North Buffalo

Dump Darcy  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should DARCY be Fired

• Immediately
    • Wait to see what other deals he makes before the beginning of the season
    • Wait until after the first 20 Games
    • Never, I am a Darcy suck up.

I prefer the teams I support make player decisions based on hockey ability rather than PR or where the player is from.

But according to speculation and analysis on this board, it was the result of a pet peeve and I would agree with you if what you stated was true, but there is no indication of that. Lacking that, the handling of a hometown kid should be done with some class. Darcy IMO has none and given the problems the Sabres have, TK, was not really one of them. The Tin Man and the cowardly Lion (Stafford) are more of the problem. But, hey that has already been stated.

Not that I disagree with you, but to call a presser for a 3rd line waiving? My fingers are crossed nfreeman, and it is nice to see all of this activity and chatter from the fan base on multiple sites, it just shows me how hopeful we all are and it feels good to see this many fans get a little excited. Just my thoughts is all, and I would be dissappointed in the club if its all on the money side, I personally don't believe letting Kennedy go was a smart move if no move is coming, depth is already an issue and with this teams injury history of late, I would hate to see it thin out even more is all.

The kid is from Buffalo and more popular than his stats warrant, the message boards and radio call-in shows are up in arms, the team is probably on the verge of buying out its 1st player post-lockout and you are seriously wondering WHY the team is holding a press conference? :huh:

This is NOT your ordinary 3rd liner being let go story. The term, most likely, is "damage control."

What a bunch of nonsense. BTW, Darcy and co are not going anywhere anytime soon. Everyone is all warm and cuddly in the front office with one another.

Ah, one of the Marcy toe suckers responds. So, lets make them not so warm and cuddly. A poll like this can help and better yet if the locker room becomes poison as a result then maybe there is a shot at getting rid of this bum and Quinn to boot.

The kid is from Buffalo and more popular than his stats warrant, the message boards and radio call-in shows are up in arms, the team is probably on the verge of buying out its 1st player post-lockout and you are seriously wondering WHY the team is holding a press conference? :huh:

This is NOT your ordinary 3rd liner being let go story. The term, most likely, is "damage control."

Agreed and if Marcy had any kind of brain or PR sense he should have known this would happen. I am not commenting on TK's ability. This is just a dumb, poorly handled maneuver.

Yep. All you have to do is look on this site and see that there are over 200 people on it on a Tuesday in the summer to know that this is true.

Yes, actually, I am wondering why they would hold this presser. If it was nothing not to pay the kid an extra 200k to 300k for one season, yet sign Morrisonn to just over 2m (which appears to be roughly 400k to high according to fans from Wash.) then why would it really be necessary for any damage control on this, local boy or not?

Kennedy was no big loss offensively to the organization according to his stats and many fans point to the hit in the playoff season as an indicator that he was no more or less significant to the team as a whole, so once again, why would it be necessary to hold a presser specifically for him? I think they will discuss the signing of Morrisonn as stocking up the on the D as well as Kennedy's situation, but I am hopeful Taro they have some move to announce as well.

But according to speculation and analysis on this board, it was the result of a pet peeve and I would agree with you if what you stated was true, but there is no indication of that. Lacking that, the handling of a hometown kid should be done with some class. Darcy IMO has none and given the problems the Sabres have, TK, was not really one of them. The Tin Man and the cowardly Lion (Stafford) are more of the problem. But, hey that has already been stated.

The indication would be that they waived him and utilized the money to sign a separate player. Therefore a hockey move. The original post stated that this was a stupid move because Kennedy represented Buffalo and it would create poor PR fallout. I think it's refreshing that PR be damned the move that makes this hockey team better was made.

Yes, actually, I am wondering why they would hold this presser. If it was nothing not to pay the kid an extra 200k to 300k for one season, yet sign Morrisonn to just over 2m (which appears to be roughly 400k to high according to fans from Wash.) then why would it really be necessary for any damage control on this, local boy or not?

Kennedy was no big loss offensively to the organization according to his stats and many fans point to the hit in the playoff season as an indicator that he was no more or less significant to the team as a whole, so once again, why would it be necessary to hold a presser specifically for him? I think they will discuss the signing of Morrisonn as stocking up the on the D as well as Kennedy's situation, but I am hopeful Taro they have some move to announce as well.

If this was just about Kennedy, I agree, I would think DR would Duck and that would probably be the best strategy. But if he has lost his mind, maybe he thinks he can handle the uproar. IMO, I think it just stokes the flames...

He would be better off doing something in a couple of weeks as part of a carefully controlled preview after tempers have settled down. ?Maybe he is announcing his resignation?

The indication would be that they waived him and utilized the money to sign a separate player. Therefore a hockey move. The original post stated that this was a stupid move because Kennedy represented Buffalo and it would create poor PR fallout. I think it's refreshing that PR be damned the move that makes this hockey team better will be made.

I don't see how. The Sabres have plenty of Cap space and I don't see how this makes the team better??? Like I have stated, the Sabres have plenty of other problem players and TK as was not what I considered one of them, hence why this doesn't seem like a good PR or good hockey move unless the Sabres are going to land a #1 Center.

