[OT] For those that hate the City of Boston.

deluca67

Well, I've seen plenty of unacceptable behavior at the Ralph over the years.

This is likely true at any NFL stadium anywhere - which is one of the reasons pro football is best watched on TV. Shrader is talking about a pervasive regional attitude here in New England which goes way beyond mere chauvanism toward their team. Too many fans are ungracious winners and the worst bandwagon jumpers (both on and off) you'll ever see anywhere.

aren't there any basketball haters out there? hockey fans are supposed to hate basketball. :nana:

Right here. I'm a BB hater! Here are my reasons: Way too many timeouts, free throws are boring, fouls are nonstop and I really dislike the image of the sport; ie Rap music, everyone has a posse and gangbanger wannabes make up like 90% of the league.

HOCKEY RULES!!!

Right here. I'm a BB hater! Here are my reasons: Way too many timeouts, free throws are boring, fouls are nonstop and I really dislike the image of the sport; ie Rap music, everyone has a posse and gangbanger wannabes make up like 90% of the league.

HOCKEY RULES!!!

Anyone else feel really uncomfortable reading that?

Never heard of Hockey fans not liking Basketball, though. :blink:

OK, the first thing I hate about basketball...Gary Bettman.

What other things? the gangsta atttitude. the big bucks. the basket is too low: it's like me tossing a a wad of paper in a trash can. What else? Well you can find it in this post:

http://boards.ign.com/teh_vestibule/b5296/184819677/r184820685/

I'm confused about the "Gangsta Attitude" thing. Is it because of the Tattoo's or something?? Do you honestly think Hockey players don't listen to Rap music and sport tats??? Seriously, Pommers wears a gold necklace... just sayin. :rolleyes:

are you insane? blink.gif

and shrader hit the nail on the head. the city and teams are quite likable, but the typical masshole fan takes all enjoyment out of local sports for the non-natives.

Methinks that in general New England is a nurturer of very high quality of life!

To be sure, Boston is the center or hub of the sports Universe - the successful track record speaks for itself!

Western New York is a top notch sports haven/incubator and despite the post Rust belt development growing pains quality of life is at the forefront of

regional growth.

Fans here or there are world class to the extent that they manage the irrationally exhuberant in their respective midsts - a tall order at times!

Finally, I would like to share with you a tremendous resource that is from the heart and soul of Boston that is Cambridge's MIT and the Open Courseware

Project. Check it out and pass it along to everyone in high school and beyond: http://www.cosmolearning.com

Finally, on this Memorial Day, having been blessed with my youngest brother's return from duty in Afghanistan I feel the pain of those who didn't make it back and thanking all the families for their sacrifices and to all the rest of the boys and girls serving to preserve our Life, Liberty, Property - THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Methinks that in general New England is a nurturer of very high quality of life!

To be sure, Boston is the center or hub of the sports Universe - the successful track record speaks for itself!

Western New York is a top notch sports haven/incubator and despite the post Rust belt development growing pains quality of life is at the forefront of

regional growth.

Fans here or there are world class to the extent that they manage the irrationally exhuberant in their respective midsts - a tall order at times!

Finally, I would like to share with you a tremendous resource that is from the heart and soul of Boston that is Cambridge's MIT and the Open Courseware

Project. Check it out and pass it along to everyone in high school and beyond: http://www.cosmolearning.com

Finally, on this Memorial Day, having been blessed with my youngest brother's return from duty in Afghanistan I feel the pain of those who didn't make it back and thanking all the families for their sacrifices and to all the rest of the boys and girls serving to preserve our Life, Liberty, Property - THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

1. Boston is the dirtiest city I ever have seen. And I have been freaking everywhere. Except San Fran. Maybe that's dirtier.

2. Hub of the sports universe? Are you kidding? They had no football fans prior to 2000. Their baseball team was a national joke for nearly ninety years (but I was glad in 2004!). The Bruins management makes the Sabres look like Manchester United. I can't criticize the Celtics right now, though; they have put together a team of very good, but not mega-star, players, that seems to do well lately. Reminds me of the Sabs from a couple of years ago.

3. Boston fans are a$$holes. You know it, I know it, the world knows it. Don't even bother.

4. Yippee MIT!!!!! Whatever. It's still Boston crap. That whole city--including the scientists--had much more humility before the 2004 ALCS.

5. And this is most important: I'm glad your brother is safe and in his family's arms. He served in an important, and dangerous, capacity. Please thank him for some guy he's never met; i.e., me.

As always, the truth about Boston lies somewhere in between the last two poster's opinions!

SabresRepublic, thank your brother for his patriotism and service. I'm sure everyone on this board feels great for your family that he's home safe and sound!

1. Boston is the dirtiest city I ever have seen. And I have been freaking everywhere. Except San Fran. Maybe that's dirtier.

Based on the reputation San Fran has for having a large gay population, I'm willing to bet it's pretty clean. :D

What about those who love the city of Philadelphia,, but hate the Flyers?????????

