Mancari resigned

static70

He's a cheap alternative to the Sabres, but if he's sent to Portland he's getting a big pay raise from last season....

Sabres re-sign Mancari to one year deal

Published on: 11th August, 2010 by Chris Roy

The Buffalo Sabres have re-signed forward Mark Mancari to a one-year, two way contract, according to Capgeek.com, that will see him receive a significant pay increase if he plays in Portland this upcoming season.

Link>>>>

I see Mancari as an affordable replacement to Grier. Its to bad he doesn't have a 2 way game like Grier does though <_<

He'll be the Line 3 RWer next season in my opinion. Get ready for that 10 goal 11 assist season :wallbash:

I see Mancari as an affordable replacement to Grier. Its to bad he doesn't have a 2 way game like Grier does though <_<

He'll be the Line 3 RWer next season in my opinion. Get ready for that 10 goal 11 assist season :wallbash:

He'll be a 1st liner, in Portland. Dude is 25.

To me, if he doesn't have the 2-way game like Grier, then he's not a replacement for Grier on the third line. If they are truly running a checking line, as they appear to be this year, then the first priority for those players should be defense.

I imagine Gerbe, Kassian, Adam, or maybe even Foligno will take his roster spot.

Lets hope one of them are ready. I saw no information on Adam or Foligno being ready or not, but I heard Lindy say Kassian has alot of work to do, so I'm guessing he's off to the minors for one more season before he ends in Portland.

To me, if he doesn't have the 2-way game like Grier, then he's not a replacement for Grier on the third line. If they are truly running a checking line, as they appear to be this year, then the first priority for those players should be defense.

It was sarcasm on my part carpandean, I don't really expect to see much of Mancari if at all in the Sabres lineup.

But I do wonder if Grier will resign for another season after this one if its a first round playoff exit again, I believe he left Buffalo last time because he saw the team wasn't headed in the right direction, the same can be said now, can't it?

But I do wonder if Grier will resign for another season after this one if its a first round playoff exit again, I believe he left Buffalo last time because he saw the team wasn't headed in the right direction, the same can be said now, can't it?

No. Grier joined the Sabres after they had missed the playoffs 2 years in a row. They then won their division, finished with over 100 pts, were #4 in the NHL in defense and #9 in offense. That is the right direction.

Everyone here, including me, wanted the Sabres to get a good forward in the offseason. It didn't happen. But they've added 2 guys in Niedermayer and Morrisonn who are tough SOBs and grownups. I expect them to have a positive impact on the young douchebags in the top 6. Either way, though, I don't see how anyone could claim the Sabres aren't heading in the right direction.

No. Grier joined the Sabres after they had missed the playoffs 2 years in a row. They then won their division, finished with over 100 pts, were #4 in the NHL in defense and #9 in offense. That is the right direction.

Everyone here, including me, wanted the Sabres to get a good forward in the offseason. It didn't happen. But they've added 2 guys in Niedermayer and Morrisonn who are tough SOBs and grownups. I expect them to have a positive impact on the young douchebags in the top 6. Either way, though, I don't see how anyone could claim the Sabres aren't heading in the right direction.

I don't see how anyone could claim that they are. Unless, of course, sideways is the right direction then yes, they are headed in the right direction.

I don't see how anyone could claim that they are. Unless, of course, sideways is the right direction then yes, they are headed in the right direction.

I concur. They have done nothing to help their offense, their PP, or to effectively replace Tallinder. (I don't consider Morrisonn nor Leopold an equal to Tallinder. Leopold = Lydman IMO. Morrisonn is a third tier defenseman.

Damn you nfreeman for ruining his point with factual information! God, I almost stop posting on here because I'm so tired of the negativity. Your theory is Grier left last time because the team wasn't heading in the right direction. Well he re signed this year so what does that say??

I concur. They have done nothing to help their offense, their PP, or to effectively replace Tallinder. (I don't consider Morrisonn nor Leopold an equal to Tallinder. Leopold = Lydman IMO. Morrisonn is a third tier defenseman.

It's far from a guarantee, but one possibility that is ignored a lot around here is that other people are going to get better. It's not what people want to hear, but it shouldn't be ignored.

Let's remember that Tallinder was a huge disappointment for 3 out of the 4 years of his last contract. The invective around here regarding Tallinder was at least as bad back then as it is now about TC and Stafford. Then, in his contract year, Tallinder gets paired with the Natural, and lo and behold he is reborn. I'm confident that by the 2nd half of this season, we'll consider Leopold an upgrade over Tallinder. I also think Leopold will help the PP and that Myers will continue to improve and will help the PP and the offense.

As for sideways -- we'll see. I am pretty confident that most of the following players are going to improve markedly over last year:

Stafford -- contract year

Vanek -- healthy

Ennis -- full-time

Niedermayer -- good on faceoffs, grownup, tough, size, and Cup experience -- will represent an improvement to last year's team

Rivet -- healthy

Myers -- transition from great rookie to great player

Sekera -- experience

In addition, I wouldn't be surprised if Gerbe showed something this year and I would like to see what TC can do in the playoffs if healthy.

Archived