Tuesday Musings from practice; Whitmore injured

wildcat48

who am i kidding i can't stay away with the season starting tomorrow :bag: site has got me crack- :beer: hooked

but seriously, just make a portland pirates thread and let him post his blogs in there every day. he rarely even posts in his threads (or elsewhere on the forum, for that matter) after he makes them, it seems like blatant advertising to me... and i just really don't care about the Portland Pirates day-to-day operations.. i wouldn't care if they don't win a game this year. any major news involving players "on the verge" (i use that term loosely) of making the roster i'm going to hear elsewhere. I guess that's my personal preference.

the shots at the sports buff were uncalled for.. I don't write for a newspaper and I'm not a reporter, I just do it for fun and as a hobby. And although there will obviously times you don't agree with what I'm writing, I can't help but feel that I'm not that bad for a non profit blog. If I actually had some kind of credentials and the cash to attend every game, press conference, and post game interview, I'd probably be able to get a job easily for at least some low-level newspaper or sabres site. Also, I was very cautious to make sure posting my blogs wouldn't be looked at as violating a rule -- I only posted in threads my blogs related too (primarily free agency) and often times offered disclaimers downplaying the urge to click the link by letting them know there wasn't going to be any "breaking news" or anything, so as not to offend SDS and try to take his traffic. I guess we just go about it different ways.

who am i kidding i can't stay away with the season starting tomorrow :bag: site has got me crack- :beer: hooked

but seriously, just make a portland pirates thread and let him post his blogs in there every day. he rarely even posts in his threads (or elsewhere on the forum, for that matter) after he makes them, it seems like blatant advertising to me... and i just really don't care about the Portland Pirates day-to-day operations.. i wouldn't care if they don't win a game this year. any major news involving players "on the verge" (i use that term loosely) of making the roster i'm going to hear elsewhere. I guess that's my personal preference.

I've seen plenty of threads on this board that I didn't care about at all. You know what I did each time? I didn't click on it. It's not hard to do. We're not exactly a high volume board here, so a few extra threads don't make it much more difficult to navigate around here. There have been a lot of these :pirate: threads in the last week or two, but that's because it's one of the peak news seasons for the team. It's going to slow down soon enough.

the shots at the sports buff were uncalled for.. I don't write for a newspaper and I'm not a reporter, I just do it for fun and as a hobby. And although there will obviously times you don't agree with what I'm writing, I can't help but feel that I'm not that bad for a non profit blog. If I actually had some kind of credentials and the cash to attend every game, press conference, and post game interview, I'd probably be able to get a job easily for at least some low-level newspaper or sabres site. Also, I was very cautious to make sure posting my blogs wouldn't be looked at as violating a rule -- I only posted in threads my blogs related too (primarily free agency) and often times offered disclaimers downplaying the urge to click the link by letting them know there wasn't going to be any "breaking news" or anything, so as not to offend SDS and try to take his traffic. I guess we just go about it different ways.

At least you have thick skin and i see your point about him only being here just to post his links which it seems he does. I do enjoy hearing about players in our system though. Sorry I attacked the sports buff I like your sabres blogs, the bills one made me laugh but you self identify as not knowing football, so i wont knock you anymore. Our Goalie situation is still ten times better than the flyers. :nana:

At least you have thick skin and i see your point about him only being here just to post his links which it seems he does. I do enjoy hearing about players in our system though. Sorry I attacked the sports buff I like your sabres blogs, the bills one made me laugh but you self identify as not knowing football, so i wont knock you anymore. Our Goalie situation is still ten times better than the flyers. :nana:

Sadly, I don't even write the Bills ones. My friend does, but (as you can see) rarely. But yeah, I don't know much about the x's and o's of football so I don't really have any judgement as to how accurate what he writes is. And I think everyone misinterpreted what I was saying with Philly having a better goalie situation -- My main point was they have guys that if the starter goes down with injury OR just starts playing like crap, the backup can come in and at least compete while the starter is out. I don't feel Lalime has ever been that reliable as a Sabre and honestly I think if Miller were to be hurt long term, Lindy would play Enroth the majority of the time with Lalime, again, as the back up. I think it's too soon to rush Enroth into that position. Anyway we won't get into that whole debate again here. I'll just stick away from the PP threads. :thumbsup:

I've seen plenty of threads on this board that I didn't care about at all. You know what I did each time? I didn't click on it. It's not hard to do. We're not exactly a high volume board here, so a few extra threads don't make it much more difficult to navigate around here. There have been a lot of these :pirate: threads in the last week or two, but that's because it's one of the peak news seasons for the team. It's going to slow down soon enough.

amen.

Sadly, I don't even write the Bills ones. My friend does, but (as you can see) rarely. But yeah, I don't know much about the x's and o's of football so I don't really have any judgement as to how accurate what he writes is. And I think everyone misinterpreted what I was saying with Philly having a better goalie situation -- My main point was they have guys that if the starter goes down with injury OR just starts playing like crap, the backup can come in and at least compete while the starter is out. I don't feel Lalime has ever been that reliable as a Sabre and honestly I think if Miller were to be hurt long term, Lindy would play Enroth the majority of the time with Lalime, again, as the back up. I think it's too soon to rush Enroth into that position. Anyway we won't get into that whole debate again here. I'll just stick away from the PP threads. :thumbsup:

I understand your point, but you should know that there are a good amount of members here who DO in fact care about the Pirates.

Like Shrader said, if you aren't interested, simply don't click on it... that said, glad you decided against leaving. :thumbsup:

Wow... I didn't realize posting a topic would lead to... well, what is posted above.

Look, I post the articles here because I figure there is a segment of the Sabres population that want to read about what their prospect are doing in Portland. I know there was a certain affinity for the Amerks franchise because its closeness and now we're 10 hours away.

I don't get wrapped in what said ^^^ because frankly I don't care and I'm too busy with more than just the Pirates.

As for reading/answering questions in threads... Again, I don't spend a lot of time on message boards because I just don't have a lot of time. Not enough time in the day, but, I am more than willing to answer a question. Send me a PM, email or a message on Facebook and I will get back to you. If you leave something on a thread I will try to answer it as soon as I can.

I'd like to say thanks for reading Maine Hockey Journal

Archived