CONFERENCE FINALS THREAD

Corp000085

I don't remember many head scratchers by Miller. Connolly had me scratching my head a lot more. Of the four goalies left in the playoffs, I think only Niemi(sp?) is playing better. I might have to change my vote for him to a five. It's nice to not have to think about that position. The Sabres have many other positions to address first.

The Satan OT goal? The game tying goal that went through him? There were at least three or four goals he overplayed and was out of position. He had great moments. He did not have a great series.

The Satan OT goal? The game tying goal that went through him? There were at least three or four goals he overplayed and was out of position. He had great moments. He did not have a great series.

He still wasn't the problem. He is still third in GAA and fourth in save % in the playoffs. At this point, I would still take him over any goalie left in the playoffs. (How's that for positive, shrader?.. I feel dirty)

Both bad goals, but considering the support he got I can't blame him for feeling like he was the only Buffalo player on the ice, which I'm sure could lead to some bad decisions after a long season.

Overrated? Perhaps.

Good enough? Most definitely.

It's OK for fans to consider the division title to be a accomplishment. A division title without a Stanley Cup should be considered a failure by the front office. To me the division title is completely meaningless. The 100 points the Sabres reached this season is meaningless. They got knocked out in six games in the first round. That trumps the division title and the point total. Miller made some amazing saves in the series and let in some goals that left you scratching your head. The six games against Boston outweigh the 82 regular season games. In those six games Miller looked elite at times and not so much other times, maybe more so the latter. I see Miller on the Curtis Joseph path. Where we are posting here years from now wondering how he never won a Cup.

Also, the Sabres got those 100 points by going 56-44, first half second half. And it looks even worse if you compare the first 47 games with the next 41, including playoffs. Something like 30-11-6 to 17-20-4. It looks like they benefited from the early season schedule and Miller's Olympic push before petering out. Not a whole helluva lot to be proud of, or hang your hat on. The concern would be the Sabres picking up in the fall where they left off.

It's OK for fans to consider the division title to be a accomplishment. A division title without a Stanley Cup should be considered a failure by the front office. To me the division title is completely meaningless. The 100 points the Sabres reached this season is meaningless.

I disagree that it is meaningless. If it were, we'd all just agree to meet up in April to start watching. The 6+ months of hockey that occur during the regular season has value to me and are part of the experience.

I would, however, agree with you and PA on two things: (1) the results of the regular season, other than making it to the playoffs (the rest is moot if you don't), pale in comparison to the results of the post season; and (2) the second (roughly) half of the season (34 points in 35 games) was far worse than the first (64 points in 47 games.) So, it was nice to have the first half of the season to watch - a lot of enjoyable wins - but most everything after that was very concerning.

I watched my first whole game last night since the Sabres got knocked out. I have caught bits and pieces of other games, but decided to sit down and watch the Sharks/Hawks game...That Hawks team is just awesome. I really, really like watching them play. A breath of fresh air from the last couple of games I saw.

I disagree that it is meaningless. If it were, we'd all just agree to meet up in April to start watching. The 6+ months of hockey that occur during the regular season has value to me and are part of the experience.

I would, however, agree with you and PA on two things: (1) the results of the regular season, other than making it to the playoffs (the rest is moot if you don't), pale in comparison to the results of the post season; and (2) the second (roughly) half of the season (34 points in 35 games) was far worse than the first (64 points in 47 games.) So, it was nice to have the first half of the season to watch - a lot of enjoyable wins - but most everything after that was very concerning.

You're coming around. It's good to see. If you stick with me and Luca here, you'll be fine. :ph34r:

More and more looking like Chicago and Philly. I think Chicago will kill them. But then again I never would have thought Philly could have come out of the East.

Would Montreal vs. San Jose shock anyone, after all that's happened?

Would Montreal vs. San Jose shock anyone, after all that's happened?

Based on what I've seen so far, it would be a shock. I wouldn't mind seeing that matchup, but it looks like the clock is about to strike 12 for both those teams

Is the Chris Pronger acquisition the move of the season? It's frustrating to think that Pronger is a player the Sabres had zero chance of ever acquiring. How can you ever really be a contender when a large portion of the better players in the league are not even a option for you.

My good friend Pete is about as hard core a philly fan as they come.When the flyers signed Pronger I called him and said it looks like the flyers are going to make a run at the cup this year.As a hard core sabres fan I can honestly say I've never had a friend call me and make the same statement.Its a real indication of this management groups ineptitude when it comes to THE GOAL which should be nothing less than winning the cup.Every year.Maybe after 35 years of dreaming the seemingly impossible I've finally come to the realization that I laid my money down on the wrong horse.

Is the Chris Pronger acquisition the move of the season? It's frustrating to think that Pronger is a player the Sabres had zero chance of ever acquiring. How can you ever really be a contender when a large portion of the better players in the league are not even a option for you.

Lindy will never allow a guy on the team bigger than him. He's the star. Once you get over that fact it's not frustrating at all, it's just the way it is.

Lindy will never allow a guy on the team bigger than him. He's the star. Once you get over that fact it's not frustrating at all, it's just the way it is.

Why would Lindy even have a say. He's just a coach.

It's still frustrating to think that the Sabres could be willing to pay top dollar too any quality free agent and won't be able to get one signed.

Screw Briere envy, it's time to start having Leighton envy. The man is sizzling hot.

Has any team been shutout three times in four games in NHL history?

If the Sabres haven't pulled the trick in the inept tenure of LR, I'd be shocked.

Screw Briere envy, it's time to start having Leighton envy. The man is sizzling hot.

Has any team been shutout three times in four games in NHL history?

Very impressive, but he also faced just 17 shots last night. That, too, is impressive.

If the Sabres haven't pulled the trick in the inept tenure of LR, I'd be shocked.

I haven't bothered to look for Sabres' playoff results to see if they've been shut out three times in one playoff series. However my money is on "no" and this post sounds like just another gratuitous slam against Lindy Ruff.

I am not a Shark fan or a Heatley fan for sure. The official that called the penalty that led to the 3-2 lead should not be allowed to officiate another game in the playoffs.

Certainly one of the weakest calls I've seen in a while. Heatley didn't protest too much though.

I'd have lost my house if someone had bet me that the Hawks could sweep the Sharks. I'm still shaking my head over that one.

Watching the Hawks compete is entertaining. They really hustle.

Archived