Dump Darcy  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should DARCY be Fired

• Immediately
    • Wait to see what other deals he makes before the beginning of the season
    • Wait until after the first 20 Games
    • Never, I am a Darcy suck up.

Fair points.

But take the player out of the equation for a second...to pay a guy that kind of money after 1 year with limited productivity sets a bad precedent, especially after TK and his agent brought them to arbitration. I like TK as a player and don't want to see him go but he (or his agent) overvalued himself, probably due to the S. Buffalo connection and now he's paying for it.

I would agree with you if Regier was consistent about this, but he is not.... Connolly, Stafford, Kaleta, Guastad, Briere, and there are other names where DR has paid or has not paid for talent that should be considered overvalued in a hockey sense. That being said, the South Buffalo thing I believe more than makes up some of the difference in the financial value of Kennedy.

First we all want to lynch Darcy for putting together such a frail and undersized team, and now we want to lynch Darcy when he cuts one of the littlest of the little guys. Oh yeah, and on the same day he brings in a rock solid, tough, real Canadian defenseman in his prime for a very good price.

I don't know what all you haters expect. Darcy has made a lot of moves this offseason, and while none of them have been earth-moving, they have all resulted in improvements to a team that already has shown it can win the division. He added or kept experience and grit, shed two inconsistent defenders and replaced them with better guys for less money, sacked one of our midget forwards, locked up Lalime for peanuts, and got Kaleta signed for two more years at a fair price. These are all positives. Darcy has made this team bigger, grittier, and less European this year. Good for him.

First we all want to lynch Darcy for putting together such a frail and undersized team, and now we want to lynch Darcy when he cuts one of the littlest of the little guys. Oh yeah, and on the same day he brings in a rock solid, tough, real Canadian defenseman in his prime for a very good price.

I don't know what all you haters expect. Darcy has made a lot of moves this offseason, and while none of them have been earth-moving, they have all resulted in improvements to a team that already has shown it can win the division. He added or kept experience and grit, shed two inconsistent defenders and replaced them with better guys for less money, sacked one of our midget forwards, locked up Lalime for peanuts, and got Kaleta signed for two more years at a fair price. These are all positives. Darcy has made this team bigger, grittier, and less European this year. Good for him.

First off, I'm not a hater, but I do seriously dislike Darcy Regier's management style.

I have stated this over and over again, but let me restate here for you..............

I expect a Stanley Cup Championship as a fan from my team, the Buffalo Sabres, and I not only firmly believe, but fanatically insist that 13 years is "more" than ample time to achieve this. His tenure as the GM of the Buffalo Sabres with this length of time is nothing short of an utter and complete failure to this end.

There are no STANLEY CUPS for second place.

After listening to the interview, I still can't see this as a clear business decision... I don't buy this was not a threat, though I do see the market issue on his side of things. I just think he is misreading the local market value of TK, especially since he had not added an adequate center. But it sounds like DR thinks that the current crop of centers are strong for Buffalo.... LOL...

Also, TK has played both wings as well as center, I just can't see how the value is not there for Kennedy with the Sabres, especially after he cleared waivers.

For Those that didn't hear or see the link of Marcy, get a load of this crap: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/podcastplayer.htm?pid=16&iid=23829

Painful to listen to. "You have to make decisions..." Yeah, no kidding Darcy. I'm not sure losing Kennedy will have much impact overall, but it galls me that we have some grossly overpriced players at the "top" of the lineup (Connolly and Pommer in particular). Yet a local kid who plays with passion and heart gets cut over a couple hundred thousand dollars. Honestly, I can't for the life of me see how shuffling 3rd and 4th liners will make any impactful different this coming season.

Best of luck Timmy K!

What does ego have to do with it? He doesn't want to pay a kid who has 1 year of experience and 10 goals to his credit a million dollars...why is that so hard to accept..because he is from S. Buffalo? TK may love Buffalo but he went for the money probably based on the advice of his agent but that makes him the dumb one.

But for 3 or more years they paid Peters 500K a year(maybe even a little more) when he had no upside, no skills and no goals. Explain that away.

For Those that didn't hear or see the link of Marcy, get a load of this crap: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/podcastplayer.htm?pid=16&iid=23829

Well, the good news is that fans are now so angry that the new Sabres uniforms are probably going to be AWESOME... to distract the fans from Marcy Quinn lunacy. :thumbsup:

Well, the good news is that fans are now so angry that the new Sabres uniforms are probably going to be AWESOME... to distract the fans from Marcy Quinn lunacy. :thumbsup:

I want a TK version of the new uniform. LOL, it would be funny if everyone showed up with a TK jersey at one of the first games.

This............all.............day..............long.

People who try and say that Kennedy was expendable because Gerbe is more talented need not look any farther than this fact as proof that is not truth at all.

If were basing on conversation on Gerbe over Kennedy, he'd of spent the season with the Sabres not Kennedy.

That is a good point and perhaps "better player" wasn't the proper term to use. However I could point to the final two games of the playoffs, when the Sabres backs were against the wall, and the fact that Gerbe logged more ice time than Kennedy did in both games. It could be stated that Gerbe is a more valuable player in that he has a two way contract and can be sent down without clearing waivers and a higher offensive upside.

