CONFERENCE FINALS THREAD

Corp000085

Both teams have won enormous games. I think the Canadiens have the goaltending and D to shutdown everyone. They also have the franchise legacy and fans that are into every second of every game. I think the Canadiens can even handle the WC teams.

Nailed that prediction... :doh:

Is that goals in seven straight games for Gagne? I know Briere gets the attention here in Buffalo but I would like to see Gagne in a Sabres uniform before Briere.

MUCH agreed. And yes, I think it's seven.

What's the saying, it's not a series until somebody loses at home?

It's been pretty good hockey, but I'd really like to see a close game. The intensity level would be even greater.

Gimme one more home team blowout, and then I'm good to see the visitors win a close game 5.

Seriously. Their white uniforms looks better than the Sabres', but the team in them doesn't.

I wonder which Sabres team will show up on Saturday because last night was the one that blows a team out to pad the stats.

I wonder which Sabres team will show up on Saturday because last night was the one that blows a team out to pad the stats.

Did anyone catch the part where the Versus guys were talking about how the Canadiens had adjusted their tactics, switching from a trap to a system like the one that the Sabres had used so effectively all season? (*cough* Sabres' system is not a trap *cough* ... that's for The Brain or whatever user name he uses next.) I was working, so I wasn't able to watch closely enough to see how similar it was, but my ears did perk up when I heard that.

Did anyone catch the part where the Versus guys were talking about how the Canadiens had adjusted their tactics, switching from a trap to a system like the one that the Sabres had used so effectively all season? (*cough* Sabres' system is not a trap *cough* ... that's for The Brain or whatever user name he uses next.) I was working, so I wasn't able to watch closely enough to see how similar it was, but my ears did perk up when I heard that.

I didn't hear that. I wish I would have; the analysis would have been interesting.

But still good enough to carry a team such as this to a division title.

I'll take some more of that kind of overrated, thank you.

It's OK for fans to consider the division title to be a accomplishment. A division title without a Stanley Cup should be considered a failure by the front office. To me the division title is completely meaningless. The 100 points the Sabres reached this season is meaningless. They got knocked out in six games in the first round. That trumps the division title and the point total. Miller made some amazing saves in the series and let in some goals that left you scratching your head. The six games against Boston outweigh the 82 regular season games. In those six games Miller looked elite at times and not so much other times, maybe more so the latter. I see Miller on the Curtis Joseph path. Where we are posting here years from now wondering how he never won a Cup.

It's OK for fans to consider the division title to be a accomplishment. A division title without a Stanley Cup should be considered a failure by the front office. To me the division title is completely meaningless. The 100 points the Sabres reached this season is meaningless. They got knocked out in six games in the first round. That trumps the division title and the point total. Miller made some amazing saves in the series and let in some goals that left you scratching your head. The six games against Boston outweigh the 82 regular season games. In those six games Miller looked elite at times and not so much other times, maybe more so the latter. I see Miller on the Curtis Joseph path. Where we are posting here years from now wondering how he never won a Cup.

I don't remember many head scratchers by Miller. Connolly had me scratching my head a lot more. Of the four goalies left in the playoffs, I think only Niemi(sp?) is playing better. I might have to change my vote for him to a five. It's nice to not have to think about that position. The Sabres have many other positions to address first.

Archived