Portland Pirates News

wildcat48

Parrish & Enroth on the ice for the Pirates; Legault is making an impression

Published on: 7th October, 2010 by Chris Roy

The Portland Pirates are finally starting to come together on ice as two more bodies were on the ice this morning.

Mark Parrish and Jhonas Enroth took part in morning practice at the Cumberland County Civic Center, which was bristling with activity in anticipation of Saturday’s game against Manchester.

Link>>>>

I think your note about Schiestel was the most interesting one to me. In the very limited preseason action I caught, I liked what I saw from him. The Sabres have a lot of depth in terms of young defensemen, now it's time for a few of them to step up. That will go a long way for the future of this organization, whether it's through actually playing in Buffalo or becoming attractive trade bait.

He's impressed me the most of all the players in camp. When I first saw Schiestel in camp he looked like a completely different player with the weight gain and how he came in to in great shape. He was also played a physical game on Tuesday so one can only hope that translates to the regular season...

Dennis Persson... That's another story.

Ellis arrives as Pirates release roster; Civic Center one step closer to renovation

Published on: 8th October, 2010 by Chris Roy

Today was a big a news day for the Portland Pirates, both on the ice and off.

While the Pirates were dealing with off-ice issues regarding their future at the Cumberland County Civic Center, there was still work to be done on the ice as the Pirates prepare for their season opener at home against the Manchester Monarchs.

Link>>>>

Did the Pirates name Ellis as captain? Or anyone as captain? I heard part of the deal he signed with Sabres for 2-way was if he goes to Portland he'd be a captain, and just wanted to see if that tidbit was true.

Nobody has been named captain for this weekend... but, Ellis would make a good choice.

Pirates offense rallies for victory in season opener

Published on: 9th October, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – This wasn’t a game for the ages, but the Portland Pirates got the job done, holding on for a 6-5 victory in the season opener against the Manchester Monarchs in front of 4,631 at the Cumberland County Civic Center.

Link>>>>

Did the Pirates name Ellis as captain? Or anyone as captain? I heard part of the deal he signed with Sabres for 2-way was if he goes to Portland he'd be a captain, and just wanted to see if that tidbit was true.

This sounds like Internet gobbley ######. He's making demands?

Great start for Adam. That kid needs to light up the AHL this year and then bring that game to the NHL next year.

Hopefully, Luke Adam puts the Sabres management in a very difficult position and forces them not to re-sign Connolly. I'm really excited by what that kid has the potential to offer. I think he's going to be really good at the NHL level.

Archived