CONFERENCE FINALS THREAD

Corp000085

I'll give you a topic: The Righteous Brothers were neither righteous nor brothers. Discuss...

Rootin for Soupy and the Nuts all the way. Kinda my second favorite team anyway throughout the year. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The series to watch is Flyers vs Canadians. Two classic teams with with classic uniforms. The biggest question of the series is can the Flyers get enough stops from their goaltender? The Flyers have the edge upfront. Maybe even a slight edge on the blueline.

The series to watch is Flyers vs Canadians. Two classic teams with with classic uniforms. The biggest question of the series is can the Flyers get enough stops from their goaltender? The Flyers have the edge upfront. Maybe even a slight edge on the blueline.

Both teams have won enormous games. I think the Canadiens have the goaltending and D to shutdown everyone. They also have the franchise legacy and fans that are into every second of every game. I think the Canadiens can even handle the WC teams.

Both teams have won enormous games. I think the Canadiens have the goaltending and D to shutdown everyone. They also have the franchise legacy and fans that are into every second of every game. I think the Canadiens can even handle the WC teams.

Bob Gainey ended up doing a pretty good job last off-season. He certainly deserves some recognition despite having stepped down. I wouldn't mind seeing him in control of the Sabres off-season. It would be great to have some excitement to build off going into next season.

People forget that Philly lost to the Penguins in the ECFs two years ago, then lost to the eventual SC Champion Penguins last year. They're pretty good. Goaltending is their only real issue. Montreal is playing great with good goaltending. It's going to be a good series.

Bob Gainey ended up doing a pretty good job last off-season. He certainly deserves some recognition despite having stepped down. I wouldn't mind seeing him in control of the Sabres off-season. It would be great to have some excitement to build off going into next season.

There's an intriguing idea -- if only in our dreams.

NHL must be pretty satisfied with one aspect of the playoffs so far -- more folks are watching on TV. This story says games on NBC and Versus so far have drawn the largest American audiences in a decade. In Canada, CBC, TSN and RDS are reporting viewership gains of 65 to 90 percent over last year, and the Habs are given credit.

NY Times on the Conference finals

I really want to see Montreal mop the floor (or is it resurface the ice?) with Philly.

I fully concur with this. The thought of seeing the Broad Street Beavers with another Stanley Cup is nauseating at best... :sick:

I can't muster any anger for either team. All my anger is focused at the Sabres front office because of the wasted opportunity.

There are no "wasted" opportunities, because someone else grabs the ones you miss. Much to our chagrin. That's why I'd love to see Darcy and LQ moved to the trash bin (yeah I know LQ is a minority partner, but can't he be in charge of making sure the restrooms are clean or something?).

i wouldnt mind seeing chicago winning the whole thing, question did they win in all in 94?

Chicago last won the Cup in 1961. You must be thinking of the New York team other than the Isles.

Archived