Bring up Kassian

Derrico

It's semi-rediculous that the league suspended Hjalmarsson for two games considering the Sabres play the Hawks in three games. However, if you really want to show this team is not going to stand for more cheap shots, bring up Kassian for Saturday night. The kid can throw 'em with the best of them. Just youtube any of his junior fights. Our old enforcers *cough* Andrew Peters could throw his weight around but not fight. Kassian can and he should be up here Saturday night. As for legistics, he is allowed a 9 game tryout correct?

I'm quite sure that between McCormick, Morrisonn, Rivet, Gaustad, and Kaleta that Hjalmarsson will be taking his lumps on Saturday. Really, though, I don't see much more than a couple big hits on him. I think it's been established that he's not a dirty player, that it was just a bit of an overzealous hit gone horribly wrong. I doubt anyone drops the gloves with him.

I do think that the threat of retribution could provide a good distraction for the Hawks, though. It should definitely take Hjalmarsson off his game.

It's semi-rediculous that the league suspended Hjalmarsson for two games considering the Sabres play the Hawks in three games. However, if you really want to show this team is not going to stand for more cheap shots, bring up Kassian for Saturday night. The kid can throw 'em with the best of them. Just youtube any of his junior fights. Our old enforcers *cough* Andrew Peters could throw his weight around but not fight. Kassian can and he should be up here Saturday night. As for legistics, he is allowed a 9 game tryout correct?

He's stuck in juniors, he doesn't even have a contract with the Sabres yet. He is tearing it up in Juniors, 11 points in 4 games so far.

He's stuck in juniors, he doesn't even have a contract with the Sabres yet. He is tearing it up in Juniors, 11 points in 4 games so far.

11 points in 4 games?? Not bad, we should be signing this guy to a contract atleast. It was one bar fight! Take a look at the NFL, a guy who has spent time in prison for operating a dog fighting ring has a contract!

exactly what will that accomplish?

Hjalmarsson isnt going to fight back, hes not that type of player. So Kassian goes after him, he turtles, Kassian gets tossed and Lindy gets fined. Buffalo is now down a forward for the rest of the game and shorthanded for 5 min major.

It would be better to pound his ass every time he touches the puck. Make him a focus.

Lets not pretend the refs are gonna let this turn into a bloodbath. THeyre gonna call everything early on.

Hjalmarsson isnt going to fight back, hes not that type of player. So Kassian goes after him, he turtles, Kassian gets tossed and Lindy gets fined. Buffalo is now down a forward for the rest of the game and shorthanded for 5 min major.

It would be better to pound his ass every time he touches the puck. Make him a focus.

Lets not pretend the refs are gonna let this turn into a bloodbath. THeyre gonna call everything early on.

Accurate and very good points.

Not that I am advocating it but back in the day the unwritten code was an eye for an eye, so forget fighting their Kaleta or Bertuzzi, you took out one of their top six, a little how do you like it if I do this to your team. Take the body and punish every chance you get one of theirs, e.g. Sharp, Kane, Toews, etc..

However I'm pretty sure that is exactly what the league will be watching for, instead they seem to have this twisted justice where they look the other way and do allow/let our fighter take on their fighter to somehow defend his honor. Only one I could see able to try and do that for the Sabs right now might be McCormick,

This is EXACTLY what several fans have been upset with. I've read so many times that the Sabres are soft and they should take a 5 minute penalty to say enough's enough. At some point you have to make a statement. If it costs you five minutes then so be it. I'm not necessarily saying they just go after Hjalmarsson.

This is EXACTLY what several fans have been upset with. I've read so many times that the Sabres are soft and they should take a 5 minute penalty to say enough's enough. At some point you have to make a statement. If it costs you five minutes then so be it. I'm not necessarily saying they just go after Hjalmarsson.

I agree i wish they would. i almost dropped a duece when i saw TC go after hammer.

Forget the fact he doesn't even have a contract, can he be called up once he has been sent down?

I predict the Hawks will sit Hjalmarsson anyway.

Then pick the best player the Blackhawks do dress for the game and smash his head into the glass. It's not like the league cares.

Then pick the best player the Blackhawks do dress for the game and smash his head into the glass. It's not like the league cares.

Miller's words: "If I condone going after Hjalmarsson, I'm not changing the culture." And more, here: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/

At least as far as Miller is concerned, he does not want to see retaliation.

Maybe so. Changing the culture of the league is not going to happen quickly.

Fixed it for you.

Colin Campbell is one of the most insanely incompetent people I have ever seen. It's tough to think of someone in pro sports who is actually worse at his or her job.

This league is a joke. There's a reason hockey is stuck on Versus, a channel most people don't realize exists.

Not to mention that nothing that resembles any of the blood shed craving will come close to happening on Saturday. What team have you guys been watching? I'd be shocked if a glove was dropped or even if the game is any more physical than any other hum-drum Sabres game.

screw His-mamas-son, i want Toews' head, on a platter, or stuck through the glass.

ah wait, am i condoning thuggery? hell yeah i am.

until the NHL institutes that a dirty hit is punishable by a suspension the length of time the injured party is out, i definitely condone premeditated and cold-blooded violence, GTA-style

Fixed it for you.

Colin Campbell is one of the most insanely incompetent people I have ever seen. It's tough to think of someone in pro sports who is actually worse at his or her job.

This league is a joke. There's a reason hockey is stuck on Versus, a channel most people don't realize exists.

My favorite is that they spent the offseason trying to teach players whats a legal hit and what isn't, sending out videos and having seminars with players. They talk about how they are trying to remove those kind of hits from the game, and when it happens, they give the same punishment as somoene who "made an obscene gesture (flipped the bird)" to Avery???????????????

What a joke. I was there right in that area, all I saw was a Sabres players face splattered against the boards and then disapear as it slide down the glass, it looked like one of those scenes in a cartoon where they go Splat against a wall.

The league is going to watch for anything resembling retaliation and will be on high alert for anything during this game. If a sabres even looks at a Blackhawk the wrong way they will probably be suspended for 6 games because it will be considered "premeditated". The NHL wouldn't want to look Bush league/like a joke :rolleyes: Plus they probably wouldn't want one of their poster boys getting hurt (Kane/Toews/Hossa)

And By the way, Kassian doesn't have a contract with the Sabres, and since he was sent back down to Juniors, he can't be called up at all this year (from what i heard)

Not to mention that nothing that resembles any of the blood shed craving will come close to happening on Saturday. What team have you guys been watching? I'd be shocked if a glove was dropped or even if the game is any more physical than any other hum-drum Sabres game.

Hit it on the nail, again. The only blood shed that may happen on Saturday is another Sabre going down.

So what?

You don't go after Hjalmarsson, you go after Kane or one of the other Hawk "stars."

Bringing Kassian up might be a good idea as soon as the Sabres remove Castration from their pregame physicals.

screw His-mamas-son, i want Toews' head, on a platter, or stuck through the glass.

ah wait, am i condoning thuggery? hell yeah i am.

until the NHL institutes that a dirty hit is punishable by a suspension the length of time the injured party is out, i definitely condone premeditated and cold-blooded violence, GTA-style

You're not going to change the culture with that thinking, Calvin.

Archived