Portland Pirates News

wildcat48

In case anyone is asking, I greatly preferred the daily Portland posts to this long string. I don't really care what Jack thinks; Portland is Buffalo's big minor-league affiliate, and I think a daily--or at least game-by-game--update is fine.

Who determined that this needs to be in one thread? Can that person please re-think?

Pirates power their way through the shootout

Published on: 20th October, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – Derek Whitmore scored the winning goal in the ninth round of the shootout, lifting the Portland Pirates over the Manchester Monarchs, 3-2, before 2,194 at the Cumberland County Civic Center.

The win extended the Pirates unbeaten streak to five games at home, with their lone loss coming on the road in Bridgeport, CT.

Link>>>>>

In case anyone is asking, I greatly preferred the daily Portland posts to this long string. I don't really care what "Jack" thinks; Portland is Buffalo's big minor-league affiliate, and I think a daily--or at least game-by-game--update is fine.

Who determined that this needs to be in one thread? Can that person please re-think?

I only combined some old one's. It's wildcats decision to continue putting his stuff here.

Maybe 'daily' postings but an every week thread merge? I chose Sunday. Because I can. :pirate:

In case anyone is asking, I greatly preferred the daily Portland posts to this long string. I don't really care what "Jack" thinks; Portland is Buffalo's big minor-league affiliate, and I think a daily--or at least game-by-game--update is fine.

why the quotes bro

Like pieces of a puzzle the Pirates are coming together

Published on: 22nd October, 2010 by Chris Roy

When the season began for the Portland Pirates there were a lot of questions still unanswered, but now as the Pirates approach the end of their first month of the regular season, the answer to those questions are starting to be revealed

Link>>>>>

(if people want this one thread... people can merge it)

Pirates give up five goals in third period implosion

Published on: 22nd October, 2010 by Chris Roy

Michael Blunden and Maksim Mayorov each tallied a goal and an assist as the Springfield Falcons scored six unanswered goal to give them their first home victory of the season, 6-2, over the Portland Pirates before a light crowd of 2,432 at the MassMutual Center on Friday night.

Link>>>

Pirates remain unbeaten in unsatisfying win

Published on: 23rd October, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – David Leggio made 36 saves for the Portland Pirates as they held on for a 2-1 win over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in front of 5,506 at the Cumberland County Civic Center on Saturday night.

The Pirates will gladly take the two points to remain undefeated (6-0-0) at home, but Pirates head coach Kevin Dineen certainly wasn’t pleased with process in how they got the result.

Link>>>>

(Dineen was not a happy camper.... He had plenty to say and wasn't shy in hiding his displeasure)

Dineen weeding out Pirates early season weakness

Published on: 25th October, 2010 by Chris Roy

The Portland Pirates hit the ice this morning at the Portland Ice Arena, and you could certainly sense a different tone to the nearly two-hour long practice session. It was much more methodical and workman like than the good-humored practices of previous weeks.

Link>>>>

Corsi in town to work with the goalies. Was that before or after the 5 goal 3rd period? :D

It should have been before... :bag: It would have saved some of the butt-kicking this morning. Really, I'm sure it would have help the last two games by Enroth he's been hung out to dry by the D.

Archived