Tuesday Musings from practice; Whitmore injured

wildcat48

My two cents:

$0.01: Sorry to hear about Hoppe, but freaking nfreeman offended him? I just don't see it. NF is too level-headed; he's like carpandean. Sorry that we lost Bill, but I can't believe that nfreeman was the man responsible (unless someone shows me the thread where nf was being a dick).

EDIT: Just read up-thread, and just saw what happened. Damn, too bad that Bill won't post here, but there certainly is no freaking way that nfreeman was rude, disrespectful, or anything like that. That's just a shame all around.

$0.02: I don't always click on wildcat's threads, much less his links, but he does no harm at all posting here; he is the only person posting about the Pirates on a regular basis. Other folks might promote their blogs about the Sabres, but we have plenty of sources for that information. Wildcat's headlines always are accurate, so if there's something affecting a serious Sabs prospect, I'll click on it. We, as a completely dysfunctional online community, have nothing to gain by telling wildcat not to post links here anymore, and some might love his stuff--even, or even especially, visitors who want news about the team as a whole. Let it continue. Jack, you can just ignore wildcat's threads, if it really bothers you.

$0.01: Sorry to hear about Hoppe, but freaking nfreeman offended him? I just don't see it. NF is too level-headed; he's like carpandean. Sorry that we lost Bill, but I can't believe that nfreeman was the man responsible (unless someone shows me the thread where nf was being a dick).

The old thread where the "offense" took place was posted on the previous page of this thread. It seems pretty tame: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/17566-enroth-on-possibly-becoming-the-backup/

My two cents:

EDIT: Just read up-thread, and just saw what happened. Damn, too bad that Bill won't post here, but there certainly is no freaking way that nfreeman was rude, disrespectful, or anything like that. That's just a shame all around.

The old thread where the "offense" took place was posted on the previous page of this thread. It seems pretty tame: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/17566-enroth-on-possibly-becoming-the-backup/

It wasn't the one time thing. Eleven, you remember how ugly this offseason was, you left for a reason. The nfreeman comment, which to me seemed a bit out of character and almost seemed like an attack at the time (though still relatively tame in the big picture), was basically the straw that broke the camel's back. There has been a lot of stuff around here in the last couple months looking for the media to be more Woodward and Bernstein like I mentioned. I don't blame any media member for not wanting to answer to that stuff constantly. They stand to gain absolutely nothing from it.

Particularly odd coming from someone who posts links to his own ramblings. I enjoy the links and finding out what the young bucks are doing.

Nice use of emoticons, shrader!

I posted links occasionally in other threads that related to what I was writing about... sorry I just don't care enough about the Portland Pirates to see 5 separate threads linking to his articles about them... you guys should just make a Portland Pirates thread and then have at it. I just think it's unprofessional to make threads about your own articles, leave a link, and bounce without saying another word. I guess that's just me though.

But that said, this board has gotten ridiculous lately. I can't say anything without getting grilled lately, and things that I got grilled for 5 months ago (downplaying the Tim Kennedy situation, downplaying Kassian's chances of making the team) end up being right, and then I just take more flack from people who originally disputed my point of view, but now that things have panned out, they've pulled a 180 and agree with. Don't put it down as a Bill Hoppe situation but I'm out.

I posted links occasionally in other threads that related to what I was writing about... sorry I just don't care enough about the Portland Pirates to see 5 separate threads linking to his articles about them... you guys should just make a Portland Pirates thread and then have at it. I just think it's unprofessional to make threads about your own articles, leave a link, and bounce without saying another word. I guess that's just me though.

But that said, this board has gotten ridiculous lately. I can't say anything without getting grilled lately, and things that I got grilled for 5 months ago (downplaying the Tim Kennedy situation, downplaying Kassian's chances of making the team) end up being right, and then I just take more flack from people who originally disputed my point of view, but now that things have panned out, they've pulled a 180 and agree with. Don't put it down as a Bill Hoppe situation but I'm out.

I have to say after hearing your opinions on backup goalies and how you like the flyers goalie situation better than ours, and after reading some of your blog you wont be missed much.

It wasn't the one time thing. Eleven, you remember how ugly this offseason was, you left for a reason. The nfreeman comment, which to me seemed a bit out of character and almost seemed like an attack at the time (though still relatively tame in the big picture), was basically the straw that broke the camel's back. There has been a lot of stuff around here in the last couple months looking for the media to be more Woodward and Bernstein like I mentioned. I don't blame any media member for not wanting to answer to that stuff constantly. They stand to gain absolutely nothing from it.

