A queston for the jersey nazi's...

SDS

Probably, but that shouldn't matter. Get what you like.

Just out of curiosity, what number would you get?

Well, I'm not a big fan of shelling out money for players that are here today and gone tomorrow. So, I would just get #22 which is my adult league hockey number. So, it could be Ruff, it could be Vaive, it could be Adam Mair - I don't care what the interpretation is. I just think the blank jerseys are too plain.

Well, I'm not a big fan of shelling out money for players that are here today and gone tomorrow. So, I would just get #22 which is my adult league hockey number. So, it could be Ruff, it could be Vaive, it could be Adam Mair - I don't care what the interpretation is. I just think the blank jerseys are too plain.

I hear ya. I say do it. Jersey's aren't cheap and you just never know who's going to stick around. I really want a Kaleta jersey, but have the same fear of serious injury/trade, etc.

Plain jerseys don't do it for me, either.

Which jersey are you looking to get?

Same here, plus the past few jerseys I've purchased doomed 2 Bills QBs and 1 MLB slugger.

I don't think there would be too much flap about an unnamed jersey with the numbers, but then again I'm a guy that thinks bowling ball shots add to the NFL tailgate experience not detract from it.

I hear ya. I say do it. Jersey's aren't cheap and you just never know who's going to stick around. I really want a Kaleta jersey, but have the same fear of serious injury/trade, etc.

Plain jerseys don't do it for me, either.

Which jersey are you looking to get?

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4374397&cp=1920366&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

If you put a space in for the name it lets you just use the number. I think it looks decent.

I kind of get this way of thinking, but not really. I like seeing people wearing jerseys of obscure players. It lets me know that they know hockey. I say get the jersey of whoever you want and be happy about it. Don't worry about if they leave the team, because eventually they all go, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

I kind of get this way of thinking, but not really. I like seeing people wearing jerseys of obscure players. It lets me know that they know hockey. I say get the jersey of whoever you want and be happy about it. Don't worry about if they leave the team, because eventually they all go, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

Well, I also have an issue of wearing players who are 1/2 my age. But, you can't get retired players either (NHL will cancel order on those)...

Well, I also have an issue of wearing players who are 1/2 my age. But, you can't get retired players either (NHL will cancel order on those)...

That's when you go to a place like that icejerseys place you have ads for. I can't see why they wouldn't put someone like that on a jersey and they do really good work.

They don't have the new ones in yet...

Know it's hard to wait Scott, but I'm waiting for this guy to get the new roads and thirds in, primarily because nhlshop.com glues the numbers to the jerseys and this guy cross stiches them...it's a much better product at basically the same price. I've bought two jerseys from this guy and he is top-notch. He should have the new Sabre jerseys in within a month to six weeks.

Linky

I think Vaive would be kickass. You could wear the horsecollar then.

At least with a retired player you are honoring history and it will never go out of style.

I bought up a bunch of old game used Sabres jerseys before Ebay was popular, and they are always a conversation piece when worn to the game. My friend wears a Tom Draper jersey and people eat it up. Obscure works.

I think Vaive would be kickass. You could wear the horsecollar then.

At least with a retired player you are honoring history and it will never go out of style.

I bought up a bunch of old game used Sabres jerseys before Ebay was popular, and they are always a conversation piece when worn to the game. My friend wears a Tom Draper jersey and people eat it up. Obscure works.

I sit next to a guy at BU games who was Draper's college roommate at Vermont. He's always amazed that I actually know who Draper was.

Ive always thought of nameless numbered jerseys to be overly generic. After witnessing the atrocities on carpandean's link, and plugging the number only on shop.nhl, the idea is growing on me, it could actually be one of the better things to do. The back of a hockey jersey is too big and blank. And of course, the chances someone on this year's roster retiring as a Sabre is minimal.

My one and only customeized jersey was a Rob Ray road blue and it almost achieved customized jersey glory until he was traded to the Sens of all teams for one more chance at choking in the playo....er a Stanley Cup <_<

Ive always thought of nameless numbered jerseys to be overly generic. After witnessing the atrocities on carpandean's link, and plugging the number only on shop.nhl, the idea is growing on me, it could actually be one of the better things to do. The back of a hockey jersey is too big and blank. And of course, the chances someone on this year's roster retiring as a Sabre is minimal.

My one and only customeized jersey was a Rob Ray road blue and it almost achieved customized jersey glory until he was traded to the Sens of all teams for one more chance at choking in the playo....er a Stanley Cup <_<

I have no problem with a name/numberless jersey, but I think it might be a bit too blank with these current uniforms, especially the "older" blue ones. Since there's no shoulder patches, I think it could get a bit bland.

That's when you go to a place like that icejerseys place you have ads for. I can't see why they wouldn't put someone like that on a jersey and they do really good work.

Order a blank and have your local embroidery shop put on what ever name and number you want. I do it often. It's usually cheaper than NHL.com and much better quality. Just bring a pic of letter and number styles for them to match.

Order a blank and have your local embroidery shop put on what ever name and number you want. I do it often. It's usually cheaper than NHL.com and much better quality. Just bring a pic of letter and number styles for them to match.

And if it's a Sabres jersey in Buffalo, you really shouldn't need that picture. Might be a different story for SDS though.

Archived