Tuesday Musings from practice; Whitmore injured

wildcat48

He never stopped. I'm trying to figure out why you have a problem with someone posting links to a site devoted to reporting on the Sabres' AHL affiliate.

Exactly. Let's not go the TSW route and drive a reporter away (I guess it's the sabrespace way now too after that whole Hoppe thing). The :pirate: are a vital cog of this organization. Not every poster may want to hear about them, but I'm sure there are plenty who do. If you don't want to read it, don't click on the thread. It's always very obvious that it's a :pirate: story.

Exactly. Let's not go the TSW route and drive a reporter away (I guess it's the sabrespace way now too after that whole Hoppe thing). The :pirate: are a vital cog of this organization. Not every poster may want to hear about them, but I'm sure there are plenty who do. If you don't want to read it, don't click on the thread. It's always very obvious that it's a :pirate: story.

Did you all drive Hoppe away while I was gone?

Yeah, we took care of that boy right good.

I can't speak for Jack, but maybe he thought the post was about Sabres practice, despite the obvious clues.

wildcat, I'm glad you're posting here. Maybe the mods would OK a new designation, like (OT), for your threads. (PP)?

I can't speak for Jack, but maybe he thought the post was about Sabres practice, despite the obvious clues.

wildcat, I'm glad you're posting here. Maybe the mods would OK a new designation, like (OT), for your threads. (PP)?

He's a big boy, let him fight his own battles. I for one am interested to hear why he feels its OK for him to posts links to his own materials but thinks its inappropriate for another member of the site to post links to professional media reports about our farm team. I fail to see how the pirates are OT since we have spent most of the summer debating the merits of kids currently on their roster.

Somebody attacked him because he wasn't offering a Woodward and Bernstein level report on the Sabres, so he left. I forget the specifics. I'd like to point the finger at a specific poster, but I can't remember who it was.

I think a pinned subforum would be great, but have no problem with the way it is now.

Somebody attacked him because he wasn't offering a Woodward and Bernstein level report on the Sabres, so he left. I forget the specifics. I'd like to point the finger at a specific poster, but I can't remember who it was.

You're way off.

Edit: the first "attack" came from Bill. Inexplicably bothered that nfreeman suggested an idea for a story a lot of fans really wanted to know more about, he slammed him and then took his toys and ran home.

You're way off.

Edit: the first "attack" came from Bill. Inexplicably bothered that nfreeman suggested an idea for a story a lot of fans really wanted to know more about, he slammed him and then took his toys and ran home.

Yeah I was reading and not posting much at the time but thats how I also saw it go down. Almost seemed staged so he could excuse himself from the site w/o any guilt.

oh the mindgames.

lucky for him DeLuca or PA didn't decide to give him a hard time.

oh yes, Jack.. shutup and kindly take it elsewhere, we learn much more from wildcat's posts than we do from your 'lonely-at-Spot-coffee' articles.

WOW that was all it took? I seen the Tim Graham melt down on TBD and at least that had some merit. I didnt even see an insult or anything. Who knew the media was so spineless?

journalism has hit an all-time low in the this era of social media.

even the mainstream media is not bereft of simple things like typos and absolutely rotten grammar. evidently it doesn't take much to be a 'journalist' nowadays.

This former mod thought it worked well last year to have an "Official Portland Pirates" thread, but if it is better idea to have the poster start new threads with nothing more than the link to his website over and over and over and over again, who am I to say. :bag:

This former mod thought it worked well last year to have an "Official Portland Pirates" thread, but if it is better idea to have the poster start new threads with nothing more than the link to his website over and over and over and over again, who am I to say. :bag:

Did you guys discuss this among yourselves at all? Both options make sense to me. One centralized thread is always easiest, but this places turns over quickly enough that the new threads fall off the front page quickly enough.

Did you guys discuss this among yourselves at all? Both options make sense to me. One centralized thread is always easiest, but this places turns over quickly enough that the new threads fall off the front page quickly enough.

I'm new but i like the new threads especially since this one ended up with enroth going down. The mega threads get crazy and you miss alot i like the BLUF

Archived