A queston for the jersey nazi's...

SDS

A quick note for anyone who might be looking at one of these. Jersey personalization is free for one day only right now at the NHL online store.

Ah, I guess I didn't see this thread yesterday... made the same plug in the BUF@TOR GDT.

By the way, ordered a white Myers jersey at 11pm Monday, and with expected delivery 10/7-10/13 <_<

Ah, I guess I didn't see this thread yesterday... made the same plug in the BUF@TOR GDT.

By the way, ordered a white Myers jersey at 11pm Monday, and with expected delivery 10/7-10/13 <_<

There's no harm in it being said in a few different places. I considered a new thread for it, but it didn't seem worthy.

As for that expected delivery, it's funny how we have 3 orders with 3 different delivery windows. Did you get an authentic? That's what I went with, so maybe they have different windows for different jersey types.

There's no harm in it being said in a few different places. I considered a new thread for it, but it didn't seem worthy.

As for that expected delivery, it's funny how we have 3 orders with 3 different delivery windows. Did you get an authentic? That's what I went with, so maybe they have different windows for different jersey types.

Ah. I went with the Replica. For what it's worth, I also bought this on the same order: http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3759705&clickid=body_rv_img ...at $36 after my 20% off discount, I figured what the heck.

Ah. I went with the Replica. For what it's worth, I also bought this on the same order: http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3759705&clickid=body_rv_img ...at $36 after my 20% off discount, I figured what the heck.

I have that coat, got it about a year ago... it's great!

on a more topic related note... just a FYI for those of you ordering replica jersey's from NHL.com... I think your numbers will be heat pressed onto the jersey and won't really be the tackle twill layered sewn on numbers like they are selling at the Sabres store. from far away it will look like they are but I don't believe they will be. someone please let me know once you get your jersey delivered but I'm afraid you will get the "cheap" versions of name and numbers. I won't buy a jersey from NHL.com for this reason, I don't want to pay that much for lame numbers... but I'm picky. NHL.com doesn't really tell you what you are getting and if you try to talk to a customer service person, they don't really know the difference or what you are even talking about. I hope I'm wrong but this has been my experience and others I have talked to too.

on a more topic related note... just a FYI for those of you ordering replica jersey's from NHL.com... I think your numbers will be heat pressed onto the jersey and won't really be the tackle twill layered sewn on numbers like they are selling at the Sabres store. from far away it will look like they are but I don't believe they will be. someone please let me know once you get your jersey delivered but I'm afraid you will get the "cheap" versions of name and numbers. I won't buy a jersey from NHL.com for this reason, I don't want to pay that much for lame numbers... but I'm picky. NHL.com doesn't really tell you what you are getting and if you try to talk to a customer service person, they don't really know the difference or what you are even talking about. I hope I'm wrong but this has been my experience and others I have talked to too.

Here's the language directly from the site:

"The front crest is embroidered just like the authentic jersey, and your personalized name and number in single-layer, screen-printed twill are heat pressed onto the back and sleeves."

Personally, it doesn't matter to me -- which is why I'm not buying the $300 authentic.

That's the one

This would be a nice choice. What was his number?

Don't think NHL would allow this to go through, though. They only allow active players. Have to visit local embroidery shop as mentioned previously. They will do anything you want, including the newly popular Philadelphia Eagles Ron Mexico #7 jersey.

Trying to decide what to get for a new jersey, but have an aversion to getting a current player.

I'm curious - what are your opinions if I got a new 3rd jersey, and instead of a player, had the number be '70' (the year the team started), and the nameplate just read 'Sabres'.

Is that good? Brilliant? Lame?...if you saw me wearing it at a game, what would you say or think?

Trying to decide what to get for a new jersey, but have an aversion to getting a current player.

I'm curious - what are your opinions if I got a new 3rd jersey, and instead of a player, had the number be '70' (the year the team started), and the nameplate just read 'Sabres'.

Is that good? Brilliant? Lame?...if you saw me wearing it at a game, what would you say or think?