First off, I'm not a hater, but I do seriously dislike Darcy Regier's management style.

I have stated this over and over again, but let me restate here for you..............

I expect a Stanley Cup Championship as a fan from my team, the Buffalo Sabres, and I not only firmly believe, but fanatically insist that 13 years is "more" than ample time to achieve this. His tenure as the GM of the Buffalo Sabres with this length of time is nothing short of an utter and complete failure to this end.

There are no STANLEY CUPS for second place.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't think I have to enumerate the number of NHL teams that went from the cellar to Stanley Cup champs during the 12 years that Darcy has been at the helm of the Sabres. Why, if you would have told me five years ago that the Blackhawks would be the champs in 2010, I would have laughed out loud. So, Darcy juggled a couple of third/fourth liners and got a couple of defensemen who may be a slight improvement over last year's players. Please show me ONE area where the 40th Anniversary Buffalo Sabres team improves substantially over the 2009-2010 team. Anyone? I didn't think so.

You see, it's not about hating. I love the Sabres and I want them to do extremely well. But when the guys calling the shots perennially fall short of even providing the semblance of improvements to the team, something's gotta give. Plus, I think it is less of blaming Darcy for not making moves and more like no one wants to deal with the guy, be it agent, player or other GM. There is just an aura of mealiness about Darcy that gives me (and maybe everyone he has to deal with ) the willies.

Fair points.

But take the player out of the equation for a second...to pay a guy that kind of money after 1 year with limited productivity sets a bad precedent, especially after TK and his agent brought them to arbitration. I like TK as a player and don't want to see him go but he (or his agent) overvalued himself, probably due to the S. Buffalo connection and now he's paying for it.

You mean like keeping Stafford on the roster, and paying him 2.3 mill. a year for doing ###### all since his rookie season?

Darcy should've been gone years ago. This is just another of his moronic moves.

This............all.............day..............long.

People who try and say that Kennedy was expendable because Gerbe is more talented need not look any farther than this fact as proof that is not truth at all.

If were basing on conversation on Gerbe over Kennedy, he'd of spent the season with the Sabres not Kennedy.

Is Neidermeyer better then Kennedy? I don't think Gerbe makes the team.

Perhaps Gerbe is the 13th forward from Portland and they keep 2 extra Dmen? In a pinch they can play with 7. Or maybe they offer Kennedy a 500k two way deal and he ends up with the 650k they offered him to begin with.

Kennedy isn't coming back, at all. The team is moving beyond this, or, should I say, Darcy is moving beyond this. Kennedy will be attempting to join a different club, but I suspect it will be in the AHL.

Kennedy isn't coming back, at all. The team is moving beyond this, or, should I say, Darcy is moving beyond this. Kennedy will be attempting to join a different club, but I suspect it will be in the AHL.

Interesting there all this talk is over a player who will end up in the AHL.

That was disgusting. Darcy blame deflection strategy:

1) CYA by pointing out you made a qualifying offer and there was a "process," check!

2) Shift blame to TK (TK chose arbitration, we negotiated with TK up to the deadline) check!

3) Remind everyone that you HAVE made moves this off season, check!

4) Blame the CBA/Arbitrator for your lack of negotiation and decision making abilities, check and check!

5) Blame your boss that he gave you a budget that is 10-20% under the cap, check!

6) Compare your strategy to the cup champions, no matter how much they actually differ, check!

7) Blame TK for playing left wing, check! (man, I am starting to hate that TK guy!)

8) Talk about developing from within (young guys pushing from Portland), check!

9) Make the argument that having a lot of forwards (do NOT specify if they are any good, or if they will play primarily in Portland) is a good reason to cut a quality prospect and NHL rookie, check!

10) Tie your biggest off-season acquisition to cutting TK, check!

11) Convince people this was not personal, (hey, I'm gonna help him find a job, but I just won't give one to him because of 200K), TBD

12) Don't mention you had to buy him out because you're unable to pull off a top 3 trade in this league and you tend overpay underperforming forwards, check!

It sounds like they spent a lot of time at the white board coming up with this BS last night. As someone who negotiates for a living, this guy is a snake oil salesmen, and not a very good one. After he is fired, he should get into politics...

Interesting there all this talk is over a player who will end up in the AHL.

Don't get me wrong Lanny, I was no fan of Kennedy as a player for the Sabres. 26 points and getting knocked around the way he did really doesn't leave a positive impression on me. Nope, I merely wanted the Sabres to get a Draft pick for him in the 3rd or 4th rd range. If that meant keeping him at a million and waiting for the opportunity (even throughout the season) to make that happen, its worth more then spending a 3rd of that money just to let him walk.

I believe this was an idiots mistake on Regiers part. Just poor business, not to mention, I too see negative PR locally for a club that is barely making money (according to the organization, which probably isn't far from the truth).

I do believe he will end up in the AHL and I believe Regier should be fired for making no moves to rid the team of Stafford and bring Roy and Vanek a RW worth a dam, with or with out Kennedy involved.

Archived