North Buffalo

Dump Darcy  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should DARCY be Fired

• Immediately
    • Wait to see what other deals he makes before the beginning of the season
    • Wait until after the first 20 Games
    • Never, I am a Darcy suck up.

The press conference proved that overall it had nothing to do with Kennedy. He was the sacrificial lamb for Status Quo and their 2010-2011 war cry "The Internal Budget." They picked out Kennedy because he was not their own draft pick, he is popular and is from Buffalo. By doing this to Kennedy they have taken the focus off of the real problem, their own incompetence.

Or it proved he is an average hockey player that no other team in the league felt was worth a million dollars either.

The "internal budget" excuse gets tiring... it's just a way for Darcy to pass the buck for his own incompetence. Down here in Nashville they've had a much lower budget (a smaller percentage of the salary cap) for years yet still manage to sign good hockey players and put a playoff team on the ice year after year (although the Preds always seem to lose in the first round).

Anyone remember the fiasco from a few years ago when Darcy signed everyone to one year contracts then had to let JP Dumont walk for free when the Sabres lost most of the ensuing arbitration rulings? JP has had a pretty nice career in Nashville.

Darcy bungles contract negotiations repeatedly. In any other bottom-line business he would have already been fired. Yet, still the Sabres plod along with this clown at the helm.

Now I'm really amused. Someone's actually suggesting that the Sabres need to follow the Preds model of management to lead the way to success.

Tim Kennedy was a fringe player last year. He didn't show any more (and probably less) than Clarke McArthur did during his time here. Get over the fact he is from south buffalo, he is not worth 1 million a year. He played hardball and lost.

On another note, Darcy has done a decent job during his tenure here. We won the NE division title last year, and the team is still young and growing. Let's see where it goes before we get our panties all up in a bunch.

Tim Kennedy was a fringe player last year. He didn't show any more (and probably less) than Clarke McArthur did during his time here. Get over the fact he is from south buffalo, he is not worth 1 million a year. He played hardball and lost.

On another note, Darcy has done a decent job during his tenure here. We won the NE division title last year, and the team is still young and growing. Let's see where it goes before we get our panties all up in a bunch.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BWAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAHAHA!!!!

No, Ryan Miller won the NE division, little though it matters.

Young and growing? So who's young then? Roy (27), Pominville (27), Connolly (29), Vanek (26) or Miller (30)?

Save for Stafford, Myers, and the Portland kids (Ennis, Butler, Gerbe), this team is either way over the hill like Rivet, or well in their prime as far as hockey players go.

Yet not a single one of the "core", improved their numbers from the 08-09 season, except Connolly who managed to play 30 extra games in the 09-10 season.

And this is in a year where they won that NE division title everyone seems to think is so important?

Sorry, but this team is not "young", and it's definitely not "growing". They just happened to have both a Vezina and a Calder winner on the team last season.

I have seen where this goes - 8th to 12th unless Miller can win another Vezina.

You mean the team WAS young and growing, until Sabre management policy changed to keeping overpaid veterans and letting go "young and growing" talent because they "can't afford them" within their "financial structure".

No, Ryan Miller won the NE division, little though it matters.

I see this point alot here. Didn't Darcy show about 8 years of patience with Miller for development. Why doesn't he count if we are talking about this. Does Brodeur not count for L. Lamirello.

I see this point alot here. Didn't Darcy show about 8 years of patience with Miller for development. Why doesn't he count if we are talking about this. Does Brodeur not count for L. Lamirello.

He didn't have a choice, as Marty Biron never became what Regier expected him to become.

Miller was never expected to be the "franchise goalie". Biron was intended to take over from Hasek.

As things turned out though, entering the post-lockout season, Darcy had one choice - Hope either Miller or Biron would grab the starting job and run with it, which Miller did.

I don't see how he was being particularly patient with him, seeing as he only ever had two stints in the NHL before securing a permanent starting job. The first one a reasonable showing of 15 games in 02-03, the second an abysmal showing of 3 games the next season.

So in other words, Miller had 18 games of NHL experience over the course of 3 years before grabbing the starters job. I'd say, short of grabbing it from day 1, you can't expect much more?

But yeah, I guess we can give Darcy some credit for Ryan Miller. I'm just not overly impressed with soft teams that rely solely on their goaltender to be succesful.

Since Darcy doesn't sound like he is going to sign a front line center before the start of the season, though you never know with the pressure that he needs to win and win now may force his hand, the current Poll results for those of you who cannot read has a plurality in favor of getting rid of Darcy before the beginning of the season. Over 75%. By those numbers, even Capitol Hill could avoid a filibuster. The problem is it appears that ownership is non-responsive.

Well hopefully I am wrong and the Sabres somehow find a way to win the Cup in my lifetime, but this is getting old.

Gleason may have nailed it, but what does that say about the Sabres management if Darcy is just a Stool for ownership and why should we ever think the Sabres will make an honest effort at the cup?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/bucky-gleason/article92102.ece

Still the hypocrisy abounds and screwing a hometown boy is going to hurt the Sabres bottom line. Dumb... Dumb... Dumb.

I'm just not overly impressed with soft teams that rely solely on their goaltender to be succesful.

Bingo. I was watching the Buffalo-Carolina game 7 in which they were up 2-1 going into the third. They let an oldtimer like Brind-amour beat them. And this past year Recchi and Satan made the Sabres look like monkeys.

Even when they're lucky enough to get to the height of things, they're a bunch of pussies. The personality of the team is an extension of Darcy's personality: high on talent, low on character. He just wants to make some vague Al Arbour-like team out of everyone's failed and soft #1 draft choices.

Muckler had the right idea by stacking hard-ass players like Peca, Barnaby, Ray and all those scrappy guys that no one liked to play against. He said their personalities represented the city well and I don't think Darcy gets what Buffalo is all about, except being cheap.

Archived