My opinion -- the word 'Sabres' is lame, since everyone (at least hockey fans) will know it's a Sabres jersey. Nothing wrong with 70 though (that's the number I went with, for the same reason).

Jersey nazi here. Here are my rules. That are enforced by a coalition of people i have hired to make sure that people don't do this ######.

1.) as far as putting your own personal number/name or combination on there. LAME. One notable exception is the guy who did the twist in 1993 was awarded a jersey by the team that was number 93. He may, for as long he lives, on any sabres jersey wear the number 93, as it was awarded to him by the organization.

2.) Putting a classic sabre player, on a new jersey. LAME. My cousin made this mistake. She got a (at the time alternate) home jersey, the current home one, and put LaFontaine on it. While I appreciate her effort LaFontaine never wore that jersey. Yeah, the logo is the 'same' but the jersey isn't. The stripping, the number on the front, even the font is different. To me that just screams terrible. If you're going to get Perreault or whoever else you gotta find a classic jersey with the right stripping from their era, else you're just lame.

3.) Anyone who puts Ennis, Kassian, or any player that isn't bonafied on the team for sure, made it, absolutely positive he won't be on the next bus to portland or juniors is just silly to me. I view this as a minor offense because players need support. And I appreciate people willing to throw in their lot with a player so fast, but I just can't justify it in my head.

Your safest bet for jerseys right now is either Blank, Miller or Vanek. Myers will likely be a safe bet but I think 57 is a terrible number. I really hope Kassian switches to 17 as 54 is just awful. Ennis' 63 is bad too. We have a couple defenseman with high numbers as well, unless it's 77 I am not a fan of defense with high numbers.

Seriously? There are jersey Nazi's? I thought they didn't exist. My bad. :oops:

Jersey nazi here. Here are my rules. That are enforced by a coalition of people i have hired to make sure that people don't do this ######.

1.) as far as putting your own personal number/name or combination on there. LAME. One notable exception is the guy who did the twist in 1993 was awarded a jersey by the team that was number 93. He may, for as long he lives, on any sabres jersey wear the number 93, as it was awarded to him by the organization.

2.) Putting a classic sabre player, on a new jersey. LAME. My cousin made this mistake. She got a (at the time alternate) home jersey, the current home one, and put LaFontaine on it. While I appreciate her effort LaFontaine never wore that jersey. Yeah, the logo is the 'same' but the jersey isn't. The stripping, the number on the front, even the font is different. To me that just screams terrible. If you're going to get Perreault or whoever else you gotta find a classic jersey with the right stripping from their era, else you're just lame.

3.) Anyone who puts Ennis, Kassian, or any player that isn't bonafied on the team for sure, made it, absolutely positive he won't be on the next bus to portland or juniors is just silly to me. I view this as a minor offense because players need support. And I appreciate people willing to throw in their lot with a player so fast, but I just can't justify it in my head.

Your safest bet for jerseys right now is either Blank, Miller or Vanek. Myers will likely be a safe bet but I think 57 is a terrible number. I really hope Kassian switches to 17 as 54 is just awful. Ennis' 63 is bad too. We have a couple defenseman with high numbers as well, unless it's 77 I am not a fan of defense with high numbers.

Listen here, jersey Nazi. I like to be able to spot my jersey Nazis real easy. So, in the spirit of Lt. Aldo Raines, who lead his team behind enemy lines and directly led to the downfall of Hitler and the the Third Reich, I'm gonna give you something you can't take off. Thus, I submit two avatars, one of which will be forced upon by whoever has the power to do that.

post-2498-030928000 1285914452_thumb.jpg

post-2498-009520800 1285914507_thumb.jpg

No. Sewn onto the nameplate. It's really well done, IMO.

That's good. I've seen some of the jerseys out here in Boston and the names are screened. It's absolutely pathetic and I hate that the NHL is putting out a product like that. Maybe that's the other jersey type that they sell online (I remember seeing 3 different kinds).

Archived