Portland Pirates News

wildcat48

Pirates look to amend loss in Springfield

Published on: 9th November, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – The Pirates were back down to business on Tuesday as they hit the ice in preparation of Wednesday’s game in Springfield. Portland will be looking to avenge the 6-2 loss they suffered at the MassMutual Center back on Oct. 22nd where they allowed a franchise tying five goals in the third period.

Link>>>>

Perssons comfort level is producing points

Published on: 10th November, 2010 by Chris Roy

Link>>>>

Just read this article. I've been following the Pirates via theahl.com scores and your links on this forum, but i have been over looking Persson. The article states when he came he was billed as a "strong-skating" but i always read that was his weakness back in Sweden, and that was a major reason he getting penalties and as a result getting benched. But, has he developed into a strong skating player now?

Pirates pull out gutsy victory

Published on: 10th November, 2010 by Chris Roy

Springfield, Mass. – Every team needs a gut-check moment during the season to keep grounded.

For the Portland Pirates, this was their gut check moment.

Mark Mancari and Luke Adam each tallied a goal and an assists as the Pirates defeated the Springfield Falcons, 4-2, before a midweek crowd of 2,498 at the MassMutual Center.

Link>>>>

Pirates get a well-balanced victory against the Devils

Published on: 14th November, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – The Portland Pirates just keep finding ways to win hockey games.

It was another two points for the Pirates with a 5-2 victory over the Albany Devils before a raucous crowd of 6,003 at the Cumberland County Civic Center.

Link>>>>

Pirates use long practice session to tie up loose ends

Published on: 16th November, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – The Portland Pirates hit the ice at the Cumberland County Civic Center for an unusually long practice.

Practice last nearly three hours before the team came off the ice and Pirates coach Kevin Dineen declaring, “The boy’s earned their paycheck today.”

Link>>>

Pirates edge Worcester in a shootout to tie franchise record

Published on: 21st November, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – David Leggio made 30 saves including stopping all four shooters in the shootout as the Portland Pirates battled back for a 2-1 victory over the Worcester Sharks before 4,505 at the Cumberland County Civic Center on Saturday night.

Link>>>

Dineen shuffles the roster deck

Published on: 24th November, 2010 by Chris Roy

The Portland Pirates were back on the ice today after having a day away from the arena. It was also the first time the Pirates were skating without the services of forwards Luke Adam, Colin Stuart and goaltender Jhonas Enroth.

Link>>>

Injury bug bites in loss to Falcons at home

Published on: 26th November, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – The Portland Pirates lost more than a game tonight.

The Springfield Falcons scored three times in the third period to defeat the Pirates, 4-2, in front of 4,881 at the Cumberland County Civic Center on Friday night.

Link>>>>

Pirates hit first slump of the season; fall to Monarchs, 6-1

Published on: 27th November, 2010 by Chris Roy

It’s a tale of two teams heading in opposite directions.

The Manchester Monarchs have gone 7-1-0 in their last eight games, while the Portland Pirates are officially mired in a slump after losing their third straight game with a 6-1 loss to the Monarchs before 5,014 at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH on Saturday night.

Link>>>>

Mancari’s hat trick puts the Pirates back in the win column

Published on: 28th November, 2010 by Chris Roy

Mark Mancari scored three goals and added an assist as the Portland Pirates snapped their three-game losing streak with a 5-1 victory over the Providence Bruins in front of 5,222 at the Dunkin Donuts Center on Sunday afternoon.

The hat trick was Mancari’s first since the start of the 2008-’09 season with the Pirates.

Link>>>>

Injury concerns ease with the return of Stuart

Published on: 29th November, 2010 by Chris Roy

Still no word from the Portland Pirates on injuries to forwards Mark Parrish and Travis Turnbull, but there will be one player returning the line up this weekend.

Colin Stuart was assigned back to the Pirates today by the Buffalo Sabres.

Link>>>>

In the spirit of giving the Pirates give one away

Published on: 5th December, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – The Norfolk Admirals proved yet again why they are the top offensive team in the American Hockey League at the moment.

Down by three goals, the Admirals rallied back and scored with 33 seconds left in the game before Marc-Antoine Pouliot scored the lone goal in the shootout to pull out a 4-3 victory over the Portland Pirates in front of 5,154 at the Cumberland County Civic Center on Saturday night.

Link>>>

The slide continues for the Pirates

Published on: 5th December, 2010 by Chris Roy

The Portland Pirates waited too late before they decided to make a comeback against the Worcester Sharks before an announced crowd of 3,117 at the DCU Center on Sunday afternoon.

After spotting the Sharks a 4-0 lead, Portland scored four of the next six goals including the final three in the third period, dropping a 6-4 decision.

Link>>>>

Archived