FU, that's what. :D

It's hard to not like this Flyers team,... and yes, I just threw up a little in my mouth.

What about those who love the city of Philadelphia,, but hate the Flyers?????????

I've never really understood Philly. I mean, it's a huge city, but it seems so generic. Kind of like a colder Dallas. I've only been three times, and each was a short visit. I never had the opportunity to check out the restaurants (I mean real restaurants, not the cheesesteak joints), but when I read today that Roenick said the food in Philly was better than that in Chicago, I was astonished. Either Philly has some incredible restaurants, or Roenick doesn't know good cuisine. (Roenick does run at the mouth once in a while, you know? But as I said, I've never had the fine dining that Philly has to offer.)

I will say this: during one visit, I had the best damned pizza I ever have had from a pizzeria. It was a tomato pie, and it tasted exactly like what my grandmother used to make.

If you're a Sabres fan, rooting for the Flyers is criminal. Treacherous. Dastardly. It is tantamount to rooting for the Senators. If the Senators and Flyers play a series, a Sabres fan should root for injuries. Sorry, Swamp.

I've never really understood Philly. I mean, it's a huge city, but it seems so generic. Kind of like a colder Dallas. I've only been three times, and each was a short visit. I never had the opportunity to check out the restaurants (I mean real restaurants, not the cheesesteak joints), but when I read today that Roenick said the food in Philly was better than that in Chicago, I was astonished. Either Philly has some incredible restaurants, or Roenick doesn't know good cuisine. (Roenick does run at the mouth once in a while, you know? But as I said, I've never had the fine dining that Philly has to offer.)

I will say this: during one visit, I had the best damned pizza I ever have had from a pizzeria. It was a tomato pie, and it tasted exactly like what my grandmother used to make.

If you're a Sabres fan, rooting for the Flyers is criminal. Treacherous. Dastardly. It is tantamount to rooting for the Senators. If the Senators and Flyers play a series, a Sabres fan should root for injuries. Sorry, Swamp.

No prob. I think I'm just overwhelmed the there are NHL players that actually have passion for the game they are playing. They even sound different in interviews than our current roster.

Don't worry, no matter who wins,... I'll hate them.

FU, that's what. :D

It's hard to not like this Flyers team,... and yes, I just threw up a little in my mouth.

F me???? I'm a (the) Sabres fan that has lived in the Philly area for all of my 40 years; who was never a flyers fan. I was a Nordique & Ranger fan growing up.

Add: Mike Richter grew up in a township right next to me. We were never friends but it gave me an easy excuse to root for the Rangers. :)

F me???? I'm a (the) Sabres fan that has lived in the Philly area for all of my 40 years; who was never a flyers fan. I was a Nordique & Ranger fan growing up.

He was kidding. He doesn't like your hat.

Amen and please thank your brother for me.

I 'kinda' rooted for Philly over Boston and Montreal. It was really strange and I don't know that I liked it. I'm certainly not rooting for them now.

Philly does have some good food and good bars. It depends on where you go and what you want. Having never been to Chicago, I can't make a comparison. There are a lot of fancier food places as well but, it's tough to know what Roenick was referring to.

I 'kinda' rooted for Philly over Boston and Montreal. It was really strange and I don't know that I liked it. I'm certainly not rooting for them now.

I didn't root for anyone, but I will readily admit to getting a very good laugh out of Boston's choke. Now if only the Celtics had done the same. That combination easily would have been the biggest combined choke job in the history of the world (yeah, that's a bit over the top, but damn would it have been funny).

Dirty as in litter? I love NYC, but it's worse here. And DC is probably worse than Boston too. If you're including foreign locations, Mexico City is much worse.

Dirty as in litter? I love NYC, but it's worse here. And DC is probably worse than Boston too. If you're including foreign locations, Mexico City is much worse.

I actually think Boston is dirtier than New York (yes, as in litter), but I've only been to three of the five boroughs (Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens). Then again, it's been a long time since I've been to Boston; maybe they've cleaned up their act. Washington, D.C. is the cleanest city I've ever been to (lived in it for quite a while, actually), and that includes some of the not-so-nice areas. It was when I lived in Washington that I was struck by how dirty Boston is.

Philly does have some good food and good bars. It depends on where you go and what you want. Having never been to Chicago, I can't make a comparison. There are a lot of fancier food places as well but, it's tough to know what Roenick was referring to.

Rooting for Philly = Kissing your Brother

I actually think Boston is dirtier than New York (yes, as in litter), but I've only been to three of the five boroughs (Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens). Then again, it's been a long time since I've been to Boston; maybe they've cleaned up their act. Washington, D.C. is the cleanest city I've ever been to (lived in it for quite a while, actually), and that includes some of the not-so-nice areas. It was when I lived in Washington that I was struck by how dirty Boston is.

Were you in Boston pre-big dig? That's made a pretty big difference. There's a lot more open space as opposed to bridge and highway covered land.

Archived