A queston for the jersey nazi's...

SDS

Jersey nazi here. Here are my rules. That are enforced by a coalition of people i have hired to make sure that people don't do this ######.

1.) as far as putting your own personal number/name or combination on there. LAME. One notable exception is the guy who did the twist in 1993 was awarded a jersey by the team that was number 93. He may, for as long he lives, on any sabres jersey wear the number 93, as it was awarded to him by the organization.

2.) Putting a classic sabre player, on a new jersey. LAME. My cousin made this mistake. She got a (at the time alternate) home jersey, the current home one, and put LaFontaine on it. While I appreciate her effort LaFontaine never wore that jersey. Yeah, the logo is the 'same' but the jersey isn't. The stripping, the number on the front, even the font is different. To me that just screams terrible. If you're going to get Perreault or whoever else you gotta find a classic jersey with the right stripping from their era, else you're just lame.

3.) Anyone who puts Ennis, Kassian, or any player that isn't bonafied on the team for sure, made it, absolutely positive he won't be on the next bus to portland or juniors is just silly to me. I view this as a minor offense because players need support. And I appreciate people willing to throw in their lot with a player so fast, but I just can't justify it in my head.

Your safest bet for jerseys right now is either Blank, Miller or Vanek. Myers will likely be a safe bet but I think 57 is a terrible number. I really hope Kassian switches to 17 as 54 is just awful. Ennis' 63 is bad too. We have a couple defenseman with high numbers as well, unless it's 77 I am not a fan of defense with high numbers.

Thanks for the advice, Nazi. I've been watching the Sabres since 1971, which I'm guessing is before you were born. Roger Crozier is the guy who started my lifelong love for the sport and the Sabres. I love the "New" road jersey, because it reminds me of the Aud jersey. I'll be acquiring a #1 Crozier in that style as soon as possible. Say what you want about this being a faux pas, but since this is a retro style jersey, I don't see a problem going with a retro player. Hey, at least I didn't put his name on a Goathead jersey!

3.) Anyone who puts Ennis, Kassian, or any player that isn't bonafied on the team for sure, made it, absolutely positive he won't be on the next bus to portland or juniors is just silly to me. I view this as a minor offense because players need support. And I appreciate people willing to throw in their lot with a player so fast, but I just can't justify it in my head.

What if you get one of those jerseys with the number 1 on it like they got when they were drafted? I'd get a good laugh if someone actually did that.

A quick note for anyone who might be looking at one of these. Jersey personalization is free for one day only right now at the NHL online store.

Hmmm ... and they've added the road authentics, too. Someone said earlier (wow, that's really lazy of me not to look back in the thread) that nhl.com just glues letters/numbers on rather than sews them. Is that for authentics, too, or just the premier (replica) jerseys?

Side note: I was disappointed to find out that the Sabres Store does not have authentic thirds or aways; just leftover 09-10 thirds (a.k.a. new homes.)

Hmmm ... and they've added the road authentics, too. Someone said earlier (wow, that's really lazy of me not to look back in the thread) that nhl.com just glues letters/numbers on rather than sews them. Is that for authentics, too, or just the premier (replica) jerseys?

Side note: I was disappointed to find out that the Sabres Store does not have authentic thirds or aways; just leftover 09-10 thirds (a.k.a. new homes.)

I had been checking with the Sabres store on the authentics and they kept saying to check back. I have a feeling that they got them today just like the website did. Anyway, the authentics through the website are fine. I bought the blue one when those were introduced and the numbers/name plate were glued and sown. I went with the authentic again today when I ordered a white Myers.

I had been checking with the Sabres store on the authentics and they kept saying to check back. I have a feeling that they got them today just like the website did.

The guy stocking the shelves today said that he didn't know when they would be getting the new homes or thirds authentics, but that he'd be happy to order one for me. I passed and it's a good thing that I did.

The guy stocking the shelves today said that he didn't know when they would be getting the new homes or thirds authentics, but that he'd be happy to order one for me. I passed and it's a good thing that I did.

