CONFERENCE FINALS THREAD

Corp000085

oh i thought chicago won it sometime in the early 90s

Nope. Go to Wikipedia and type in Chicago Blackhawks.

Even I can't keep track of all the data and figures. I try as little as possible to assume all of the facts and figures, but even I fail at that from time to time. There are other posters on here who are far better than me on that, so much so that it's like "inside baseball", er, hockey, to me.

End of the 2nd and the Flyers lead Montreal 4-0. Not looking good at all.

That's totally depressing. The score has cost me all leverage over control of the TV. Now I'm reduced to watching my wife's choice, Survivor!

Its looking like the canadians smallish players are going to have a ###### of a time with the flyers top 4 D which are pretty good.Halak is having trouble seeing the puck with traffic in front.This might be easier for the flyers than I thought.Montreal looks like crap.

Its looking like the canadians smallish players are going to have a ###### of a time with the flyers top 4 D which are pretty good.Halak is having trouble seeing the puck with traffic in front.This might be easier for the flyers than I thought.Montreal looks like crap.

The thought of seeing the Broad Street Beavers in the SCF is absolutely depressing.

Dude, that's cold.

It's also what I saw. I saw games 3, 4, and 6 from the Boston series tonight, but the Sabres were wearing the bleu, blanc et rouge.

And fared worse.

EDIT: I realize that Roy sometimes wears rouge. That's not the kind of rouge I meant.

DOUBLE EDIT: XC, now is it cold enough for you?

It's also what I saw. I saw games 3, 4, and 6 from the Boston series tonight, but the Sabres were wearing the bleu, blanc et rouge.

And fared worse.

EDIT: I realize that Roy sometimes wears rouge. That's not the kind of rouge I meant.

DOUBLE EDIT: XC, now is it cold enough for you?

I thought of it as a snarky kind of cold. NM.

here's what i don't get... all the same people that blame lindys coaching are the same ones that want to trade all of our players.. So you say Bylsma should be fired because he has crosby and malkin. I don't see any of you saying that they should trade either of those two.. If our players are really as bad as you say, shouldn't Lindy be commended for getting them this far??

here's what i don't get... all the same people that blame lindys coaching are the same ones that want to trade all of our players.. So you say Bylsma should be fired because he has crosby and malkin. I don't see any of you saying that they should trade either of those two.. If our players are really as bad as you say, shouldn't Lindy be commended for getting them this far??

No! Where did he get them to? This team went as far as Ryan Miller took them. Any coach could have put Miller's name on the lineup card. I don;t see many forwards being coached up beyond their talent. The defense outside of Myers is a mess. Not to mention to continue letting the worst player on the team stay in the lineup and wear the 'C'. I asked before and no one really wanted to answer, what is the Lindy Ruff influence? What is he bringing to the team.

Briere has been pretty hot for Philly the past few games, so here's a little stat sheet I came up with. Rather interesting:

Danny Briere In the Past 5 Years: Reached the playoffs All 5 years, 4 Eastern Conference Finals appearances, 29 Playoff Goals (9GWG), 42 Playoff Assists. That's 71 Playoff Points since the lock out.

Not many other players are up there in terms of point production. I ran Zetterberg's numbers. He's at 86 playoff points in the past 5 years:

43 goals (7GWG), 43 Assists. Total of 86 playoff points.

To the folks who won't watch post-Sabres hockey: Wow, I really wish I could unwind to a non-Sabres hockey game right now. Really screwy day, really BAD day, and I really wish there was a game on, where I don't care that much about the outcome. Somehow, the baseball game between two AL East teams isn't doing it, and neither is the NBA game.

No! Where did he get them to? This team went as far as Ryan Miller took them. Any coach could have put Miller's name on the lineup card. I don;t see many forwards being coached up beyond their talent. The defense outside of Myers is a mess. Not to mention to continue letting the worst player on the team stay in the lineup and wear the 'C'. I asked before and no one really wanted to answer, what is the Lindy Ruff influence? What is he bringing to the team?

I guess it's like the old saying, "Put your money where your mouth is"? IOW, all talk and no action. Of course, I am referring to Lindy, not DeLuca.

Wow. You are right. Montreal really looks like the Sabres tonight as well. Of course it helps when Philly is allowed to put Gionta in a headlock in front of the net with no call. Wait, that also looks like a Sabres game.

Wow. You are right. Montreal really looks like the Sabres tonight as well. Of course it helps when Philly is allowed to put Gionta in a headlock in front of the net with no call. Wait, that also looks like a Sabres game.

Seriously. Their white uniforms looks better than the Sabres', but the team in them doesn't.

Archived