North Buffalo

Dump Darcy  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should DARCY be Fired

• Immediately
    • Wait to see what other deals he makes before the beginning of the season
    • Wait until after the first 20 Games
    • Never, I am a Darcy suck up.

I couldn't wait. This has been intimated on other threads this summer that we should do this, but I was going to give DR the benefit of the doubt. However, his maneuver on Tim Kennedy is just stupid. No TK is not the be all end all. But his hustle represents Buffalo well. So DR lost a little in arbitration to TK, big deal, get over it. The PR fallout from this won't be good for the Sabres.

This is a classic what :censored:were you thinking :wallbash:PR move on Regier's part.

Now the bar is raised. If the Sabres don't win the Cup, they should scrap the whole regime in my opinion, but with DR, I have lost any patience. So vote now and often and vote the correct way.

P.S. For you novices, the above statement is called "Push Polling."

I chose the "wait and see for the rest of the Summer" option because I am generally sick of Darcy and if nothing else happens, he has failed once again. BUT, this move makes so little sense that something else (no, not Morrisonn) has to be coming. I want to know what that is before firing him, but it will have to be big (e.g., Savard) for me to change my opinion.

Rumors are flowing now that Darcy is to announce a trade at the presser. I am reading this on multiple forums now.

And it makes sense, but it is merely Rumors and Speculation at this point.

I vote the "Wait to see what other deals he makes before the beginning of the season".

But I reserve the right to change my vote following this press conference. :rolleyes:

Rumors are flowing now that Darcy is to announce a trade at the presser. I am reading this on multiple forums now.

I vote the "Wait to see what other deals he makes before the beginning of the season".

But I reserve the right to change my vote following this press conference. :rolleyes:

Same here, but as long as Quinn thinks of himself as a hockey man, it won't matter who is named GM.

Not doubting this is true, but could you provide a few sites?

Not doubting this is true, but could you provide a few sites?

Yeah, static, where are you seeing this? I only visit one rumor site -- Spector -- and he has nothing. The only other rumor site I know of is unreliable (e5), so if you could give me more options, I'd love to see what you're looking at.

I voted immediately, but only because you didn't include "last year". I think you'll find that most here wish that Darcy wasn't the GM of the Buffalo Sabres any longer, which should come as a surprise to the "everyone else is supporting the status quo" crowd. However, most posters here I believe are realists who know that short of a 2-20 start that some posters are openly wishing for, Darcy and Lindy are the GM and coach for 2010-2011. Also, as someone else pointed out, who really thinks another GM hand picked by Larry Quinn is going to be much different from Darcy?

I chose the "wait and see for the rest of the Summer" option because I am generally sick of Darcy and if nothing else happens, he has failed once again. BUT, this move makes so little sense that something else (no, not Morrisonn) has to be coming. I want to know what that is before firing him, but it will have to be big (e.g., Savard) for me to change my opinion.

This. I'm not holding my breath for Savard or anything similar, but I generally try to be patient after such a head-scratching move.

Yeah, static, where are you seeing this? I only visit one rumor site -- Spector -- and he has nothing. The only other rumor site I know of is unreliable (e5), so if you could give me more options, I'd love to see what you're looking at.

Just posted a couple of the sites, theres also http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?&forumid=210

And I'm sure if you kept on looking at forums, you'll see the rumors and speculation flying, as I stated, thats all it is right now.

And by the fans, not by the media. So, there is obviously alot of anticipation and hope that something will come of this.

Guest Sloth

Can we at least hear the press conference before we burn the place down? Let's hope it's part of a bigger move.

Very good point. :thumbsup:

I'll admit my initially reaction involved a lot of anger. But if Darcy has a LEGITIMATE player coming to Buffalo, I'll be perfectly fine with it. If this player is one of the premier players in the NHL, I'll be ecstatic. If this player is merely above average, I will be angry once again. If this is some type of stupid message to RFA's about his thoughts on arbitration, I can't even express how mad I'd be.

Static -- the only reason "rumors are flowing" is that a bunch of fans on message boards with unrealistic expectations are saying "maybe DR will announce a trade at the PC.". That's nt how trades get announced in the NHL and it's not how DR operates.

A trade may indeed happen, but there won't be anything announced at the PC. My guess is that the Kennedy waiver was a hockey/budget decision, as was the Morrissonn signing. No more, no less.

And it makes sense, but it is merely Rumors and Speculation

So a bunch of hysterical Sabres fans are clamoring on message boards that a trade is in the works...sounds like nothing is going to happen to me.

Static -- the only reason "rumors are flowing" is that a bunch of fans on message boards with unrealistic expectations are saying "maybe DR will announce a trade at the PC.". That's nt how trades get announced in the NHL and it's not how DR operates.

A trade may indeed happen, but there won't be anything announced at the PC. My guess is that the Kennedy waiver was a hockey/budget decision, as was the Morrissonn signing. No more, no less.

If Tim Kennedy was from Minnesota, no one would be getting their panties in a bunch.

He was pretty highly rated in May when we did the polls. But there may not be room for him anymore with the Niedermayer signing.

I couldn't wait. This has been intimated on other threads this summer that we should do this, but I was going to give DR the benefit of the doubt. However, his maneuver on Tim Kennedy is just stupid. No TK is not the be all end all. But his hustle represents Buffalo well. So DR lost a little in arbitration to TK, big deal, get over it. The PR fallout from this won't be good for the Sabres.

This is a classic what :censored:were you thinking :wallbash:PR move on Regier's part.

Now the bar is raised. If the Sabres don't win the Cup, they should scrap the whole regime in my opinion, but with DR, I have lost any patience. So vote now and often and vote the correct way.

P.S. For you novices, the above statement is called "Push Polling."

I prefer the teams I support make player decisions based on hockey ability rather than PR or where the player is from.

Not that I disagree with you, but to call a presser for a 3rd line waiving? My fingers are crossed nfreeman, and it is nice to see all of this activity and chatter from the fan base on multiple sites, it just shows me how hopeful we all are and it feels good to see this many fans get a little excited. Just my thoughts is all, and I would be dissappointed in the club if its all on the money side, I personally don't believe letting Kennedy go was a smart move if no move is coming, depth is already an issue and with this teams injury history of late, I would hate to see it thin out even more is all.

I couldn't wait. This has been intimated on other threads this summer that we should do this, but I was going to give DR the benefit of the doubt. However, his maneuver on Tim Kennedy is just stupid. No TK is not the be all end all. But his hustle represents Buffalo well. So DR lost a little in arbitration to TK, big deal, get over it. The PR fallout from this won't be good for the

What a bunch of nonsense. BTW, Darcy and co are not going anywhere anytime soon. Everyone is all warm and cuddly in the front office with one another.

If Tim Kennedy was from Minnesota, no one would be getting their panties in a bunch.

Agreed, but he is not and that is my point. This is a stupid maneuver, whatever the reason....

Like when Bush announced "Mission Accomplished" or Al Gore said "I invented the internet," or Sarah Palin said she couldn't remember "which newspapers she read," or Clinton said, "I did not have sex with that woman."

Sorry, former and sometime now political junkie. I tried to cover both sides, though.

Ah, Sports - Tthe Labron James move to Miami PR debacle... the worst handled announcement ever including the whole process leading up to the announcement....

Labron should immediately fired his PR team.

Archived