[OT] For those that hate the City of Boston.

deluca67

The Bruins lost a seven game series after being up 3 games to none. The Celtics are half way there. Losing two games after being up 3 games to none. This would be historic if the Magic can come all the way back. They do have game seven at home.

The Bruins lost a seven game series after being up 3 games to none. The Celtics are half way there. Losing two games after being up 3 games to none. This would be historic if the Magic can come all the way back. They do have game seven at home.

Since it has never been done in basketball, it would be historic anyway but happening twice in the same year to this city, that would be something.

Since it has never been done in basketball, it would be historic anyway but happening twice in the same year to this city, that would be something Buffalo-esque.

Improved it..

To me, it says something about the "Character" of the NBA and its basketball players that a team has never ever come back from 0-3...

Yeah, but what does it say? That they don't have enough "character" to come back? Or that they do have the "character" to finish the deal and close the lesser team out EVERY TIME?

It's the nature of the sport. The team with the best players wins WAY more often in hoops because the best players are out there almost the entire game and have the ball in their hands almost all the time. The best players in hockey play half the game at best, and how much of that time do they actually have the puck? Also, home-court advantage is a bigger factor because the refs ARE influenced, it's just human nature, and they make 50-60 foul calls a night compared to a handful of penalties in hockey. It's not just a couple 3-0 comebacks, I would bet there are FAR more 3-1 comebacks in the NHL than the NBA. I don't think it has anything to do with "character."

I'm watching this one closely. As a Yankees fan, I was sticking it to some Boston fans after the Bruins choked, but it might hit them even more if the Celtics did the same thing.

IF it happens, I still don't think the Bruins and Celtics "combined choke job" would hurt as much as if the Red Sox blew a 3-0 lead.

Yeah, but what does it say? That they don't have enough "character" to come back? Or that they do have the "character" to finish the deal and close the lesser team out EVERY TIME?

It's the nature of the sport. The team with the best players wins WAY more often in hoops because the best players are out there almost the entire game and have the ball in their hands almost all the time. The best players in hockey play half the game at best, and how much of that time do they actually have the puck? Also, home-court advantage is a bigger factor because the refs ARE influenced, it's just human nature, and they make 50-60 foul calls a night compared to a handful of penalties in hockey. It's not just a couple 3-0 comebacks, I would bet there are FAR more 3-1 comebacks in the NHL than the NBA. I don't think it has anything to do with "character."

yeah, a bunch of pituitary cases stuffing a ball in a hoop. what a great sport. :doh:

###### Boston!

If there ever was a city of sports fans who deserve it more it's Boston. These are fans who cry "woe-is-me" after every loss forgetting they have won 6 championships in the last decade. The karma gods will reward them for their gluttony.

The only downside is that the Celtics and Bruins are a distant #3 and #4 in their minds. Once it happens they will just forget about it and focus on the Sox. For it to really hurt the Sox need to choke a 3-0 lead to the Yankees, or do that in the World Series.

PTR

yeah, a bunch of pituitary cases stuffing a ball in a hoop. what a great sport. doh.gif

Didn't say it was a great sport. I think the NBA is basically unwatchable. But what does that have to do with your assertion that no one coming back from a 3-0 deficit (or blowing a 3-0 lead, depending on how you look at it) in a series a matter of "character?"

If there ever was a city of sports fans who deserve it more it's Boston. These are fans who cry "woe-is-me" after every loss forgetting they have won 6 championships in the last decade. The karma gods will reward them for their gluttony.

The only downside is that the Celtics and Bruins are a distant #3 and #4 in their minds. Once it happens they will just forget about it and focus on the Sox. For it to really hurt the Sox need to choke a 3-0 lead to the Yankees, or do that in the World Series.

PTR

4 college hockey national championships too.

And one slight correction. The Bruins and Celtics are not a distant #3 and #4. The Bruins, Celtics, AND Patriots are a distant 2-4. Only one team matters here regardless of whether they're winning or losing.

4 college hockey national championships too.

And one slight correction. The Bruins and Celtics are not a distant #3 and #4. The Bruins, Celtics, AND Patriots are a distant 2-4. Only one team matters here regardless of whether they're winning or losing.

You'd know better than me, but the impression I get is that whoever is winning at the time is a clear-cut #1 and everyone else is a distant 2-4. I didn't hear a lot from Sawx fans even when they won the Wild Card last year.

You'd know better than me, but the impression I get is that whoever is winning at the time is a clear-cut #1 and everyone else is a distant 2-4. I didn't hear a lot from Sawx fans even when they won the Wild Card last year.

Whoever is winning among the lesser 3 will get more attention. Beyond that, it's always Red Sox. Hearing "Yankees Suck" chants at the random concert or other event makes that pretty obvious (and on that note, the inferiority complex of most fans around here is hilarious to watch).

To me, it says something about the "Character" of the NBA and its basketball players that a team has never ever come back from 0-3...

That seriously comes across as a racist statement. The nature of the game of basketball has more to do with it (ie: one player has a much larger impact on a team than in any other sport) than the character of the players.

I could not wish a better fate than that upon the fans in the city of Boston.

yeah, a bunch of pituitary cases stuffing a ball in a hoop. what a great sport. :doh:

Uh-oh, sounds like someone's out of shape and can't hit the broad side of a barn with a shovel full of BB's... that's too bad. :rolleyes:

That seriously comes across as a racist statement.

are you insane? :blink:

and shrader hit the nail on the head. the city and teams are quite likable, but the typical masshole fan takes all enjoyment out of local sports for the non-natives.

aren't there any basketball haters out there? hockey fans are supposed to hate basketball. :nana:

Lol...

I actually have always enjoyed Basketball, although the turn of the Century was tough on the League. Maybe it's because I live in an NBA city now, but the Magic truly are enjoyable to watch. They also do TONS of charity work and are very personable and out going.

The Magic are lucky to have very high character players on their team I suppose, but they are very easy to route for.

My only beef with the game itself is the officiating. The refs tend to like to "be involved" in the game a little too much.

Never heard of Hockey fans not liking Basketball, though. :blink:

Archived