

So, do you think Rick is a cad for not allowing himself to be enshrined?

I think it is natural shyness for Rick J., for all the largess of his public persona he is not a naturally public person. I've also have known people that have known him and they all said it was a very long conversation even getting him to do TV, because it meant being on camera. I am sure he has let the board know that he would prefer not to be nominated.

Either way, I've known people on the GSHOF board and people inducted. They work hard putting that together. But you do need a few bankable names to make the night a solvent success. Don't get me wrong. It truly is a nice honor. But kids don't dream of being in the GBSHOF - it just doesn't have that stature. But it is great for those awarded and the community. But for guys like Bill Pollian - it has been a way of thanking the community as well.

I think it is natural shyness for Rick J., for all the largess of his public persona he is not a naturally public person. I've also have known people that have known him and they all said it was a very long conversation even getting him to do TV, because it meant being on camera. I am sure he has let the board know that he would prefer not to be nominated.

Either way, I've known people on the GSHOF board and people inducted. They work hard putting that together. But you do need a few bankable names to make the night a solvent success. Don't get me wrong. It truly is a nice honor. But kids don't dream of being in the GBSHOF - it just doesn't have that stature. But it is great for those awarded and the community. But for guys like Bill Pollian - it has been a way of thanking the community as well.

I think you're right on Jeanneret. Seems that he would be so embarrassed by an award--even a well-deserved one. Just not his thing.

Oh, since this is the rant thread. F*ck you Stafford, and f*ck you, Quinn.

You're kidding, right? You're going to stir up stuff with that? And you think some bon-bon eating "welfare broad" is sleeping with Lindy Ruff? (Or did you mean "couch?")

I mean, you're going to come at people for not ranting strongly enough, after your two days on this board, and you're going to do it even more weakly than the ranters about whom you complain?

Hey, semi-f*ck off. You are the Stafford of posters.

Now THAT is more like it.

My work is done here.

(yes, it was supposed to be couch. :oops: )

You know, I guess I didn't realize that this is the ersatz-complaint thread.

I hate people that drive into my lane to avoid the roadkill in their lane.

Try the shoulder.

Shoulders are tough. Down here we prefer the part of the critter that's been kept moist and protected against the road -- the jewel.

Shoulders are tough. Down here we prefer the part of the critter that's been kept moist and protected against the road -- the jewel.

As long as you use a low-heat, wet cooking method, shoulders work pretty well. I have some great red beans and rice in the freezer that started as pork shoulder.

As long as you use a low-heat, wet cooking method, shoulders work pretty well. I have some great red beans and rice in the freezer that started as pork shoulder.

No. No. No.

A good spice rub, about 10-12 hrs at 225F, and smoke. Preferably oak wood. Pull into stringy pieces and pile onto a bun with good sauce and coleslaw.

WTF is wrong with you people? :wallbash:

No. No. No.

A good spice rub, about 10-12 hrs at 225F, and smoke. Preferably oak wood. Pull into stringy pieces and pile onto a bun with good sauce and coleslaw.

WTF is wrong with you people? :wallbash:

You are correct sir. A nice slow cooked pork shoulder on the Weber smoker. It doesn't get any finer. :thumbsup:

Archived