GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

1:00pm, NBC, 550am, wgr550.com

Thursday, the Sabres out hit the Bruins. Today is the day when the Sabres have to out-offense the Bruins. They were absolutely horrible at clearing the puck out of the zone and setting up a transition game, and the PP stunk. If they can clear the puck better, it will set up opportunities. As for the PP, they had their chances, but pucks weren't going in. Eventually something will go in if they keep passing well and choosing their shots. As far as a prediction, I see this game being a close one just like the last; however, I see Buffalo pulling out a 2 goal, hard fought victory.

LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!

1:00pm, NBC, 550am, wgr550.com

Thursday, the Sabres out hit the Bruins. Today is the day when the Sabres have to out-offense the Bruins. They were absolutely horrible at clearing the puck out of the zone and setting up a transition game, and the PP stunk. If they can clear the puck better, it will set up opportunities. As for the PP, they had their chances, but pucks weren't going in. Eventually something will go in if they keep passing well and choosing their shots. As far as a prediction, I see this game being a close one just like the last; however, I see Buffalo pulling out a 2 goal, hard fought victory.

LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!

Damn you are up early for a sat morning..lol

It's like a football Sunday -- need to prep for the 1:00 start! LETS GO BUF-FA-LO!!!

I look for Timmy to be more of a factor today; Thursday was his opportunity to get back into the flow. I'm predicting goals for Pominville and Ennis.

I hear you man.. hoping to get out of here by 11 at the latest.

Get it done Buffalo!! :pirate:

I dont get out of work till 5pm...LOL..I just dont get why they have these afternoon games on the weekend..Hockey needs to be played at nightime during the playoffs so the loud angry fans (like myself) can go make the necessary loud man noise unlike the 6 thousand kids under the age of 13 will be making today....

Damn you are up early for a sat morning..lol

I got to sleep in! I flew home to Buffalo and left my wife and baby for the weekend... Yes, its for a hockey game, so don't criticize me for being the worst husband/father ever!

I got to sleep in! I flew home to Buffalo and left my wife and baby for the weekend... Yes, its for a hockey game, so don't criticize me for being the worst husband/father ever!

I got you smoked..My second child was born and I made my wife take a cab home from the hospital on Bills opening day 1993...######()&%

I like it. The second best game I ever went to started, I believe, at noon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9uCtaSngEA

And, that 8 goal beatdown of the Flyers a while back was an afternoon game as well.

Important question..way to many family obligations this afternoon to watch the game live..does anybody know if NBC has announced what they will do in case of a 2 or 3 OT game. I see the golf is on after the game, and it is only a champions tour event, but I am sure NBC will pull the plug on the hockey as soon as it squeezes into the golf. Trying to set the dvr to record where it might go. Any suggestions appreciated.

EDIT..Just saw that back in the day, NBC would switch to Versus if games went to 2 OT's, but cannot see if that is still the case. Will keep looking though.

Well being on the westcoast these 10 AM games fit in nicely.Barring overtime I;ll be out enjoying the sunshine by 1 or so.Can't beat it.The trouble I have is not getting off work til 5 pm on a weekday and missing the first hour of a game that starts 7 eastern.Sucks.

Archived