Yet, this was still poorly handled if all that is true. PS, Ignore PR at your own peril, it can make or break a business or political career, especially when the product has flaws that are not being addressed.

Ah, one of the Marcy toe suckers responds. So, lets make them not so warm and cuddly. A poll like this can help and better yet if the locker room becomes poison as a result then maybe there is a shot at getting rid of this bum and Quinn to boot.

This poll will do nothing and for the record I'm not a fan of the current regime.

I don't see how. The Sabres have plenty of Cap space and I don't see how this makes the team better??? Like I have stated, the Sabres have plenty of other problem players and TK as was not what I considered one of them, hence why this doesn't seem like a good PR or good hockey move unless the Sabres are going to land a #1 Center.

Yet, this was still poorly handled if all that is true. PS, Ignore PR at your own peril, it can make or break a business or political career, especially when the product has flaws that are not being addressed.

They obtained a better player and have Gerbe, also a better player, to replace Kennedy as a forward. Also, I know no one likes to hear it, but the Sabres are a team that operates with an internal cap. Under which they are currently spending, depending on Morrison's contract, approx 2 million more than last year.

They obtained a better player and have Gerbe, also a better player, to replace Kennedy as a forward. Also, I know no one likes to hear it, but the Sabres are a team that operates with an internal cap. Under which they are currently spending, depending on Morrison's contract, approx 2 million more than last year.

If Gerbe is the better player, than why was he in Portland all year, while Kennedy who turned pro at the same time spent the year in Buffalo? :doh:

If Gerbe is the better player, than why was he in Portland all year, while Kennedy who turned pro at the same time spent the year in Buffalo? :doh:

This............all.............day..............long.

People who try and say that Kennedy was expendable because Gerbe is more talented need not look any farther than this fact as proof that is not truth at all.

If were basing on conversation on Gerbe over Kennedy, he'd of spent the season with the Sabres not Kennedy.

Yep, you were making me think for a while there til the Gerbe comment... sorry, lost me there .

...by Kennedy's agent. Got greedy and got burned.

If true, then both were dumb, still two wrongs don't make a right and Kennedy only got $300. You can't eat PO'd and if Darcy's ego got in the way because of what some dumb agent did then he is dumber than I thought.

...by Kennedy's agent. Got greedy and got burned.

I don't know how you can say the agent got greedy and got burned. Kennedy took the arbitration offer (a very reasonable offer), Darcy did not. A $200K negotiation delta for a rookie that scored 10g while playing a defensive role should be a no-brainer. Especially when you are paying Gaustad $2.5MM to be a forth line center that isn't able to do anything but take faceoffs. Hell, our second line center (Tinman) can't take faceoffs, stay healthy, or show up for the playoffs and he got a huge raise from Darcy last year.

If true, then both were dumb, still two wrongs don't make a right and Kennedy only got $300. You can't eat PO'd and if Darcy's ego got in the way because of what some dumb agent did then he is dumber than I thought.

What does ego have to do with it? He doesn't want to pay a kid who has 1 year of experience and 10 goals to his credit a million dollars...why is that so hard to accept..because he is from S. Buffalo? TK may love Buffalo but he went for the money probably based on the advice of his agent but that makes him the dumb one.

What does ego have to do with it? He doesn't want to pay a kid who has 1 year of experience and 10 goals to his credit a million dollars...why is that so hard to accept..because he is from S. Buffalo? TK may love Buffalo but he went for the money probably based on the advice of his agent but that makes him the dumb one.

The Sabres throw more than $200 thousand, the reported difference, which is less than the buy-out option, in their sleep. How else is this about Darcy dropping his drawers to make sure he still has something hanging.

The money, not buying it. Darcy couldn't take it even though as others have stated TK gave the Sabres more than Stafford and in the Playoffs more than the Tin Man.

Plus, the South Buffalo stuff counts for something. Kennedy, I guarantee makes up more $200,000 in profit for the Sabres in merchandise sales of his Jersey from South Buffalo alone.

If it were actually about money, Darcy needs to fire his accountant, I am not buying it as a business decision.

The Sabres throw more than $200 thousand, the reported difference, which is less than the buy-out option, in their sleep. How else is this about Darcy dropping his drawers to make sure he still has something hanging.

The money, not buying it. Darcy couldn't take it even though as others have stated TK gave the Sabres more than Stafford and in the Playoffs more than the Tin Man.

Plus, the South Buffalo stuff counts for something. Kennedy, I guarantee makes up more $200,000 in profit for the Sabres in merchandise sales of his Jersey from South Buffalo alone.

If it were actually about money, Darcy needs to fire his accountant, I am not buying it as a business decision.

Tweet says Kennedy put the team over projected budget.

Thats it for me.............VOTE CHANGE COMING................FIRE HIM NOW!

If it's ego, it's probably Quinn's ego and not Regier's.

Fair points.

But take the player out of the equation for a second...to pay a guy that kind of money after 1 year with limited productivity sets a bad precedent, especially after TK and his agent brought them to arbitration. I like TK as a player and don't want to see him go but he (or his agent) overvalued himself, probably due to the S. Buffalo connection and now he's paying for it.

Archived