GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Guest Sloth

Having to watch the Sabres game in Florida today, I'll have to go to a Buffalo Wildwings. Of course, before I begin drinking :beer: and eating wings, I'm going to make sure they have the game. I've been to a few Buffalo Wildwings that didn't carry any hockey action.

As for the Sabres game this afternoon, they had better come out hard, because I'm sure Boston is going to try to repeat the 2nd period they had in game 1. Boston simply owned the Sabres in that period. Thank goodness for the SWEET setup by Tim Kennedy for Craig Rivet.

Let's go Buffalo!

Heading out now to the game...hoping the Sabres can become the first team this year to go up 2-0 in their series!:)

I'm just about to leave the house too. 100 Level tickets! I'm psyched!

Here's an interesting playoff stat in the Ruff Error, err, Era. :)

Lindy is a fantastic 13-4 in Game 1s. In the previous 12 Game 2s with a 1-0 series lead, though, he is just 6-6.

Some big Game 2 mottzaballs hanging out there include the 98 ECF, the 99 Cup final and the 06 ECF. With Game 2 wins in those series, you can easily argue we'd be gunning for a third Cup right now. (whowins.com says that historically in the NHL playoffs, when a team takes a 2-0 series lead in a best of seven series, that team wins the series upwards of 90 percent of the time.)

Not sure what Lindy's deal is with Game 2s. He's often said after winning Game 1 that Game 2 is a chance to "go for it." I've always wondered why you'd change your thinking at all after winning the first game. He almost has treated Game 2s as throwaway games that can be treated as a gamble.

Lindy is a fantastic 13-4 in Game 1s. In the previous 12 Game 2s with a 1-0 series lead, though, he is just 6-6.

Some big Game 2 mottzaballs hanging out there include the 98 ECF, the 99 Cup final and the 06 ECF. With Game 2 wins in those series, you can easily argue we'd be gunning for a third Cup right now. (whowins.com says that historically in the NHL playoffs, when a team takes a 2-0 series lead in a best of seven series, that team wins the series upwards of 90 percent of the time.)

Not sure what Lindy's deal is with Game 2s. He's often said after winning Game 1 that Game 2 is a chance to "go for it." I've always wondered why you'd change your thinking at all after winning the first game. He almost has treated Game 2s as throwaway games that can be treated as a gamble.

What is the break down of the 6-6 based on home and away?

You know I love ya PA, but are you actually complaining about losing game 2 before we even lost it?

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere,

Myers hit on Boychuk reviewed by league and judge okay. I think Myers got lucky.

Even with HD replays, you wonder how much the league can actually discern from the views they are given.

What is the break down of the 6-6 based on home and away?

The three "matza balls" he referenced were all roadies. Hard to criticize a team after winning Game 1 on the road to steal home ice. It's not like those were quarterfinal matchups -- we're talking two conference finals and a Cup final.

So, AT WORST, Ruff is 6-3 at home in Game 2 after winning the first.

Is that BBQ Chicken and homemade pizza or is the chicken going on the pizza. Either way it sounds good. :thumbsup:

Don't know which one elcrusho is doing, but if you ever see that tub-o'-BBQ chicken (yellow tub about the size and shape of a Cool Whip container) at the store, grab one, some individual Boboli crusts and some shredded cheddar cheese. Makes for a really quick, easy and tasty dinner.

According to the B'S they're going to crowd the crease and try and make life miserable for Miller.That was most likely in their gameplan before game 1 as well.Did'nt seem to work then,hopefully the refs are on top of any infractions in the crease.Has it looked like they're calling any in the other series?Methinks this'll be a rough one.Lets get it on!

According to the B'S they're going to crowd the crease and try and make life miserable for Miller.That was most likely in their gameplan before game 1 as well.Did'nt seem to work then,hopefully the refs are on top of any infractions in the crease.Has it looked like they're calling any in the other series?Methinks this'll be a rough one.Lets get it on!

Let's hope that they have the ref from the Shark's game last night that disallowed one of their goals for bumping (not running, gently bumping) the goaltender. It was Setoguchi, I believe, who actually got the OT game winner later. He was driving to the net with the puck and tried to hold up to avoid bumping the goaltender. Not only was the goal waived off, but he was given a penalty.

Protecting Ryan Miller should be one of the Sabres top priority's and big Tyler Myers needs to be Miller's security blanket when he's on the ice.(make their lives miserable)

Thought I would add to the playoff mood this morning with a little video I chopped together...It isn't great, but I thought some would enjoy...

You should make one of these with Jason Pominville's Game 5 OT winner in 2006. Start right as he's putting in the puck, run it until after RJ's "oh, now do you believe" call, then reverse it back to right before he goes around Alfredsson. Caption it "What if Alfie weren't a traffic cone?" or something like that.

You should make one of these with Jason Pominville's Game 5 OT winner in 2006. Start right as he's putting in the puck, run it until after RJ's "oh, now do you believe" call, then reverse it back to right before he goes around Alfredsson. Caption it "What if Alfie weren't a traffic cone?" or something like that.

lol. That's pretty funny. I may have to do that.

Archived