To be honest, I went missing for several reasons. The ugliness was one, the lack of a reason to follow a hockey board in August was another, my workload (August and Sept. just sucked) was big part of it, and a relationship (which is continuing, and I am trying to convert a Carolina gal to Sabre-love) is yet another reason why. But the ugliness was a factor, yes. And I regret lashing out at one poster (PA), and I'll say so publicly, when it was a general atmosphere of ugliness, and not one person (is PA one person, or a conglomerate of anti-Ruff?).

The lack of hockey was the biggest reason. Plus, there were a lot of beautiful days with other ways to spend the small amount of free time I had.

But I get it; I just find it unfortunate that Hoppe found nfreeman's post to be the one. Agreed that it's got to be tough for a media member to be posting on a fan board, but I just don't remember Hoppe being here that often. Maybe I'm not recalling it correctly.

Anyway. Good to be back, schraiderre.

I will never understand someone leaving the board because of what another poster says, but if you like being here then stay, if you don't then leave. It's that easy. I'll just say that I liked reading your blogs and your posts. I didn't always agree but who cares. I don't agree with almost everyone I know,.. even the ones I do agree with.

As to the Hoppe matter (as well as the others on TSW that left),.. pretty weak.

I will never understand someone leaving the board because of what another poster says, but if you like being here then stay, if you don't then leave. It's that easy. I'll just say that I liked reading your blogs and your posts. I didn't always agree but who cares. I don't agree with almost everyone I know,.. even the ones I do agree with.

As to the Hoppe matter (as well as the others on TSW that left),.. pretty weak.

Watch, Jack leaves and then crosschecking will reappear. They're not the same person, but stuff like that happening would make it fun to claim that they are. But then again, crosschecking left and then wolfy showed up a few weeks later. I wonder what that's all about.

There is one poster I want to see come back though, and I'll do everything in my power to make him show his face. Squirrel.

Watch, Jack leaves and then crosschecking will reappear. They're not the same person, but stuff like that happening would make it fun to claim that they are. But then again, crosschecking left and then wolfy showed up a few weeks later. I wonder what that's all about.

There is one poster I want to see come back though, and I'll do everything in my power to make him show his face. Squirrel.

They're all probably just PA's other personalities and there are actually only 7 members.

Whatever happened to Static?

That was weird.

Whatever happened to Static?

He claimed to be a veteran with service in Iraq and/or Afghanistan to support some poltical rant he was on. Hank is apparently active duty, noticed certain discrepancies, and effectively proved Static was a big fat liar. Static hasn't been seen (nor missed) since.

Bill, static, Cross, now Jack. It seems very fashionable to leave this joint at the slightest insult.

I think the next time I am offended or insulted, I will join The Others in a better place.

Fair warning.

Promise? You are an oversensitive senior citizen wannabe. You must be mentally ill to continually pretend to be an old man when you are not.

Offended? Insulted? :devil: :devil: :devil:

Bill, static, Cross, now Jack. It seems very fashionable to leave this joint at the slightest insult.

I think the next time I am offended or insulted, I will join The Others in a better place.

Fair warning.

So wait, if we insult you, you might leave too?

Static wasn't insulted. He was called on something he said which may or may not have been an exaggeration and instead of explaining himself, he turned tail and ran. I know you'll still want to say that we have no idea who was right on that one, but the silence is pretty damning, don't you think?

So wait, if we insult you, you might leave too?

Static wasn't insulted. He was called on something he said which may or may not have been an exaggeration and instead of explaining himself, he turned tail and ran. I know you'll still want to say that we have no idea who was right on that one, but the silence is pretty damning, don't you think?

Not might. Will.

That's the final straw, shrader. It's apparent now you want me out of here so you can surpass me as the top poster. Well, here's your chance.

I'm outta here.

Go Leafs Go.

As for Wildcat having a pinned thread, I think, while I can't speak for him, he doesn't want that kind of pressure. Graham, Hoppe, wildcat, all have jobs reporting for bigger things than this forum (I know it's hard to believe). It nice to have someone on the outside looking in but to have to post here because it's expected of them is a different story. What's the harm in having a 'spy' so to speak in the organization that can give us tidbits on what's going on from time to time?

From what I've heard and read other bloggers are welcome here as long as the story is good and isn't all advertisement of their site (especially other blog sites). You still make the decision, like in jack's case, to click or not, ignore posters, or tell your opinion in a productive, constructive way. I'm sure they would welcome constructive criticism on how to perfect their 'art'.

Archived