It's funny. I sent an email to the NHL online store last night to ask when the authentics would become available online. This morning I got a reply saying that they have no idea and suggested that I check in on the page randomly. So just for the hell of it, I went to the website right after reading that. Maybe they thought I was asking about the new 3rd, because the white was available that second (it wasn't last night). I'm glad I checked because that free customization was a timely added bonus.

A quick note for anyone who might be looking at one of these. Jersey personalization is free for one day only right now at the NHL online store.

Nice catch... :thumbsup:

So, it is now or never (or until the next sale)... What to do, what to do... :unsure:

2.) Putting a classic sabre player, on a new jersey. LAME. My cousin made this mistake. She got a (at the time alternate) home jersey, the current home one, and put LaFontaine on it. While I appreciate her effort LaFontaine never wore that jersey. Yeah, the logo is the 'same' but the jersey isn't. The stripping, the number on the front, even the font is different. To me that just screams terrible. If you're going to get Perreault or whoever else you gotta find a classic jersey with the right stripping from their era, else you're just lame.

Based on your criteria, I meet your standards (circa 1975 Perreault jersey and circa 1993 LaFontaine jersey), but really I can't totally agree with this. Not that I fully disagree, because like the other poster said, putting a #1 Crozier (or a #4 Korab!) on a goat head jersey should maybe be a capital offense. I see where you're coming from, but I'm not one for putting too many rules on a sport people should enjoy. If folks want to shell out a couple of hundred bucks to show support for their team, they should be free to do just about whatever they'd like, within reason and good taste, with respect to their team jersey personalization and without being branded "lame." That includes putting "LaFontaine" on a new home white jersey. Yeah, it's not EXACTLY the uni he wore, but if one person is wearing it and another person is getting that picky with the details, say by closely scrutinizing the striping pattern, we have to start looking at which party is really the lame one. Again, I hear what you're saying, but that's just my take.

As for which name to get, my brother had a Rob Ray jersey back in the day and like the earlier poster said, obscure works. A Ray jersey isn't obscure to us, but when you take that thing to Disneyland or to a burger joint in Albuquerque, it works! It works even better when someone in Albuquerque actually knows who Rob Ray (or whoever) is and what the jersey means. And when that someone is a smokin' hot blonde chick...well, now I'm just being ridiculous.

This may break the Nazi rules, but I, like others, am tired of purchasing jerseys of players who disappear. I already have a home Miller (the 3rd from last year), but wanted a new roadie in the worst way.

Not going to give away what I did, but I'll post a pic when it arrives. Took advantage of the free customization offer yesterday ($55 savings!).

I think my "design" will put a smile on any longtime Sabres fan's face.

This may break the Nazi rules, but I, like others, am tired of purchasing jerseys of players who disappear. I already have a home Miller (the 3rd from last year), but wanted a new roadie in the worst way.

Not going to give away what I did, but I'll post a pic when it arrives. Took advantage of the free customization offer yesterday ($55 savings!).

I think my "design" will put a smile on any longtime Sabres fan's face.

Raffi Torres?

Funny. Hint -- it's not a player, and has nothing to do with me personally. Any old school Sabres fan will recognize it instantly, however. I'm sure the merits will be debated, but I'm going to be happy with it.

I thought maybe you were going with a Taro jersey ... actually, he wasn't a real player, so maybe you are.

Funny. Hint -- it's not a player, and has nothing to do with me personally. Any old school Sabres fan will recognize it instantly, however. I'm sure the merits will be debated, but I'm going to be happy with it.

You ordered it yesterday and I ordered mine. Let's play a little game and see who gets their jersey first. I've had very different results the few times I've ordered from them. I went with a Myers, so I'm guessing I'll get mine well ahead of you since they probably had a pile of those waiting to go out.

You ordered it yesterday and I ordered mine. Let's play a little game and see who gets their jersey first. I've had very different results the few times I've ordered from them. I went with a Myers, so I'm guessing I'll get mine well ahead of you since they probably had a pile of those waiting to go out.

My order status currently reflects a delivery window between 10/5 and 10/11.

Archived